Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Denial and Recourse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Denial and Recourse

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Hello @AceM,

I merged your question into the Global Entry Denial Recourse thread where there are several dozen posts discussing FOIA requests.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:01 pm

So no one has responded that if you've had a denial based on the incomplete application reason, can you re apply assuming you have all the correct information and get approved? I left out an arrest (nearly 30 yrs ago) but disclosed to the interviewing agent. Is there a time limit?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:40 pm

Probably Denied

Here’s one I’ve never seen. Believe I’ll be denied, based on the conversation I had with the agent, because my brother in law who lives with my wife and I has had some federal legal issues. I believe I’m being denied because officer told me to expect letter in two weeks.

My wife had her interview 15 minutes after mine with another CBP office in the same airport and despite her brother being the one in federal trouble was approved.

Will I have a reason to appeal or will I end up getting my wife’s approval denied?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:16 pm

I just got denied for Global Entry at SEA because I admitted to using recreational marijuana about once a month. The officer said it was an automatic denial and that I should try to go through reconsideration through the Ombudsman. I have a clean record. Has anyone ever been in this situation and have any tips? Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Rwb723
Here’s one I’ve never seen. Believe I’ll be denied, based on the conversation I had with the agent, because my brother in law who lives with my wife and I has had some federal legal issues. I believe I’m being denied because officer told me to expect letter in two weeks.

My wife had her interview 15 minutes after mine with another CBP office in the same airport and despite her brother being the one in federal trouble was approved.

Will I have a reason to appeal or will I end up getting my wife’s approval denied?
Update... haven’t received letter in the mail yet but did get a status change.... Denied.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 3, 2019 at 7:20 pm Reason: Fix BB Code
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: EY
Ridiculous. Appeal to the Ombudsman. Be polite, but direct, pointing out that your brother in laws issues aren't a reflection of you, and pointing out that your wife was approved, and that you two travel together, so having GE for both of you would make it easier for CBP and you. Refer to your unblemished criminal and crossing histories.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Rwb723

Is there a possibility that you somehow were a named "associate" of your BIL in his legal issues? That could be the reason for the denial.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Is there a possibility that you somehow were a named "associate" of your BIL in his legal issues? That could be the reason for the denial.
Oh heck no. He had a job doing some things frowned upon and absolutely had no connection to my household other than living here AFTER his issues with the authorities began. I’m waiting for the letter as the trusted traveler site says nothing other than Denied.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:15 pm

Approved and then denied

I had my interview for global entry two days ago. The officer told that I am approved, explained the process on how to use the global entry during travel, gave me the approval paper. But today, I received an email saying I was denied, reason for denial was not listed. What’s next?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by juliabs
I had my interview for global entry two days ago. The officer told that I am approved, explained the process on how to use the global entry during travel, gave me the approval paper. But today, I received an email saying I was denied, reason for denial was not listed. What’s next?
Welcome to Flyertalk!

There have been previous reports of FTers walking away from the interview thinking all is well, but ending with a denial. Recommend you file an appeal, but not a lot of success stories reported back.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Welcome to Flyertalk!

There have been previous reports of FTers walking away from the interview thinking all is well, but ending with a denial. Recommend you file an appeal, but not a lot of success stories reported back.
Will I get a denial letter in the mail? I do not see an explanation why I was denied. The thing is I was not thinking, she gave me the note “congratulations on your interview. You will receive an email showing you global entry status has changed to Approved..”.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by juliabs
Will I get a denial letter in the mail? I do not see an explanation why I was denied. The thing is I was not thinking, she gave me the note “congratulations on your interview. You will receive an email showing you global entry status has changed to Approved..”.
Call the location that you interviewed at. It's possible the agent clicked the wrong button.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Call the location that you interviewed at. It's possible the agent clicked the wrong button.
thank you for the advise! I am going on the business trip in one day and plan to stop by at the interview location.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The front line Officer does not have the authority to approve. He only makes a recommendation which is largely approved by a supervisor elsewhere. But, there are numerous reports of people who have been told that they were approved and were then disapproved in the post-interview process.

Would be far better if the front line Officer made clear that he is only recommending approval.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Often1
The front line Officer does not have the authority to approve. He only makes a recommendation which is largely approved by a supervisor elsewhere. But, there are numerous reports of people who have been told that they were approved and were then disapproved in the post-interview process.

Would be far better if the front line Officer made clear that he is only recommending approval.
The front line officer can approve. However in certain situations the officer is just supposed to gather information and it is forwarded onward for approval. If the front line officer couldn't approve, people wouldn't see their status change from Conditional to Approved while still in office. There would always need to be a wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.