Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:10 pm
Suspended

I have been looking forward to applying for GE having spent many hours in all staring at the GE kiosks at MCO each time we visit for vacation. I don't recall them ever being used which isn't a shock given the route... however to be fair a few weeks back we past immigration within a very short space of time thanks to an empty VS 747 and nothing arriving ahead of us.

Quick question... how difficult it is to get an appointment currently (specifically at MCO)? I read a few articles suggesting I need to book well in advanced but dated 2012 or earlier. I'm not back in the US until very early Sept-15 and my wife will need an appointment also... how should I time my application?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by GarethK
I have been looking forward to applying for GE having spent many hours in all staring at the GE kiosks at MCO each time we visit for vacation. I don't recall them ever being used which isn't a shock given the route... however to be fair a few weeks back we past immigration within a very short space of time thanks to an empty VS 747 and nothing arriving ahead of us.

Quick question... how difficult it is to get an appointment currently (specifically at MCO)? I read a few articles suggesting I need to book well in advanced but dated 2012 or earlier. I'm not back in the US until very early Sept-15 and my wife will need an appointment also... how should I time my application?
When I checked for MCO, the wait was 1-2 weeks, beyond that there seemed to be quite a lot of availability.

I've just discovered that Global Entry actually expires on your birthday + 5 years (e.g. since I was just approved, and my Birthday is in June, it expires in June 2021). So you wouldn't necessarily be wasting time by applying early - however I don't know whether the expiration depends on your application, conditional approval, or interview approval date.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by televisor
I've just discovered that Global Entry actually expires on your birthday + 5 years (e.g. since I was just approved, and my Birthday is in June, it expires in June 2021). So you wouldn't necessarily be wasting time by applying early - however I don't know whether the expiration depends on your application, conditional approval, or interview approval date.
I have interview booked 2 days after my birthday - no extra GE duration for me.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by televisor
When I checked for MCO, the wait was 1-2 weeks, beyond that there seemed to be quite a lot of availability.
Is it possible the check without an application in the works? No harm in applying now I assume and deferring the interview to the day I depart MCO and need to burn time in the airport.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by GarethK
Is it possible the check without an application in the works? No harm in applying now I assume and deferring the interview to the day I depart MCO and need to burn time in the airport.
You would not be able to check yourself until you are conditionally approved. However, you can ask here and someone who has not had their interview yet can check for you. That being said, by the time you are approved, the slots may be gone, so set expectations accordingly.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:13 pm

Applied for UK Access Code - Dec 16th
Received UK Access Code - Dec 17th
Applied for GE - Dec 17th
Conditionally Approved - Dec 20th
Interview - Dec 30th

Actually very smooth process. Impressed.

Huge difference in interview availability - Boston wasn't free until April, but Miami was clear every day from now on.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:13 pm

Applied for UK Access Code - Dec 16th
Received UK Access Code - Dec 17th
Applied for GE - Dec 17th
Conditionally Approved - Dec 20th
Interview - Dec 30th

Actually very smooth process. Impressed.

Huge difference in interview availability - Boston wasn't free until April, but Miami was clear every day from now on.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:18 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, HH Gold, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz Pres Cir
UK enrollment?

I received conditional approval last week.

The list of locations to conduct the interview are all in the US or Canada (with one in Singapore), and I assumed I'd have to jump on a plane to finalise.

But then I saw this...

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/specialr...st-got-easier/

This bit:

This can usually be done when you are next at a U.S. airport, or mobile enrollment teams will be coming to the U.K. in early December and the New Year so you can complete your registration here instead.

This is the first I've heard of being able to interview in the UK. Does anyone have any details?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
UK Background Check

Did anyone else apply on the 3rd via the Faster Entry gov.uk page, and hasn't had a response for the background check yet? My partner signed up on that day, and hasn't heard back. It's been over 10 business days....
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by knoppster
Did anyone else apply on the 3rd via the Faster Entry gov.uk page, and hasn't had a response for the background check yet? My partner signed up on that day, and hasn't heard back. It's been over 10 business days....
I applied the day before and was turned around in less than a day. However, it is possible that they underestimated the demand -- as governments often do -- and that 10 days was a bit optimistic. You are always free to email [email protected] but be prepared for the boilerplate "it is in progress" response just in case.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Anyone had any experience of the interview in Doha? Thinking of doing it on a long layover next month? Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:52 pm

I signed up on the 2nd, was approved early on the 3rd. Applied for GOES on the 3rd, still says "pending".....

Originally Posted by knoppster

Last edited by BritishGuy; Dec 22, 2015 at 2:27 am
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:53 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Finally got around to applying. Applied on the Home Office website at 2030 this evening and have received the code by email about 20 minutes ago! So 4 hours to get a code outside office hours, very impressed.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
So 4 hours to get a code outside office hours, very impressed.
The State never sleeps!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.