Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Mid-Tier, Marriott PP/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by webslog
8/12 pm update

BNA = 14 Sept. Work the lurk, folks.

8/10 pm update

BNA = 27 September. Another 2 months forward. Might be able to pull this off in time for my Berlin trip in three weeks.

8/9/17 am update
BNA = 10 Nov - another 2-month leap forward. Lurking works. I'm not willing to burn points to fly to another airport to get my KTN before heading out to Berlin.

8/4/17 noon update:
BNA = 19 Jan 2017 - that's two months in two days, and the avails have always shown up around noon-ish (when the center opens). Makes me wonder if the person there is checking some sort of inbox and updating. But I would think that the online scheduling borg handled it automatically. In any case, I'm revising my lurk plan to focus more around the 11am - 1pm hours.

8/3/17 noon update:
BNA = 15 Feb 2017 What's weird is that the calendar appears to only show the Center open 4 hours/day (noon - 4p).

BNA = March 23, 2017
Went out to Interview Center to try walk-in about 45 mins after open. Office was at end of hall, no lights on in hall. Waiting room was locked. Waited in hall for about 20 mins, not a peep. No one in, no one out.

Back to lurking the scheduling calendar.
Work the lurk indeed. I was one of the fortunate ones (SFO) who grabbed a cancellation as soon as it became available
because I refused to accept the mid-2017 selections the system first put me into. I scrolled back to the current month,
selected the following week, and presto, a lone Sunday appointment was available!

Here's my timeline, a rather quick one compared to what I've read so far in this forum:

Applied: 08/02/16
Conditional approval: 08/10/16
Interview (SFO): 08/14/16 @3:30pm
Approval notification email: 08/14/2016 @3:51pm
GE card received: 08/20/2016
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: HH <>, B6 mosaic
The Boston office must have finally gotten more staffing. They have tons of available slots starting in October. I enrolled in May 2016, my interview appointment was January 2017 until today when I was able to snag October 15, 2016.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bcl00
The Boston office must have finally gotten more staffing. They have tons of available slots starting in October. I enrolled in May 2016, my interview appointment was January 2017 until today when I was able to snag October 15, 2016.
Very true - I just checked and grabbed an Oct 16th appointment. ^

I originally booked for Sep 30th but it would have required travel to JFK. An extra 2 weeks to skip the RT flight is well worth it.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:50 pm

Was conditionally approved on August 21. At the time, earliest interview in the vicinity was Newark late October. A few days later, there were a few slots that opened up in September so I grabbed one. Two days ago, I snagged an interview slot for today (August 27) at JFK! Think I was extremely lucky Interview took less than 10 minutes, received email notification less than 15 minutes after that.

So seriously, keep checking back for interview slots opening up! The interview availability opens up to the first available appointment so I was checking a few times a day to try my luck.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by zoechow
SFO has opened new night time availability starting in Nov (most of that is gone) and continuing from there.
I saw on the local news recently that there has been much confusion about wee-hours interviews at SFO. Some time ago, they opened up slots for when pretty much everyone is sleeping. Unfortunately, many people thought 3:30 meant mid-afternoon. Nope -- military time. Adding to the confusion is how they weren't using the proper format for military time (should be 03:30, not 3:30 if we're in the early morning).

So, be clear about your interview time at SFO, folks.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Accelerate your Global Entry Interview

If you're still waiting for an interview, I've created a service that can monitor the Global Entry website for you. When an earlier, open interview time appears, it will book automatically. This is a huge time saver since you don't have check the site daily. It pulled my interview in from May of 2017 to August of 2016. If you're willing to participate in a free early-adopter/testing program, please send me a direct email.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: TSA PreCheck, Global Entry
Appointment Time Format

Originally Posted by dhuey
I saw on the local news recently that there has been much confusion about wee-hours interviews at SFO. Some time ago, they opened up slots for when pretty much everyone is sleeping. Unfortunately, many people thought 3:30 meant mid-afternoon. Nope -- military time. Adding to the confusion is how they weren't using the proper format for military time (should be 03:30, not 3:30 if we're in the early morning).

