Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by hisoka
So, my 730 grace period for the scheduling of an interview is up in about 30 days. Has anyone hit their 730 days yet? I submitted a support ticket and all they said they could do was "notate my account". Given that its impossible to schedule an interview either in person or online right now, Im wondering what happens when I hit the time limit for scheduling...
Same issue. What does notating the account do?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
My wife had a name change that we finally got updated last month. She renewed her NEXUS membership and was approved in about 2 days. Does anyone know if they send out new cards after renewals? Or should we just request a replacement card (on account of the name change)?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by BThumme
My wife had a name change that we finally got updated last month. She renewed her NEXUS membership and was approved in about 2 days. Does anyone know if they send out new cards after renewals? Or should we just request a replacement card (on account of the name change)?
A new card will be mailed within approx 10 days. Don't forget to use the TTP website to activate the new card upon receipt.
BThumme likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by BThumme
Sorry for going off topic here, but how did you manage get the name change done with the NEXUS enrollment centres closed - was a GE Enrollment Centre able to do it for you?

Wife is due for a renewal this year but needs the name change done first.

Last edited by CorSter; Jun 28, 2021 at 9:03 am
Old Jul 6, 2021, 11:52 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
FWIW it appears that validity is now extended 24 months beyond expiry if renewal is in process, as I saw this notice when I went in to renew NEXUS in GOES today:

Just sent out my renewal application today and got the same message. Fingers crossed!
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by seawolf
It is on TTP if you have a renewal in progress.
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
FWIW it appears that validity is now extended 24 months beyond expiry if renewal is in process, as I saw this notice when I went in to renew NEXUS in GOES today:

Mine is showing the same thing. I applied for renewal over six months ago and the application is still pending conditional approval. Wish I knew why it's taking so long.

Originally Posted by CorSter
Sorry for going off topic here, but how did you manage get the name change done with the NEXUS enrollment centres closed - was a GE Enrollment Centre able to do it for you?

Wife is due for a renewal this year but needs the name change done first.
I changed my name slightly (dropped my middle name) when I became a US citizen earlier this year. That was after I submitted my renewal application; however, I still don't have conditional approval.

I intend to bring evidence of my name change with me to my next interview, whenever that is.

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
I’m conditionally approved for my renewal and waiting for an interview. I got a new passport a few months ago, and I stopped by the office when I was at the airport and they were able to update my account with the new passport information. Question, my membership expires on Tuesday, will the website reflect the two year grace period While I wait for an interview? The website still shows next Tuesday as my expiration date.
Mine shows as active, even though it still shows the original expiration date, which is now in the past. The expiration date is seemingly not updated to reflect the grace period.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 8, 2021 at 1:51 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
My Nexus is expiring in June 2022, so I applied for renewal on July 9 (last Friday).

Today, July 13, it's showing approved and no interview needed.

I'm shocked. I was expecting it to take many, many months, not over-the-weekend plus 1 business day!

DualityOfNam likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Jan 2021 Submitted renewal application
Feb 2021 Passport expired
13 July 2021 Approved, no interview required
Edited profile reflecting new passport
TWA884 likes this.

Last edited by 1KChinito; Jul 13, 2021 at 8:07 pm
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: Starbucks and MVP Gold
US passport is expired and in the renewal queue.
NEXUS expires August 2021.

The TTP website won't let me proceed with NEXUS renewal with an expired passport. Am I out of luck?

Also separately, of you can renew NEXUS can you cross the border with an expired card (given the 24-month extension?)
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Kuchingite

The TTP website won't let me proceed with NEXUS renewal with an expired passport. Am I out of luck?

Also separately, of you can renew NEXUS can you cross the border with an expired card (given the 24-month extension?)
Yes, you can cross the border with an expired card within the grace period. The extension would be meaningless otherwise. However, I would presume you CANNOT cross the border without a valid travel document (ie. a NON-expired passport) tied to your NEXUS card.

I don't know the answer to your passport question. I am pretty sure you would need to renew the passport first, but once you do, I don't know if it lets you update the passport online or if a Global Entry location has access to update it. NEXUS locations are closed for the time being.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Kuchingite

Originally Posted by txviking
Yes, you can cross the border with an expired card within the grace period. The extension would be meaningless otherwise. However, I would presume you CANNOT cross the border without a valid travel document (ie. a NON-expired passport) tied to your NEXUS card.

I don't know the answer to your passport question. I am pretty sure you would need to renew the passport first, but once you do, I don't know if it lets you update the passport online or if a Global Entry location has access to update it. NEXUS locations are closed for the time being.
If a Nexus membership has a renewal application pending, yes, there is a grace period where the original Nexus membership is still valid. Is there an automatic grace period for a Nexus membership that has simply expired without being renewed? The original poster says they were unable to submit a Nexus renewal as the associated passport has expired.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
If a Nexus membership has a renewal application pending, yes, there is a grace period where the original Nexus membership is still valid. Is there an automatic grace period for a Nexus membership that has simply expired without being renewed? The original poster says they were unable to submit a Nexus renewal as the associated passport has expired.
No grace period for that afaik, no.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Jan 2021 Submitted renewal application
Feb 2021 Passport expired
13 July 2021 Approved, no interview required
Edited profile reflecting new passport
19 July 2021 New card received
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:47 am

Applied for 2nd (10 year) renewal July 2021.
Conditionally approved July 2021 about 1 week later. Interview required.
I have options for in person and online interview.
Appointment Type:
In-Person
Remote
(This option will allow applicants to interview through the video calling application Zoom. Remote interviews conducted through Zoom will require an applicant to have a Zoom compatible device with a functioning camera to participate.)
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by simchi
Applied for 2nd (10 year) renewal July 2021.
Conditionally approved July 2021 about 1 week later. Interview required.
I have options for in person and online interview.
That is great to know Zoom interview is now available for NEXUS also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.