Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
I, too, have just had the conditional approval email. And yes, there's zero availability in London right now.

Does anyone know if they plan to add more slots in the next few days? I'm flying through ORD later this month but only have a two-hour layover, so I can't really do it then. Also, it'd be really nice to have GE in time for that trip!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:31 am

Same here - just came through - and yes - nothing in London. Even in my 'main' alternative - Toronto - there's nothing until February so I've booked the earliest appointment there that will probably coincide with a visit.

Edit (at 8pm GMT - 2 1/2 hours later): I've been logging in and out a few times this afternoon and I'm surprised with how much stuff is changing. I've been watching Toronto Pearson, The center at Niagara Falls (Canadian Side) and Montreal. I've seen appointments open up, change, and go within minutes. Pearson has jumped from Mid Feb to Jan to mid December to Late Feb since I posted this originally.

M.

Last edited by MPH1980; Dec 2, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Evening all, received my invitation code this morning, just went to the website to fill out the form and you no longer need the invitation codes! So fill your boots and apply
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
London - City location has been removed from the dropdown menu,
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Evening all, received my invitation code this morning, just went to the website to fill out the form and you no longer need the invitation codes! So fill your boots and apply
Someone must have flipped the switch as they were leaving the office for the day. Hopefully those who have already submitted their info will not be delayed by the influx of applications. And, also hopefully, there will be a location or two at least in London for people to attend the interview.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:13 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
FYI - If you do not schedule your interview within a few days of being provisionally accepted, you will receive the email below.

Since your application was conditionally approved, as of December 03 our system does not register the scheduling of an interview to finalize your enrollment.

To prevent your application from being cancelled, please schedule an interview immediately. Most enrollment centers have appointments available up to 4 months. To schedule an interview, access your GOES account, click on the "Schedule Interview" button and select an enrollment center and date for your interview. You can always reschedule your interview up to 24 hours prior to the already scheduled appointment. If you need to cancel an appointment within 24 hours, please contact the enrollment center to be rescheduled.

This is an automated email. Please do not reply.

FORM: Reminder for Global Entry application.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
....Most enrollment centers have appointments available up to 4 months....
I found that the two nearest to me in San Diego annoyingly only offer dates within the immediate future. Otay Mesa usually only shows up to 2/3 weeks in advance and San Ysidro only a few days.

So that my approval wouldn't expire, I had to grab what I could and then keep changing it until I found a date when I would be in the country.

Maybe the system for these is slightly different since they're not airports?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: BA (GGL, CCR & G4LIFE), VS (Gold4life), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Spire Elite), SPG (Plat)
following the recent announcments that UK people could once again apply for US gloabl entry does anyone know how to do this as I cannot find the correct info on the Home Office or US websites - it was supposed to be possible from 3 December 2015 according to business traveller

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...o-uk-citizens?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by newbyuk
following the recent announcments that UK people could once again apply for US gloabl entry does anyone know how to do this as I cannot find the correct info on the Home Office or US websites - it was supposed to be possible from 3 December 2015 according to business traveller

Here: https://global-entry.beta.homeoffice...ister-to-apply

But it appears to be closed for maintenance right now.

If they keep up with the performance they've done in the last few weeks on the beta - it's a matter of hours to a day to get approval from the Home Office, then a week for the US side of the process before you can apply for the interview.

But the interview locations in the UK are blocked out and the main city locations in the US are pretty booked until next year.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: BA (GGL, CCR & G4LIFE), VS (Gold4life), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Spire Elite), SPG (Plat)
super thank you so much!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by newbyuk

See this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usa/1...rogram-57.html

and specifically the link in the wiki, although the Home Office page is down when I checked it a few minutes ago but was working earlier.

The process itself is explained here
http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-tr...united-kingdom
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would anyone kindly check if there are any appointments in the next few weeks in CA or NV?

I have a code already but would prefer to defer if there are no appointments available based on a lack of US travel for Q1 2016.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Would anyone kindly check if there are any appointments in the next few weeks in CA or NV?

I have a code already but would prefer to defer if there are no appointments available based on a lack of US travel for Q1 2016.
As you'd expect - the main centers are busy and aren't available until Jan.

However the smaller centers I've done a quick check of - for example - the one in Calexico has appointments for next week, the week after and the week after that.

CA and NV is quite a big space to search really :-)
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:38 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover

I wouldn't delay making the application or looking for a preferred venue because you have no travel planned - just grab an appointment anywhere so you know you are as far advanced through the process as possible, and then re-schedule closer to the time as your plans firm up and appointments open up. It's far better to be in that position than still be waiting for Conditional Approval when you need to be grabbing a slot to meet your plans.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
all very straightforward but appears all interviews have to be done in the US this time. anyone know otherwise?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.