Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:08 am

Portland OR with TONS of new availability

Just this evening (as in 10 minutes ago, 11pm Sunday night) Portland OR just opened tons of new availability for appointments in November and December. They were previously booked out until next June, so this is great news for the pacific northwest. Just rescheduled my husband's apt to next week instead of the end of may.

FYI when I was there for my interview two weeks ago the officer said they only have one staff member interviewing and only a few hours a day. Looks like they finally added more staff and posted more times (he said this was likely coming).

Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: Start Alliance, Skyteam
IAH outside security has interview available almost for all November and December.
I got approved today and was able scheduled the interview for tomorrow.
I glanced over at the IAH location inside security where Boarding pass is required, they have some open spots for November and December.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
You mean they actually cancelled existing appointments? Glad I switched off of a weekend there
Yeah they cancelled all the weekend appointments saying it was a computer mistake as they don't open on weekends. But Long Beach is better and closer. So it all worked out... unless they cancel... haha....
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: Start Alliance, Skyteam
Originally Posted by Guaro
IAH outside security has interview available almost for all November and December.
I got approved today and was able scheduled the interview for tomorrow.
I glanced over at the IAH location inside security where Boarding pass is required, they have some open spots for November and December.
I just got back from my appintment at IAH Terminal E and received approval email 30 mins afterwards.

Overall excellent and very pleasant experience at IAH Terminal E. They will roll call in groups of 4 and they explain to the group how the Machine works and then proceed to the interview. They have about 4-5 officers interviewing and interview only lasts about 5-10 minutes at most.
They have the most availability for appointments since most places are fully booked.
PS
You might get lucky by trying to do an "early" walk in with prior appointment.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:42 am

MIA Interview

We live in Tampa. After getting conditional approval I checked wait times for TPA and the appointments were months away.

Decided to connect in MIA enroute to SXM to do our global entry interview. Lots of open appointments.

Walked over to their office which was a little hard to locate. Small door on left side across from Lufthansa, Terminal J.

We were the only two there and went to different agents. Just a few basic questions and approved.

I asked when I'd get email approval. They hit buttons and said you are good.

Used GE enroute back to US (CLT). FABULOUS...There was a very long line which we just bypassed. Followed instructions on the machine, showed it to person there and we were done. Since we had no carry-ons there was no need to wait for luggage.

Just gave our slip to another person and that was it.

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out how to do this interview, etc.

PS They did give us a form to fill out for customs on the plane, but since these questions were on the GE machine, they weren't needed.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by bmjabber2
PS They did give us a form to fill out for customs on the plane, but since these questions were on the GE machine, they weren't needed.
I usually fill out the paper customs form - just in case. Occasionally, the GE machines aren't working, and a customs form is required. Easier to fill one out and not need it, than scramble to fill one out in a customs hall filled with 200+ others in the same boat.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
I had no idea these appointments were so hard to get. I received my conditional approval today and the first open date for interview is in May! Since I have nothing better to due i may just show up on Christmas (one would think this would be a day with openings) and see if I can be seen as a walk in at the Nashville location.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Up date to my post above. As others have mentioned doing be sure to check back for interview times several times during hours they are open to find an eariler appointment time. I did and it worked. I now have my interview in 2 weeks instead of May
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:46 am

Does anyone know the current wait for a Global Entry interview at CLT?

Trying to decide between getting TSA Precheck or Global Entry. I would prefer Global Entry but I heard there can be a wait of months, and I would like to use the TSA Precheck part a few times in the next few months. I also do not travel internationally much, so if the wait is over 4 months, I might just get the precheck.

I am a little annoyed you have to pay the fee to see the interview availability.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:04 am

Any idea for DFW airport appt availability - submitted my application on yesterday, waiting for pre-approval now. I'd prefer weekend rather than weekday. But I guess most weekends would be booked.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by johndoes
Any idea for DFW airport appt availability - submitted my application on yesterday, waiting for pre-approval now. I'd prefer weekend rather than weekday. But I guess most weekends would be booked.
Seeing 7 Feb for DFW currently. Your lucky. This nothing for a wait.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:47 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Thanks for update.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:20 pm

Is there a way to view interview times while waiting for my conditional approval? I know I can't schedule anything until then, just curious to see what kind of waits I'm facing.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
San Francisco

Got approval for my infant today and the first available appontment is in July which is two months after scheduled travel in May.

Is there any way to expedite an appointment or is there any other options in Bay Area?

Can I just walk-in?

Last edited by navatwal; Jan 10, 2017 at 3:45 pm
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Mind checking to see what kind of wait I'm in for at STL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.