Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
In both cases, the email was generic with text reading: "There has been a recent change to the status of your application. Please login to your GOES account for more information."

As per the instruction, I then had to log in to see what the change was.
Thanks again, might as well stop logging into the system a few times a day and wait for that email...
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:57 pm

At my JFK GE interview, I was asked reasonable questions (e.g. name; where I work in the UK; where I live, etc). It mostly seemed like it was confirming everything on my application form. It felt quite formal but then again it should. It didn't feel as formal as the usual admission interview at the border though.

Assuming your flight is on time in JFK, then should be more than fine to get to your interview I got across in 45 minutes from the AA terminal to T4, even when having to go through immigration.

There is a paper-and-pen sign-in sheet on a clipboard when you get to the GE enrolment centre in T4. You just write in your details and then sit down. There was no human interaction during sign in sheet- it was just placed outside the waiting area and you're directed by a sign to the waiting area. A quick nod to the other applicants waiting in there, and I sat down. I was on time.

About five minutes later, I was called in by name by a gent who had picked up the clipboard sign-in sheet- presumably he had just looked at the sheet and selected me as the next person who was on time. I noticed that some people had filled in the sign-in sheet that were late (the sign-in sheet asks for your time of arrival and the time of your interview). It wasn't too busy when I was there (maybe 4 people waiting, 3 people in interviews at the time). If you had similar situation then I imagine they'd fit you in but probably after getting through all the people who are on time. It must happen all the time and it wasn't particularly busy.

I would imagine you can talk to somebody at the enrolment centre if you really were late, but if you were 5/10 minutes late then I'd just fill in your details and sit down
Great Info thanks Simon.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Got my conditional approval email this morning (last time I'd checked GOES was on Saturday).

BUT: I'm based in SF, where the next appointments are in April, so I'm going to look elsewhere.

I'm probably going to try a walk-in during a 2.5 hour (domestic) layover in EWR this Saturday - does anyone know whether they're actually open for that on Saturdays? (The CBP website states that the office is open every day, but I don't know if that means they do interviews on a saturday?) Alternatively I might have some time before departure at Orlando, but that's a bit less certain. (Neither EWR nor MCO have free slots this Saturday.)
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by televisor
I'm probably going to try a walk-in during a 2.5 hour (domestic) layover in EWR this Saturday - does anyone know whether they're actually open for that on Saturdays? (The CBP website states that the office is open every day, but I don't know if that means they do interviews on a saturday?)
According to this, yes.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Just tried at SFO to see if they'll take any walk-ins - no chance, only three of them today, interviewing 140 people.
Got here 15 mins before they open and there were 7-8 people already waiting.
I have an issue where the FAQs state that I need to speak to someone at a Center (sic), but obviously I cannot get an appointment. So I did a walk in at SFO this morning around 9:30 and there were four officers and only one customer. I suppose I got lucky, but perhaps not arriving as they open might be a possibility.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Well from walking in the door to walking out took 10minutes at PHL tonight, very friendly an thorough CBP Agent, just asked a few questions about job, address etc, and if I had been to Canada in the last 5 years, and that was it the biometrics completed. and now sat in the very quiet Admirals Club.

Just got my email through to say all completed, and approved.

Some of the other people waiting, where curious as to how a Brit could get Global Entry.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
I applied on the 4th December and got approved today (The 9th). Trying to find an interview location now.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:50 pm

I've applied, received a conditional approval and I scheduled an interview for when I go to the US in January. My question, can I use Global Entry for when I enter the US, even though my interview wouldn't have taken place yet?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Matt Godfrey
I've applied, received a conditional approval and I scheduled an interview for when I go to the US in January. My question, can I use Global Entry for when I enter the US, even though my interview wouldn't have taken place yet?
You cannot, unfortunately.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:07 pm

You cannot, unfortunately.
Damn! Thank you for letting me know
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
US embassy has been taken off the list of locations today. I was conditionally approved earlier and checked there (to no avail), but checked again just now and it is not even on the list any more.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: United 1K 2 Million Miles, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
London Interviews

I have today received my conditional offer and want to schedule my interview, others have said they had theirs in London yet I cannot find where to schedule this as it is not offered in the drop down list. Would appreciate being pointed in right direction.
Thanks

Last edited by Trappy; Dec 9, 2015 at 4:19 pm Reason: update
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Trappy
I have today received my conditional offer and want to schedule my interview, others have said they had theirs in London yet I cannot find where to schedule this as it is not offered in the drop down list. Would appreciate being pointed in right direction.
Thanks
They have removed all London locations from the dropdown list. Initially it was only the London Citi location, but now they are all gone.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
They have removed all London locations from the dropdown list. Initially it was only the London Citi location, but now they are all gone.
Bit of a travesty, to be fair, since the US Singapore Embassy is still listed.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
The lady at the US Embassy has told me yesterday was their last day in London and going forwards one would have to attend an interview in the US. I guess I was lucky that someone has cancelled their appointment a day earlier and I managed to get their slot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.