When I picked an appointment time, the selection grid (for a calendar date) was in a 24 hour format. 15 minute intervals from left to right and hourly intervals from top to bottom. For instance the second line read: 0100 0115 0130 0145. Halfway down: 1200 1215 1230 1245.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by precheck
When I picked an appointment time, the selection grid (for a calendar date) was in a 24 hour format. 15 minute intervals from left to right and hourly intervals from top to bottom. For instance the second line read: 0100 0115 0130 0145. Halfway down: 1200 1215 1230 1245.
Thanks. Sounds like they changed it. This was on the local news 2-4 weeks ago.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by dhuey

Most people were not aware SFO interview office was open 24/7. Thus the confusion. People just assumed 3:00 meant 3 pm instead of 3 am even though 15:00 could also possibly be available.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:05 pm

Just wanted to share a success/luck story. I applied through GOES on 8/20, got conditional approval on 8/26. Had plans to fly out of LAX on 9/1. Spammed reload the day before my scheduled departure and got an appointment on 9/1 but for after my scheduled departure time.

Asked the office if they could squeeze me in, and they did so! Approved an hour later.

I'm not located in the US, so this was a HUGE win for me.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: UA: MM
What Happened to the Saturday Interviews at IAH?

Wife and son both got approved for GE within 8 days (yes, 8 days), I went to schedule them and got times on Saturday 9/3. We had a scheduling conflict with that day so I tried to rebook for the following Saturday. Nothing is there now and all the Saturdays look blocked out through October.

I really don't want to pull my son out of school for a weekday appointment so I'll keep checking but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had success for at Saturday appointment at IAH.

Also, I'm confused about the 30-day timeframe. Do you have 30 days to book the appointment or must if be within 30 days for the letter? They were conditionally approved on the 28th of August. October 10th is a school holiday here in Texas so I did book them for that day. BUT, it is obviously more than 30 days from the letter date. (I'm also concerned as it is a Federal holiday - would they accept and then cancel appointments?)

TIA
DLM
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO it's unlikely that appointments will be canceled.

Can you find an after school spot for your son?

Unless the rules have changed, which is unlikely, you must pick an appointment within thirty days, but the actual appointment, including any reschedulings can take place whenever.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO it's unlikely that appointments will be canceled.

Can you find an after school spot for your son?

Unless the rules have changed, which is unlikely, you must pick an appointment within thirty days, but the actual appointment, including any reschedulings can take place whenever.
Thought about after school but the latest they show is 4pm and we have to go through Houston so traffic makes that pretty much impossible. I'll keep checking for Saturday.

FWIW
DLM
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dmunz
Wife and son both got approved for GE within 8 days (yes, 8 days), I went to schedule them and got times on Saturday 9/3. We had a scheduling conflict with that day so I tried to rebook for the following Saturday. Nothing is there now and all the Saturdays look blocked out through October.

I really don't want to pull my son out of school for a weekday appointment so I'll keep checking but I thought I'd check to see if anyone has had success for at Saturday appointment at IAH.

Also, I'm confused about the 30-day timeframe. Do you have 30 days to book the appointment or must if be within 30 days for the letter? They were conditionally approved on the 28th of August. October 10th is a school holiday here in Texas so I did book them for that day. BUT, it is obviously more than 30 days from the letter date. (I'm also concerned as it is a Federal holiday - would they accept and then cancel appointments?)

TIA
DLM
Immigration and Customs don't get days off for holidays. People travel on holidays, thus they still have to be there at the airport. If it was a location in an office building then you might have an issue, but airports are staffed everyday. Also for IAH don't you need to be flying that day to get access? If I remember the office for GE is inside security by the E Terminal United Club. I know when I signed up and picked an appointment at IAH, it was noted that you must be traveling to get access to it. It's why IAH always had better availibilty for booking since you could only get an appointment on a day you were traveling at IAH.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 10:40 pm

Has anyone ever tried to arrange an appointment trade - try to reschedule the appointments in synchrony so you manage to swap times?

I have one for LAX this Friday 9/9 at 245 and can't make that time (will be on a plane heading there, but won't land until 5pm)

I realize you run the risk of somebody else looking at the same time and snagging the slot of whoever cancels first, but since I know I can't make my appointment, I'd be willing to risk it for a slot some time in the next month or so that I knew I could use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.