Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by jrsinpdx
Can someone tell me the difference between "Charlotte Douglas Airport - Downstairs location" and "Charlotte Douglas Airport" when booking a GE interview?

TIA
Question for you... just got pre-approval and ready to schedule an interview, but CLT literally says "no availability" and nothing else, no calendar or anything. This is different than some of the other locations where they will book out to June, August, etc. I was expecting to have to wait "months", but was hoping I could schedule something in April/May/June since I have such a rigid schedule I need to know well in advance in order to take a day off.

I haven't seen anything about them "stopping" interviews.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by el aye
Question for you... just got pre-approval and ready to schedule an interview, but CLT literally says "no availability" and nothing else, no calendar or anything. This is different than some of the other locations where they will book out to June, August, etc. I was expecting to have to wait "months", but was hoping I could schedule something in April/May/June since I have such a rigid schedule I need to know well in advance in order to take a day off.

I haven't seen anything about them "stopping" interviews.
Most places take walk ins. The interview is real quick. You should schedule your appt but then call the location nearest you to see if they accept walk ins. If you leave a message, they normally return your phone call a day later.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by c2briggs1
Most places take walk ins. The interview is real quick. You should schedule your appt but then call the location nearest you to see if they accept walk ins. If you leave a message, they normally return your phone call a day later.
I would love to schedule an appt if the CLT location would let me I will call them and see.

You are required to schedule your interview within 120 days now, correct (not necessarily have it completed within 120, just scheduled)? I think initially it was 30 days 4-5 years ago.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:50 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note:

Originally Posted by c2briggs1
Please continue any discussion of Walk-in interviews in the following thread:
There is only one report of an attempted walk-in interview at CLT in the wikipost; it was back in July 2016 and was not successful.

Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:20 pm

LAX

some early March appointment slots just opened at LAX, normally out to end of June.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by squeakr
It's totally worth it to check for cancellations– Even once a week can usually turn up an appointment before too long.
I agree. Keep looking daily for appointment cancellations. I did that and was able to reschedule twice. I had to cancel one due to last minute travel.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 11:07 am

Any recent experiences at the US Customs House location in NYC? It's showing as no availability...
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Grand Portage and MIA are both still wide open for those interested.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by cosmith
Any recent experiences at the US Customs House location in NYC? It's showing as no availability...
It's open up now again, but the earliest available slots, cancellations aside, are in July. Slots at JFK seem to be open from mid-May.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Gold
same here.. i rescheduled twice last sept at EWR after checking almost every day! i was flying to korea in early oct and got lucky to get it before i took off!

Originally Posted by Lita74
I agree. Keep looking daily for appointment cancellations. I did that and was able to reschedule twice. I had to cancel one due to last minute travel.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Global Entry interview timing

From what I can gather, you need to pay and if accepted schedule an interview within a certain period of time.

I'll only be in the the States for two weeks in September, Denver (no walkins) and wouldn't want to pay and then find out there isn't any availability.

The websites don't answer this question, and when I emailed the message said it would take 2-3 weeks to answer.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
From what I can gather, you need to pay and if accepted schedule an interview within a certain period of time.

I'll only be in the the States for two weeks in September, Denver (no walkins) and wouldn't want to pay and then find out there isn't any availability.

The websites don't answer this question, and when I emailed the message said it would take 2-3 weeks to answer.
Once you have your conditional approval, you can search for an interview date. If it is not acceptable, then log in several times a day, within two weeks, you should be able to find something acceptable. Best time to search is when Denver GE office is open, local time. September is 6 months away.

Denver International Airport (DEN)
Address: 8400 Pena Blvd
Denver, CO 80249
Hours of Operation: 10:00AM - 6:00PM, Monday - Friday
Contact Information: (303) 342-7400
DEN - Denver International Airport - Jeppesen Terminal, next to International Arrivals

Yes [5m] (5/31/2016 4:30pm w/ family member who had an appointment)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

When I used the web form to send a question, I got the response about 2-3 weeks to answer. The answer came in two days.

As 1KChinito said, you get to schedule your interview and your window is over five months away. No guarantees, but I would expect that you could make it work.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by serpens
When I used the web form to send a question, I got the response about 2-3 weeks to answer. The answer came in two days.

As 1KChinito said, you get to schedule your interview and your window is over five months away. No guarantees, but I would expect that you could make it work.
I tried calling the Denver number during working hours but just got recordings, no live options.

I gather need to schedule within 30 days once the conditional approval goes through. I not sure how far in advance that can be. Some people are saying nine months. Most much less.

It would be nice to be able to see the schedule before paying the fee.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:02 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I gather need to schedule within 30 days once the conditional approval goes through. I not sure how far in advance that can be. Some people are saying nine months. Most much less.
The appointment can be rescheduled as many time as you need or want.
However, do not cancel an interview without immediately rescheduling another (Global Entry application cancelled due to elapsed time).

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 31, 2017 at 9:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.