Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Just doing my GOES application (the Home Office side took less than 24 hours), there are no enrolment centres listed outside the US / Canada - is that a change, or is it just an old web page without all the locations this thread has been talking about (e.g. Citi / CBI / US Embassy etc.)?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Am checking a few times a day if the London slots open up (one is right by my office so would be very handy), but nothing so far - have managed to grab a slot while I'm in SFO early next year as a backup
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Just doing my GOES application (the Home Office side took less than 24 hours), there are no enrolment centres listed outside the US / Canada - is that a change, or is it just an old web page without all the locations this thread has been talking about (e.g. Citi / CBI / US Embassy etc.)?
Must be, as when I try to reshcedule an interview, I can see this

Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Brilliant - thanks jms_uk
Old Dec 4, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by rrrrrich
all very straightforward but appears all interviews have to be done in the US this time
Surely as it's for accessing the US, this shouldn't be a problem?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
A day and a bit for BF to turn around my internal checks. Let's see how long it will take for CBP to do their bit. I am hoping that it will be possible to attend an interview in London before Xmas, but not exactly holding my breath
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for checking, Calexico is fine cos its quite close to SD.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:54 am

Well, my trips tend to be booked at very short notice and I'm a bit concerned that there may not be free/convenient slots. But I'll just try, and if it doesn't work out, try next time and so on.

It'd be easier to book something in London well in advance that I'd have a decent chance of making.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Well, my trips tend to be booked at very short notice and I'm a bit concerned that there may not be free/convenient slots. But I'll just try, and if it doesn't work out, try next time and so on.

It'd be easier to book something in London well in advance that I'd have a decent chance of making.
Book the one well in advance you know you can make then just keep checking for a better date when you know your plans.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Emailed request to BF in the morning, got an invitation code back after lunch.

Completed GOES form the following day, now just waiting for CBP to confirm all OK then will schedule appointment to coincide with one of my multiple US trip...

...or they will decline me and I will never be allowed back in

More likely to be the former though (99.99% sure anyway !)
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by chistery
Book the one well in advance you know you can make then just keep checking for a better date when you know your plans.
But there don't seem to be any London dates offered at present...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
A few interview slots seem to have opened up at the US Embassy London...but only for 9 December. Everything else still showing as unavailable.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
If for 2 people, is it easy to book two appointments one after the other.

Passed the UK part and cautious of paying for the US part if we might have issues.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Mileometer
A few interview slots seem to have opened up at the US Embassy London...but only for 9 December. Everything else still showing as unavailable.
That's good to know, thank you. While it would be great, I doubt that the CBP part of the process will come through in time, it gives room to cautious optimism that additional slots will open up in the days that follow.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:53 am

Does anybody have any experience of the Global Entry lane in DUB? What is the experience like and how does it compare with GE entry at MIA, JFK, PHL, BOS, etc? I've read that the experience isn't as expedited/speedy in DUB.

Last edited by Simon Schus; Dec 5, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.