Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
This is a joke... 7 months wait for a 10 minute appointment!

Do you have to keep checking for cancellations?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:27 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
It's totally worth it to check for cancellations

It's totally worth it to check for cancellations– Even once a week can usually turn up an appointment before too long.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by navatwal
Got approval for my infant today and the first available appontment is in July which is two months after scheduled travel in May.

Is there any way to expedite an appointment or is there any other options in Bay Area?

Can I just walk-in?
Yes, SFO is one of the few Global Entry Enrollment Centers that regularly accept walk-in interviews.

Please take a look at this thread (and be sure to check the Wikipost):
Global Entry Walk-In Interviews

Originally Posted by Wikipost
Note: It has been confirmed that there are six walk-in spots available twice a day: 7am & 3pm.
Obviously, to increase your chances of one of those spots, you will need to arrive earlier than those times.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: UA GS/MM, Marriott TE, National EE, Global Entry/TSA-Pre, APEC BTC
Originally Posted by navatwal
This is a joke... 7 months wait for a 10 minute appointment!

Do you have to keep checking for cancellations?
yes! Yesterday I had an appointment scheduled in April in SFO. I spent about 2~3 hours continually checking four centers that I knew I'd be traveling to soon. Early openings were popping up every now and then and disappearing within 5 minutes. You have to be lucky or patient.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Will the search calendar immediately show an available early appointment?

For example right now it scrolls to July automatically, if something opens up in Feb do I need to go back and check manually or will the system automatically display Feb as the first available date even though even only say one appointment exists?

Originally Posted by unitedhandcuffs
yes! Yesterday I had an appointment scheduled in April in SFO. I spent about 2~3 hours continually checking four centers that I knew I'd be traveling to soon. Early openings were popping up every now and then and disappearing within 5 minutes. You have to be lucky or patient.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:25 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
You will see the earliest appointment available when you login

Is That your question? Do you mean if something opens up while you're looking? That I don't know, but it will always show the earliest appointment available when you login even if there's only one.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:13 am

FYI, for anyone in the Detroit area, interview availability at the GE enrollment center near the Ambassador Bridge is wide open. I'll be in Detroit in a couple weeks for work and booked one there. A 6:45 PM appointment there seemed a lot more appealing than waking up for a 6 AM Sunday appointment, or sitting in rush hour traffic for a 9 AM weekday appointment at my home airport (STL)
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:50 am

I tried to do my interview at the SEA or SFO office, but both were booked way in advance. I also had a MIA trip coming up and checked for MIA. their whole calendar was pretty much empty and the officer told me that I dont even have to make an appointment at MIA I can just walk in. Well thats what he told me. He is also the one who told me to use my VISA page instead of passport ID page to get scanned at the booth. Luckily I figured that out myself before going back in line and waiting for ever in the regular immigration line...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:00 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Copied from Global Entry - Processing Time thread:

Originally Posted by Fheardhaigh
Applied 10 JAN
Conditional approval 18 JAN
Interview: many slots available in Chicago. Earliest was 01 FEB at O'Hare or 25 JAN downtown.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Fheardhaigh
Applied 10 JAN
Conditional approval 18 JAN
Interview: many slots available in Chicago. Earliest was 01 FEB at O'Hare or 25 JAN downtown.
When did downtown start processing interviews again? It said unavailable all Decembe. Same first week in January when I checked for my mother. Rockford was equally unavailable.

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 18, 2017 at 11:17 am
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My wife just got approved and there isn't a single appointment available in Milwaukee. Closest place is ORD.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RichMSN
My wife just got approved and there isn't a single appointment available in Milwaukee. Closest place is ORD.
I suspect that MSP isn't a lot farther from Madison than ORD. It might even be an easier drive. You might want to look for MSP appointments, although I know they were fully booked around the beginning of summer.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I suspect that MSP isn't a lot farther from Madison than ORD. You might want to look for MSP appointments, although I know they were fully booked around the beginning of summer.
We booked a night at an ORD hotel. This process should be easier and more readily available -- no reason there's only one location in an entire state -- and it seems like around us it's either MSP, ORD, or MKE -- and good luck.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RichMSN
We booked a night at an ORD hotel. This process should be easier and more readily available -- no reason there's only one location in an entire state -- and it seems like around us it's either MSP, ORD, or MKE -- and good luck.
When I did my renewal, I was looking at driving up the Grand Portage but fortunately I was approved without an interview.

It sounds like you've sorted it out and are all set. Maybe you'll have a bit of time to have fun in Chicago.

Permanent GE interview sites are mainly located at major hub airports plus certain border crossing points and a few big city locations. I wouldn't expect one everywhere. This is said by someone who did the initial GE interview at JFK, long before it was possible at MSP.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 26, 2017 at 8:58 pm Reason: Correcting autocorrect
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I did my renewal, I was looking at driving up the Grand Portage but fortunately I was approved without an interview.

It sounds like you've sorted it out and are all set. Maybe you'll have a bit of time to have fun in Chicago.

Permanent GE interview sites are mainly located at major hub airports plus certain. Order crossing points and a few big city locations. I wouldn't expect one everywhere. This is said by someone who did the initial GE interview at JFK, long before it was possible at MSP.
I think we're planning on working in the morning from the hotel, going to the interview, then going to IKEA. Not that much fun, but we're boring.

My renewal is coming up in a year or two. I hope that can be approved without an interview, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.