Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by televisor
It's worth keeping in mind that, assuming you'd want to interview in SFO, there are no appointments available until April - unless you're willing to refresh the page every 10 minutes in the hope of snagging a cancellation (which could get you an interview within 5 days).
If my GOES application is still "Pending Review", am I able to see and/or schedule an interview? Or only when the application has received "conditional approval"?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
You can only schedule the interview once you have conditional approval. After you have scheduled an interview you can always stop by an enrolment centre and ask if they have time to do your interview. People have sometimes been lucky.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA, AA, FB
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Thanks. Hmm...okay, just did not want to be grilled when found out about living in a 3rd place other than US/UK. I do have an address in the States too, so with utility bills and stuff it should hopefully suffice.
Just be careful that you don't claim, or could be seen to claim, the US address as your residence if you don't have the correct legal status to be a resident in the US.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Hobbes01
You can only schedule the interview once you have conditional approval. After you have scheduled an interview you can always stop by an enrolment centre and ask if they have time to do your interview. People have sometimes been lucky.
Thanks Hobbes01....
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Originally Posted by BritishGuy
I applied for Global Entry on the GOES site on the morning of the 3rd of Dec and still have not heard word back - several people I know applied days, even a week after me and got approval within days.
Many of the people who were approved quickly applied during the 'beta test' phase of the UK's induction into GE. As you applied on launch day, it's likely your application is part of a surge of them, which is slowing it down.

As others have said, interview availability is incredibly sporadic, so even if you were approved, there'd be no guarantee of a prompt interview.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
I applied 13 dec and had it conditionally approved on 17th Dec.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
I applied 13 dec and had it conditionally approved on 17th Dec.
This is not helping BritishGuy's blood pressure
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Just got interviewed at SFO, and approved.

However they seemed a bit unaware of the new UK program, wanted to check with their supervisor, and eventually just checked the CBP website (but now they all seem to be aware so should be faster for anyone else). After that everything was easy: photo, fingerprints, verified list of countries visited (I stupidly missed Canada, so they added that for me). Finally they checked second ID - I showed my Swiss foreigner's ID which they were happy with. Confirmation email arrived a few minutes later.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by techie
This is not helping BritishGuy's blood pressure
LOL - tell me about it. Still no word. I think I must be lost or ignored in the system somewhere!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:58 pm

So, I used my GE for the first time tonight in JFK. I was bumped to the very very back (row 55) due to a misconnect. The BA staff were amazing on getting me too the flight in the first place.

Nonetheless, from plane door to passing through GE and to Customs... 86 seconds! It would've been faster but I didn't realise you could just wave your GE receipt at the immigration entry point (neither did the US not Permanent Residents who were also using the GE lane). Best ever.

I'm heading back to the UK on Sunday and back out through DUB Preclearance midweek so will compare the experiences.

This is an excellent Product compared to my existing experience. It has saved lots of time particularly given I was already an hour late due to being moved from BA181 to BA173. Admittedly, the customs agent kept my GE receipt which confused me. Unsure whether that was in error or not given I didn't get a stamp in my passport on the VWP (WT)
Old Dec 19, 2015, 1:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Can I just ask, for a GE entry to the US do you no longer get a stamp in your passport?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Nope - no passport stamp (same as with ePassport in Oz or anywhere in the EU - a depressingly empty passport now!)

You do get a receipt - as I recall you get two, one with your photo on it, one just text - I gave the former to the customs agent and still had the latter, Simon Schus.

Personally with GE I now prefer to not go through pre-clearance as when you do that you then lose out on valuable lounge time
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Admittedly, the customs agent kept my GE receipt which confused me. Unsure whether that was in error or not given I didn't get a stamp in my passport on the VWP (WT)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Can I just ask, for a GE entry to the US do you no longer get a stamp in your passport?
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Nope - no passport stamp (same as with ePassport in Oz or anywhere in the EU - a depressingly empty passport now!)

You do get a receipt - as I recall you get two, one with your photo on it, one just text - I gave the former to the customs agent and still had the latter, Simon Schus.
You can check [and print for your own records] both your latest I-94/I-94W and all entries/exits to/from USA here.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jms_uk
You can check [and print for your own records] both your latest I-94/I-94W and all entries/exits to/from USA here.
Agreed (it's not a bad site actually) - not as nice as a passport full of stamps though
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EDIflyer

Personally with GE I now prefer to not go through pre-clearance as when you do that you then lose out on valuable lounge time
Many thanks for the answer EDIflyer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.