Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Denial and Recourse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Denial and Recourse

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2024, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Had a weird denial come through for my wife.
She's a Green Card holder, with no previous immigration or customs concerns. No criminal history. Travel is mostly between the US and her home country for a couple months at a time.

She was conditionally approved after many months, did the interview on arrival at SFO, and all seemed good.
Logged in today and her GE was denied! Obviously will write to the Ombudsman, but never expected such an opaque denial.

We regret to inform you that your membership in Global Entry has been disapproved for the following reason(s):
Other
You do not meet TTP strict standards.
The only data point that I can come up with is when we applied, my wife's address/DL was in a different state than what she stated during her interview-on-arrival. But this must be expected if they're taking months and months to conditionally approve?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Have a look at my post above - it sounds like CBP have not yet implemented the GAO recommendation about signposting recourse and additional information? The full GAO report (a link from the blog I mentioned there) with more info is at: https://www.gao.gov/assets/d24106314.pdf
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Had a weird denial come through for my wife.
She's a Green Card holder, with no previous immigration or customs concerns. No criminal history. Travel is mostly between the US and her home country for a couple months at a time.

She was conditionally approved after many months, did the interview on arrival at SFO, and all seemed good.
Logged in today and her GE was denied! Obviously will write to the Ombudsman, but never expected such an opaque denial.

The only data point that I can come up with is when we applied, my wife's address/DL was in a different state than what she stated during her interview-on-arrival. But this must be expected if they're taking months and months to conditionally approve?
I just received a denial after having been approved and renewed since the program's inception. The reason given was just as opaque: "You do not meet TTP Requirements." What am I supposed to do with that?! In any event, they clearly haven’t implemented the GAO’s recommendations yet. Sigh...
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by strummerjones; Mar 14, 2024 at 4:33 pm
Old Apr 16, 2024, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver
Okay - so I finally got an update for my mom's GE application after about 11 months of waiting. Apparently she was denied because she accidentally misselected her gender on the GE application form. Is there a way to request CBP to correct and reconsider? There is no "appeal" or "reconsider" option in the TTP portal. Anyone have any ideas on how to appeal? Does she have to submit a new application or is there still hope to talk to the CBP Ombudsman? Is there a way to reach the Ombudsman if there's no recourse or reconsider option in the TTP portal?
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Vader11
Apparently she was denied because she accidentally misselected her gender on the GE application form. Is there a way to request CBP to correct and reconsider?
Likely the most expedient resolution is to reapply, eating the previous application fee. However, considering that it's 2024 and a government form, there might be an option for a gender change, but the only appeal to a denial would be through the ombudsman.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.