Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by salahsx
That sucks, yes the KTN on your GE is no longer valid but you can always apply for TSA PreCheck.
Perfect that's what I figured. Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by mikeef
Well, it gets increasingly interesting. Recently hopped across the land border from Vermont into Canada with some friends. On the way back, the CBP Agent ran my passport and then asked me if I had ever had any trouble going across the border. No? Never? Come with us, we have a few questions.

After which, I spent 2 hours inside the little CBP hut while my family waited in the car. Yes, we talked about my revoked GE earlier this year. They spent the time asking me about my past travel, including a trip in 2019 to Singapore/Thailand to go to my brother-in-law's wedding (Later, they tried to trip me up by asking about my brother's wedding and I quickly corrected them.). Went through my phone and looked at all the pictures of my kids and whatever else happened to be on there. Asked me more questions about where I'm from, where I've lived, etc.

Nobody would tell me why I had been pulled aside and I'm not sure whether the fact that I'm the single most boring human being on the face of the Earth made it better or worse.

And ultimately, they just let me go. They told me that my passport had been flagged, but that it didn't say why. I don't believe that latter part, but whatever. On the plus side, the CBP agent did say that this should clear up whatever caused my GE to be revoked.

So on to the next thing.

Mike

ETA: Needless to say, my Congressman's office was not able to do anything for me.
just an FYI if youre a US citizen u dont need to give up your phone well at least the code. they will literally go through all your texts and something can be a joke that they'll take seriously
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec. Plat; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by salahsx
This is very interesting, I feel like they might have a system that flags some travelers to some Asian countries such as Thailand hopefully they were satisfied with this interview and you can get back your GE.
What's the significance of Asian countries and Thailand specifically? I can think of other regions that would be a whole lot more concerning.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:00 pm

I got Global Entry in 2016 after appeal due to multiple misdemeanor conviction in the 1980s. In June I paid the renewal fee and received approval notification. Last week my GE didn't work at JFK. Upon checking my account on the website I was suprised that in July my GE was revoked! The only reason given was "You do not meet program eligibility requirements". I have had no legal problems since the early 1980s. I did an appeal online but last time that took months.

ETA: Back in 2013-2014 I deposited about $1M in money orders to TD Bank thanks to the Suntrust Delta debit card. Eventually TD Bank closed every account I was associated with, including my elderly parents and minor childrren. They never gave me a reason but said "by law we aren't allowed to tell you". That convinced me it was suspected money laundering even though the branch knew what I was doing and thought it was brilliant. Perhaps Homeland Security in now crosschecking naughty lists and that's why my GE was revoked.

Last edited by Schutzee; Mar 14, 2023 at 1:04 pm Reason: add details
Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by Jerkstore
Well my global entry was revoked today. Does that mean my connected TSA PreCheck is revoked as well?
Just a data point: if you're crazy ex-fiancee gets a temporary restraining order against you, it will cause your global entry to be revoked. But don't feel too bad, it'll get reinstated once the order is dismissed (if you get a permanent order, my guess is it will stay revoked).
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:25 pm

global entry revoked for multiple family members

i received an email a few days ago saying my status has changed in regards to global entry. I logged in and saw that my global entry had been revoked. Same with my wife and 4 minor children. At the same exact time my brother, his wife, and two children and my father all had the same status change.. any idea ... is going on. We appealed on the website but have no idea what to say since we dont know why they revoked it.. any idea of how we can get this resolved? i applied again immediately but not holding my breath. Extremely upset and wondering if anyone had this happen and if they were able to get it resolved?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:47 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Last fall a friend and his family, plus another family, crossed the border from Canada spread across two cars. Both cars had a bunch of agricultural products they couldn’t bring in, didn’t declare this, got stopped and searched. Both families, including a couple of members at the same addresses who were not on the trip, got their GE (Nexus actually) revoked. Deservedly so in this case, so not able to get Nexus/GE back.

Have yours and your brothers’ family traveled together recently? Any recent immigration or border crossing issues? Lots of reasons GE can get revoked, but haven’t heard or household or family bans without some connecting reason.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 6:48 am

has anybody successfully gotten their global entry back? I was born in the USA but my parents are from a muslim country and i'm thinking that has something to do with it. Very frustrating. I just applied for TSA pre check; wonder if i'll get approved for that
Old Feb 26, 2023, 1:08 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by omaralt
has anybody successfully gotten their global entry back? I was born in the USA but my parents are from a muslim country and i'm thinking that has something to do with it. Very frustrating. I just applied for TSA pre check; wonder if i'll get approved for that
There have been rare reports of GE reinstatement after appeals. Good luck. Start by reading this thread in detail.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes; that has worked for a bunch of people to get PreCheck to fly, when CBP either denies or revokes GE membership (or other “trusted traveler program” membership under CBP’s direct influence).
Old Mar 1, 2023, 3:10 pm

Just to confirm if global entry is revoked my tsa precheck is also gone?
Old Mar 1, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Yes. You can apply TSA PreCheck separately.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 7:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
TSA PreCheck benefits from Global Entry bite the dust when Global Entry is revoked.

Some people whose Global Entry got revoked without any GE membership reinstatement have managed to apply for TSA PreCheck and get TSA PreCheck membership approved and thereafter get TSA PreCheck benefits from the TSA PreCheck membership. Applying for TSA PreCheck is what I would suggest doing if wanting the TSA PreCheck benefits while waiting on action about the GE revocation.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 1:12 pm

Its been 3 months since I appealed my GE revocation and I still haven't heard anything. I applied for and was approved for TSA Precheck so at least I have that. I have to laugh, last week returning from Saint Kitts at JFK I beat my girlfriend (who has GE) through customs as most of the GE machines weren't working.

I am considering reapplying for GE if I don't hear anything soon. It took less than three months to get my Federal Firearms License
Old Mar 17, 2023, 1:21 am

Programs: World of Hyatt: Globalist, Aeroplan: 25k
Yeah it's frustrating that there's no information with these revocations. I want to say I doubt it has anything to do with that country since I assume they would capture any info as needed by the forms on the application, or in your interview - but who knows honestly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.