Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
If for 2 people, is it easy to book two appointments one after the other.

Passed the UK part and cautious of paying for the US part if we might have issues.
Why would you pay the £42 if you're not going to finish the process?!?!

Absolute worst case is that you and the second person have two different appointment dates - not the end of the world for the convenience you'll get with GE.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:35 pm

I thought I'd share this whimsical, seasonal video for you. It details the GE application process although omits the UK Border Force part because presumably the video is aimed at US Citizens. Nonetheless, I thought it was fun

Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Just tried at SFO to see if they'll take any walk-ins - no chance, only three of them today, interviewing 140 people.
Got here 15 mins before they open and there were 7-8 people already waiting.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:20 am

Has anyone completed a GE Interview? if so whats it like, is it routine or a grilling?

I have just received my provisional initial approval and I have booked and interview in JFK.

My interview for 1 hour after an AA flight arrival from CLT (T7 I assume) and the interview is in T4, If my flight is very late anyone know if they will still see me or will I need to rebook later?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I'm hoping there will be interviews in London otherwise I will have to make a special trip to the US for the interview early in the New Year. Good thing we have plenty of Avios
Old Dec 6, 2015, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I'm hoping there will be interviews in London otherwise I will have to make a special trip to the US for the interview early in the New Year. Good thing we have plenty of Avios
Why do you think you'll need to make a special trip? Wouldn't you be able to set it up on your next US visit?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 12:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Depends if there is a time limit from applying to attending an interview in the US. Currently next US trip is early April. But happy to burn some Avios and a joker if need to go earlier

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Why do you think you'll need to make a special trip? Wouldn't you be able to set it up on your next US visit?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 12:48 pm

Currently there are no slots at all in the 3 London sites so you can't book London. I managed to get a slot during an 8 hour stopover in NYC.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Depends if there is a time limit from applying to attending an interview in the US. Currently next US trip is early April. But happy to burn some Avios and a joker if need to go earlier
There is a time limit of 30 days from conditional approval to make the appointment but the appointment does not need to be within the 30 days. This is the extract from my conditional approval notification:
'In order to finalize your Global Entry enrollment, you must schedule your Global Entry Interview within 30 days of the date of this letter. You do not have to complete the interview within 30 days'.

You can also change the appointment up to 24 hours before the appointment.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by wytco0
Has anyone completed a GE Interview? if so whats it like, is it routine or a grilling?
It varies. They like being unpredictable. My "interview" didn't actually involve any questions apart from my name.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
Quite impressed by the efficiency do far - Border Force approval within 24 hours; then GOES conditional approval within 48 hours. Have my interview in London this week, so hopefully all approved for my TP run to HNL at Christmas.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:48 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador

I have just received my provisional initial approval and I have booked and interview in JFK.

My interview for 1 hour after an AA flight arrival from CLT (T7 I assume) and the interview is in T4, If my flight is very late anyone know if they will still see me or will I need to rebook later?
Very much in the lap of the gods. There's a very good chance they'll simply mark you as a no-show if you're significantly over your slot time. That means, at best, a discussion with the scheme administrators as to whether or not they'll restore your application and at worst a complete new submission at your own cost. Of course, you can only re-schedule 24 hours ahead, so you couldn't even recover the situation on the day if a delay becomes obvious.

I probably wouldn't chance that. The best bet is to schedule something prior to a departure so you can just arrive early.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Dec 6, 2015 at 2:30 pm
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by cme17
Quite impressed by the efficiency do far - Border Force approval within 24 hours; then GOES conditional approval within 48 hours. Have my interview in London this week, so hopefully all approved for my TP run to HNL at Christmas.
Interesting how did you get a London interview, I tried all 3 London locations and there are no slots at all.

My conditional approval took over a week but it went in on Thanksgiving day.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
When you schedule the interview you will be given the phone number of the local office to call if you have to make changes within 24 hours of the appointment so, assuming that you know about the delay before take off, you should be able to call and discuss the matter.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 5:30 pm

Just had my conditional approval after 6 days - applied last Monday and received approval this morning (Sunday).

I'm a bit disappointed by the interview availability! I spend a lot of time in Portland but there is zero availability there. I travel to Denver sometimes, but their earliest appointment is in March next year.

I'll be in London over Christmas, but zero availability at any of those locations.

Seattle has availability in February which is a mere 150 mile drive from Portland. I may have to go for that due to lack of other options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.