Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:56 am

Applied to renew 26th Sept, got approval today. No interview required.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I applied in late February 2021 for my first renewal of my mid June 2021 expiring NEXUS.

I received an e-mail notification of approval yesterday, October 8, 2021, so more than 7 months after applying for renewal. No renewal interview. The online letter says my NEXUS will become active again when I get my new card and activate it, but that I can use the Global Entry kiosks immediately. The online letter was addressed from the Vancouver Enrollment Center in Richmond, BC. I had originally interviewed for NEXUS in YVR airport in November, 2015, so my original card was good for more than 5 1/2 years.

I'm not sure if my application status was ever "conditionally approved" but I don't think so as I never got an e-mail to that effect. I recall checking my status online once and it said "pending."

I haven't traveled since March 2020. Prior travel included Asia, S. America, Canada, and the Middle East.

I assume my new card will have the same number as my old card. I also have an APEC card which I was able to renew last July without a new interview. Interestingly, my new APEC card photo is from my NEXUS interview in YVR in 2015 and not from my APEC interview later in 2015, which I did in ABQ.

I will check my mailbox diligently the next couple of weeks in anticipation of my new card arriving.
Walking likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
How often are people being called for an interview for a second renewal (after 10 years of nexus)?

I went to go renew my card, and it says an interview is required. I live in So Cal away from the Canadian border. I got it when I traveled to Canada a bunch for work. May just apply for Global Entry.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I received my new Nexus card today, 8 days after receiving an e-mail of application approval. It came from Washington D.C.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan75K, BASilver
My card expired in March 2021. I only applied for my renewal in august. I received conditional approval early October, however as pointed out here, CBSA has suspended interviews. Does anyone have any idea when it is expected to resume? Is there any chance that they will issue the card without interviews?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by smangalam
I received conditional approval early October. ... Is there any chance that they will issue the card without interviews?
No
Old Oct 16, 2021, 9:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mnbp
No
Several years ago there were some data points of conditional interviews automatically turning into fully approved due to interview backlog. It could happen again.
mnbp likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
I’ve been conditionally approved since March 2020 and status hasn’t changed even though I lost the precheck benefit and now my global entry said expired as of last month even though my TTP says I have until March 2022 to get interview.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:11 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
I’ve been conditionally approved since March 2020 and status hasn’t changed even though I lost the precheck benefit and now my global entry said expired as of last month even though my TTP says I have until March 2022 to get interview.
According to this post in the Deadline to Complete Enrollment Interviews Extended due to COVID-19 [Updated - 2 Yrs] thread, the grace period for receiving NEXUS and Global benefits has been extended to correlate with the deadline to complete the renewal enrollment interview:
Originally Posted by txviking
Originally Posted by txviking
Yep, I saw that. Looks like their backlog has grown worse. I'm a bit worried that I don't have conditional approval yet, and I am not sure if I can use it until I get to a NEXUS office to update my citizenship (I've become a US citizen, but still retain my original Norwegian citizenship.)

But I suppose it doesn't matter at the moment, since the border with Canada is currently closed for most travelers, as are all the NEXUS offices. I'll need to wait for those to reopen before I can do any travel to Canada with or without NEXUS.
The status is unchanged, but the grace period appears to have grown again:

Due to a significant increase in application volume, we are extending the grace period from 18 months to 24 months for any submitted renewal application. This means you will continue to receive full benefits for 24 months while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing your renewal application.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by fliestoomuch310
How often are people being called for an interview for a second renewal (after 10 years of nexus)?

I went to go renew my card, and it says an interview is required. I live in So Cal away from the Canadian border. I got it when I traveled to Canada a bunch for work. May just apply for Global Entry.
I got my first renewal with no interview. Applied for a second renewal (post 10-years, same as you) and got conditional approval pending an interview. I'm not as far away as you, and expect to be traveling again from work. So I will hold out a while, I still have >1 year before the conditional approval expires. We shall see...
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:36 am

Finally got my renewal approved (applied in April). Now the wait for a new card....
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Applied to renew 26th Sept, got approval today (Oct 8th). No interview required.

New card arrived today.

Last edited by Bogwoppit; Oct 24, 2021 at 7:17 pm
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:33 am

I just received full approval for my second renewal (10 years in the program). Applied for renewal on 9/22, full approval granted today, 10/22, one month to the day after my application.

No interview was required. Will post when I receive the new card.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by zephyr17
I just received full approval for my second renewal (10 years in the program). Applied for renewal on 9/22, full approval granted today, 10/22, one month to the day after my application.

No interview was required. Will post when I receive the new card.
Thank you for sharing.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:32 am

Applied for renewal March 28, card expired in mid-september, full approval granted 10/22 without an interview.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.