Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:10 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Xordan
I was told by my interviewer that I would need to update the GOES website with my new ESTA number every time it changed (or I can walk in to an office and they'll do it for me). It may work differently if you're on a visa - I suspect you just need to have a valid visa/esta registered against your membership.

(I actually have no idea how to update my ESTA info on GOES)
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Hmm - I know you can update your passport number and driving licence details on GOES but just double-checked and can't see any evidence of ESTA number being stored there - do we definitely need to update this somehow? My existing one has expired so I know I'll definitely have a new one when next visiting the States.
I think this is another confused immigration officer who doesn't quite know what information GOES stores. The ESTA is tied to your passport, and the GE machines read your passport and match that to the GOES database - so there's no need to have both pieces of information entered.

I have only ever updated my passport information - actually within a couple of months of being approved. At that point, because I had no travel planned to the US for a further few months, I didn't bother to apply for an ESTA - so I actually couldn't have put a number in there anyway ...
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Thanks, NWIFlyer - that fits better with my understanding of how the systems were linked! ^
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Plat, Carlson Gold
Thanks NWIFlyer. One more question: I was also told that I needed to update some system with any new I94 within 90 days of receiving it from GE. Is that correct? It wasn't clear how to do that either.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Completed my initail application on the uk.gov site to obtain my UK access code yesterday morning and received the code a few hours later. Immediately completed the application for Global Entry, and received my conditional acceptance this evening, within 24 hours of applying.

I was hoping to use Bowling Green, as I have a New York trip weekend planned for the end of Feb, but the earliest interview slot is March 15th. Now have my interview in Newark the day after I arrive. Worth a special trip back out to New Newark if it means avoiding 1.5 hour queues in Houston (which has been the case the last two trips through there).
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:20 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Richym99
Completed my initail application on the uk.gov site to obtain my UK access code yesterday morning and received the code a few hours later. Immediately completed the application for Global Entry, and received my conditional acceptance this evening, within 24 hours of applying.

I was hoping to use Bowling Green, as I have a New York trip weekend planned for the end of Feb, but the earliest interview slot is March 15th. Now have my interview in Newark the day after I arrive. Worth a special trip back out to New Newark if it means avoiding 1.5 hour queues in Houston (which has been the case the last two trips through there).
I had my interview at Bowling Green in Jan 2014. It's a reasonably staffed location, and I imagine tends to cater for NYC office workers given its location, so short notice cancellations are not out of the question. It's probably worth keeping an eye out for slots, because they don't seem to cater for walk-ups at all (I got a very frosty response when asking if they could fit MrsNWI in as well).

If you make it there, the signage isn't particularly obvious - as in there isn't any! - so allow a bit of time to get your bearings. I seem to recall using the right-hand door to the building, then passing a reception and security screen (given it's a Government building), before sitting in a waiting area from where I was collected and taken up in the lifts.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Just did my interview at the Las Vegas centre. Very friendly agent and took maybe only 5 minutes tops.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:19 pm

So update, finally!

Applied for Home Office approval: 02/12/15
Given UK Access code for GOES: 03/12/15
Registered to apply for GOES: 03/12/15
Conditional Approval: 12/01/16
Interview scheduled at LAX for 15/01/16

So almost 5 weeks and 5 days later I was conditionally approved. Whilst it seems to be much longer than everyone else on the forum has experienced, it is within their guidelines of approval which is 4/6 weeks. Lets see how the interview goes

Better late than never

Last edited by BritishGuy; Jan 12, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BritishGuy
So update, finally!

Applied for Home Office approval: 02/12/15
Given UK Access code for GOES: 03/12/15
Registered to apply for GOES: 03/12/15
Conditional Approval: 12/01/16
Interview scheduled at LAX for 15/01/16

So almost 5 weeks and 5 days later I was conditionally approved. Whilst it seems to be much longer than everyone else on the forum has experienced, it is within their guidelines of approval which is 4/6 weeks. Lets see how the interview goes

Better late than never
Thanks for the update - glad you're almost there now. Hopefully your interview will be brief as some compensation for the time it has taken thus far.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: BA GGL
US Global Entry and PreCheck for UK citizens

Hi folks; sorry if this has been asked before (I did a quick search) but; I'm a UK citizen who was very recently accepted for Global Entry. Later that same day, I was flying from JFK to LHR, and asked at check in to have my known traveller number added to my boarding pass for TSA Pre, but the system wouldn't allow it.

Are Global Entry UK citizens eligible for TSA Pre, or is there something else that I need to do, or was it perhaps that it was just too soon after Global Entry for me to be TSA Pre enrolled?

Thanks for any help you're able to offer!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:07 am

I have GE and tried to use it for precheck the same day I was approved and it didn't work for precheck but has worked since then. I'd add your KTN to your next reservation and try again.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Yes, Global Entry includes TSA Precheck bundled in for UK citizens. It often takes a while to propagate, though.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by armouredant
Hi folks; sorry if this has been asked before (I did a quick search) but; I'm a UK citizen who was very recently accepted for Global Entry. Later that same day, I was flying from JFK to LHR, and asked at check in to have my known traveller number added to my boarding pass for TSA Pre, but the system wouldn't allow it.

Are Global Entry UK citizens eligible for TSA Pre, or is there something else that I need to do, or was it perhaps that it was just too soon after Global Entry for me to be TSA Pre enrolled?

Thanks for any help you're able to offer!
What airline were you flying? It makes a difference.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by bruceba
What airline were you flying? It makes a difference.
It was AA, at the business check in, Terminal 8.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I've also been told (but I haven't confirmed it myself) that the KTN has to be put in at least 24 hours before departure. Personally, I've tried twice in the past year to put my KTN in at check-in to get Pre-Check, and both times failed (once took it but didn't give me Pre-Check, the other just didn't take the number.)
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Plat
It was AA, at the business check in, Terminal 8.
If you have an AA account you can load your KTN on their site. Maybe it takes a day but mine worked the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.