Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Just had three interviews at once (wife and two kids) on Saturday, 30 August, at MCO. It was great---quick and friendly. I had my interview there several years ago. Can't remember what day.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Thanks guys! I *finally* got through to them yesterday while I was at IAD. As I said in my post, I had business that took me all around NOVA/DC/MD, and I happened to stop at IAD to attempt a walk in. Needless to say, they were SWAMPED with people, and had posted in several places that they would not see walk-ins. Ironically, it was as I was waiting that the MCO people answered.

The gentleman on the phone said that the hours on the website were historical and because they don't always have the staff to process on weekends it is not listed. He stated that as long as I had a printed/confirmed appointment time for a Saturday, I would be fine. Leads me to believe that they may also not see walk-ins, but can't say for sure.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sperkins921
Thanks guys! I *finally* got through to them yesterday while I was at IAD. As I said in my post, I had business that took me all around NOVA/DC/MD, and I happened to stop at IAD to attempt a walk in. Needless to say, they were SWAMPED with people, and had posted in several places that they would not see walk-ins. Ironically, it was as I was waiting that the MCO people answered.

The gentleman on the phone said that the hours on the website were historical and because they don't always have the staff to process on weekends it is not listed. He stated that as long as I had a printed/confirmed appointment time for a Saturday, I would be fine. Leads me to believe that they may also not see walk-ins, but can't say for sure.
Great! Kind of figured and hoped that was the situation. No way to tell if they take walk-ins.....here it wouldn't have been a problem as my wife, who has a DoD generated KTN, actually had some questions about getting a GE card and whether or not she'd get another/different KTN. The agent had more than enough time to chat with her and answer her questions.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: GE/Nexus/APEC; EVA/SWA; Hilton; Avis
ATL was showing interviews on Labor day. Figured I wasn't going to take the chance on a federal holiday...
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:47 pm

NO walk-in Global Entry appts-JFK

Just so others don't go through the same experience as my husband and I did yesterday at JFK, let me give you an update on this situation. Because we both had conditional approvals, we had read that the JFK GE office was open 24/7 and that it was easy to do a walk-in. My husband had a 6:30 flight out of terminal 4, and we went in plenty of time with all documents. The earliest time I'd been able to schedule at the Customs House location in Manhattan was Oct 30. We have international travel Sept 29-Oct 16, and it made sense to get this taken care of. We signed in on the sheet, showing our arrival time...and no appt times (which we told the person), and we were directed to sit in the waiting room. We weren't surprised to see others taken ahead of us...but after 40 minutes, my husband checked the list and saw that our names were crossed off. We thought that might mean someone would call us soon? When we asked, after another 5 minutes, we were told they don't take walk-ins. I inquired why we weren't advised of this as soon as we got there, and we got the typical "not my problem" response. There was no supervisor available (of course not on a Sunday late afternoon). There were plenty of agents available; yet we were not seen. So I returned home on the Air Train...having wasted 4 hours on a beautiful afternoon. Perhaps other locations are more helpful and less bureaucratic...and maybe have more appointment times. We should have scheduled online--but thought to be courteous and not have to cancel last-minute since we weren't 100% sure we'd be able to make it to JFK in advance of my husband's flight to allow for the interviews. Now I'll be doing another Air Train r/t, WITH an appt. Sure hope the program itself is run in a more customer-friendly way.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pattyrung
Just so others don't go through the same experience as my husband and I did yesterday at JFK, let me give you an update on this situation. ... Sure hope the program itself is run in a more customer-friendly way.
Sorry about the bad experience. In fairness to CBP, they discourage walk-ins, especially at the busiest offices. I know some people get lucky, but scheduling an appointment really is the way to go if you want to waste the least amount of time.

Perhaps you can schedule an appointment for when your husband returns from his current trip, or schedule appointments for when you're at the airport for your Sept. 29 trip? Good luck.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:31 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Get some appt. scheduled, then regularly look for cancellations.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
I booked mine at ABQ, which was wide open. Arrived almost two hours early and I was seen immediately. It seems that smaller airports are your best bet if you can time it out.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:28 am

When I went to schedule my interview at Boston, I was looking at a four month wait. Was able to get in to JFK within a month, got approved no issues. So if you can pair it with travel to another location it can work well.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:09 am

I went to the BOS office on 9/25. There were 4 people waiting outside the office (they all had appointments). The office staff of 2 were very busy, did not want to entertain any questions, and would not take me as a walk in. The guy was pretty rude, and seemed like he gets hassled by a lot of traffic who attempts to do a walk in.

Another gal was there who was late for her appointment (by 2 hours), and he basically told her tough luck, and would not instruct her on what to do next. She was very distraught as she had made the appointment so far in advance and pretty much messed up by coming late.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:45 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
No GE Appointments at CLT Available?

I have an appointment at CLT this Friday for my GE interview. I looked last week to see if I could move the appointment up an hour and the website showed no appointments at all were available. Meanwhile, my brother was approved for GE today and he found the same thing.

I've never seen "No Appointments Available" for a location before, any idea what it means?

Last edited by CMK10; Apr 20, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: TSA TSO
Originally Posted by CMK10
I have an appointment at CLT this Friday for my GE interview. I looked last week to see if I could move the appointment up an hour and the website showed no appointments at all were available. Meanwhile, my brother was approved for GE today and he found the same thing.

I've never seen "No Appointments Available" for a location before, any idea what it means?
Booked solid for that hour perhaps?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LoganTSO
Booked solid for that hour perhaps?
No I mean it shows none at all for the foreseeable future:

Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Here at the SAT GE office it happens all the time. One day there'll be none and you get the same message you've pasted then the next day a whole month's worth will show as available. I think I started out with no appointments listed then a few several weeks out and finally a number just a week away. My wife decided to enroll a couple of months later and went through pretty much the same drill. We followed the recommendations here and just kept checking and actually got our interviews done within a couple of weeks of our conditional approvals.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by CMK10
No I mean it shows none at all for the foreseeable future:

Do you know that they are doing interviews at RDU 5/18-5/21?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.