Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
I hope to have the same luck as you. Mine expires in June 2022 as well and I applied for renewal yesterday.

How many countries did you travel to since your last application? I traveled to 5 so on the lower end of the count spectrum.

Was this your first renewal? And are you a Canadian, American or both?
Canadian. Only about a half-dozen countries visited in the last 4 years, so also probably on the low end.

No, this was my third renewal. I've only ever had the original interview, and all of my renewals went like this. I'm very surprised they aren't at least asking me to come in for a more current photo. The new card arrived in the mail, about a week after the approval.

I have no idea what behaviour triggers a request for an interview or further investigation, but I'm happy I've not tripped it yet!
DualityOfNam likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
I suspect no-interview renewal is at least partially a function of which countries you visited rather than the number itself.
txviking likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by ramcm7
I suspect no-interview renewal is at least partially a function of which countries you visited rather than the number itself.
And increasingly due to the pandemic and shutdowns. Hard to conduct an interview for Nexus if enrollment centers are closed for over a year. Hoping I won't have to schlep to the border just for an interview.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:44 am

Wife did a name change on her Nexus account Wednesday Morning. Applied for renewal on Wednesday Afternoon. Approved this morning. Canadian citizen.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by CorSter
Wife did a name change on her Nexus account Wednesday Morning. Applied for renewal on Wednesday Afternoon. Approved this morning. Canadian citizen.
That's amazing, wow. A 36-hour turnaround. First renewal? Number of countries visited?

These are all encouraging data points.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
That's amazing, wow. A 36-hour turnaround. First renewal? Number of countries visited?

These are all encouraging data points.
First renewal. Reported visiting three EU countries and probably a half dozen Caribbean islands.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by CorSter
First renewal. Reported visiting three EU countries and probably a half dozen Caribbean islands.
That's cool. Thanks for the info. Mine is also first renewal and I have fewer countries than your wife does but at least one of them is of the questionable variety. Hopefully it's not an issue.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott, Delta, American
1st Renewal (Card expires early September 2021)
-Applied for renewal 7/21/21
-Conditionally Approved 7/30/21
-Interview Required, which I expected given my work/addr/travel history over the last 5 year haha (no zoom or in-person slots available) -15 countries visited; of those visited I think Israel, Brazil, Serbia, and Montenegro could be 'flagged'
-10 permanent addresses, 9 in US, 1 in Canada
-9 job plus 2 periods of unemployment

Seems like no one is able to schedule an interview right now. I'm curious to when they'll open them back up. I will do zoom if offered, but if not, hopefully Detroit will have slots, if not will hopefully schedule during a long weekend to Montreal at YUL. I hope that after my card's expiration date that my PreCheck benefit still works and that the Global Entry does too; not really planning much int'l travel because things are still so up in the air, but would be nice to go to Tulum or take a few transborder trips to Montreal over the next year.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by gallo1801
-Interview Required, which I expected given my work/addr/travel history over the last 5 year haha (no zoom or in-person slots available) -15 countries visited; of those visited I think Israel, Brazil, Serbia, and Montenegro could be 'flagged'

Seems like no one is able to schedule an interview right now. I'm curious to when they'll open them back up. I will do zoom if offered, but if not, hopefully Detroit will have slots, if not will hopefully schedule during a long weekend to Montreal at YUL. I hope that after my card's expiration date that my PreCheck benefit still works and that the Global Entry does too; not really planning much int'l travel because things are still so up in the air, but would be nice to go to Tulum or take a few transborder trips to Montreal over the next year.
Those countries aren’t exactly high-risk but who knows what triggers the interview requirement.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott, Delta, American
Yeah, they're not high risk in my opinion, but who knows. Other countries were def not the trigger. Prob just the sheer number of jobs and places i've lived.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Submitted my renewal on Jan. 25. Still waiting on conditional approval. I'm actually getting used to regular security again without precheck
Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Submitted my renewal on Jan. 25. Still waiting on conditional approval. I'm actually getting used to regular security again without precheck
Was renewal before expiry?

Also, does anyone know how often DHS updates the website? Applied for renewal a year before expiry and three weeks later still under review.

No address changes, Caribbean countries and Canada visited.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eiloo
Was renewal before expiry
After expiry. I was living in NY at the time the former administration barred NY state residents from enrolling/renewing their TTP memberships which compounded my issues.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by gallo1801

Interviews are a bit of hassle but nothing like waiting months or longer for conditional approval. I don't think your list of visited countries is the issue. It's likely the moving 10 times in 5 years and holding 9 different jobs that is the trigger. And how did you pull off a permanent address in Canada? Are you a dual citizen?

Still, if it took only 9 days for a profile like yours to get conditional approval, I'm quite optimistic now. I've had the same address and job for a very long time.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by eiloo
Also, does anyone know how often DHS updates the website? Applied for renewal a year before expiry and three weeks later still under review.
I suspect it's not wholesale website update but individual application updates, as the status changes. But it's a gobement site so anything is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.