Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'll be in ATL next month flying on UA. I have not been through that airport in 12 years. It says CLEAR + Pre-Check is only available in the "south terminal" security checkpoint. Can I still use it if my flight is leaving from any gate? UA is mainly at the T gates but sometimes uses the E gates.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Student enrollment

Has anybody successfully enrolled a student? Was at ORD attempting to complete the registration, but the Clear staff was unable to finish it.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I'll be in ATL next month flying on UA. I have not been through that airport in 12 years. It says CLEAR + Pre-Check is only available in the "south terminal" security checkpoint. Can I still use it if my flight is leaving from any gate? UA is mainly at the T gates but sometimes uses the E gates.
Yes, the North/South distinction for the domestic terminal is a red herring, either way you end up in the T concourse, and ATL is all connected airside anyway
pseudoswede likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Has anybody successfully enrolled a student? Was at ORD attempting to complete the registration, but the Clear staff was unable to finish it.
Interesting. This must be pretty new. What kind of issues was the staff facing?

https://www.clearme.com/studentenroll
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Interesting. This must be pretty new. What kind of issues was the staff facing?

https://www.clearme.com/studentenroll
manager did not detail the issue, did say she would submit a Jira ticket and offered a manual Clear pass that day. Said there would be a follow up communication with instructions to complete registration, which have not been received yet.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:03 am

I am plannig to signup for clear (AMEX plat benefit) however I do not have any travel scheduled for 5-6 months. Is it possible to swing by at the nearby airport that participates in Clear and get my fingerprint/registration complete without flying?
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by dealhunter999
I am plannig to signup for clear (AMEX plat benefit) however I do not have any travel scheduled for 5-6 months. Is it possible to swing by at the nearby airport that participates in Clear and get my fingerprint/registration complete without flying?
Yes, you should be able to walk up to the kiosks and have the Clear attendant scan your eyes and/or fingerprints.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:07 am

I am planning to signup for Clear with the $100 bonus offer from UA.
Given that the $100 bonus has an expiration of 9 months and I already have an existing UA TravelBank balance - I'm concerned about the expiration mixing up.
Would Travelbank track the expiration of the bonus separately from the rest of the balance?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Anyones eyes never work even after rescanning numerous times? I just do fingers all the time now but ever since I signed up for CLEAR last year they've never worked.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:07 pm

my spouse recently got an amex green corporate card.

i know that the amex green card offers annual statement credit for the CLEAR airport security. Does the corporate amex green offer the same benefit too?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:25 am

If you signed up with the Delta link, are you permitted to use the Clear membership when flying with other airlines? How does Clear know which airline you are flying on?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
I've had Clear thru the DL link for probably 5 years now and haven't even booked a DL ticket during all that time
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by poisson
If you signed up with the Delta link, are you permitted to use the Clear membership when flying with other airlines? How does Clear know which airline you are flying on?
CLEAR is merely pay to get to the head of the line. Airline you are flying is irrelevant.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:59 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
How do I contact CLEAR to ask a question about my membership renewal? I can't find a phone number or even a "contact us" message form on the website.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:20 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by mglvrug
How do I contact CLEAR to ask a question about my membership renewal? I can't find a phone number or even a "contact us" message form on the website.
How do I contact CLEAR?
Member Services

For questions about your membership, adding family members, payment and more.

[email protected]

855-CLEARME(253-2763)

Our hours:

Monday - Friday 8am-9pm EST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.