Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ntrieu
Applied on 4/30. I am approaching 100 days mark. Will escalade if nothing happens by then
Same here....applied on 4/30 as well. I'll continue to wait....
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:13 pm

Just found this forum and appreciate the information. My husband and I both applied 4/24, and are in the "still processing" state. So 15 weeks and over 100 days. My question, how have you all been escalating ? I tried calling the # 877-227-5511 (6/1/4/0) but it generally just disconnects for me, or i get a "that is a nonworking number" message. I see some people talking about emailing, but have not been able to find the email address in this thread (that said I have not read all 435 pages back to 2010 At this point I am giving up trying to get this in place before our trip later this month but we do have an 11 hour layover in Miami each way, giving us PLENTY of time to try the walk in process, But can't do that without the conditional approval.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by KathyL2537
Just found this forum and appreciate the information. My husband and I both applied 4/24, and are in the "still processing" state. So 15 weeks and over 100 days. My question, how have you all been escalating ? I tried calling the # 877-227-5511 (6/1/4/0) but it generally just disconnects for me, or i get a "that is a nonworking number" message. I see some people talking about emailing, but have not been able to find the email address in this thread (that said I have not read all 435 pages back to 2010 At this point I am giving up trying to get this in place before our trip later this month but we do have an 11 hour layover in Miami each way, giving us PLENTY of time to try the walk in process, But can't do that without the conditional approval.
I would say based on personal experience and recent posts that you still have about 2 weeks or so to go for conditional approval. The most recent date approved (based on people posting) is April 16th, so your application date it getting closer! I had to call about 20 times before I was able to speak to a live person. It would ring, put me on hold and then say due to high call volume try back later.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:48 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by KathyL2537
I think you should be approved sometime next week, I was approved today, and I applied April 16 - Total 111 days.
I did escalate by phone, my advice try to call around 10 am I start to call at 8 am and it was saying wrong number and then around 10 finally I got connected - I did not wait more than 10 min onhold
Also, the good news is that I just look, and Miami has appointments even today, they seem to be totally open so If you get approved and can probably schedule one appointment while you are waiting there or use the Enrollment on Arrival option too. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival
Good Luck!
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note

Folks,

We have a thread on the subject of Global Entry enrollment interview appointment availability:
For indexing and future search purposes, please discuss appointment availability for Global Entry enrollment interviews in that thread.

And while at it, we also have a thread on the subject of Enrollment on arrival:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:00 pm

My spouse and I appplied on 4/21. I was approved in five days...he's still waiting. Called once a couple of weeks ago. They said call back after 100 days. I tried for the past two days...could not get through. Today I did. Said they would escalate, and I would get an email in 5-10 minutes with a time frame. It's now been four hours. No email (yes, I checked the spam folder). It is what it is. We'll see...
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Olga Pernik
At least I got the CA... Here is the email address that they used for correspondence and seem to respond to pretty quickly: [email protected]
For everyone's info, you'll need to use the email which is registered to your account to email this help address. I just tried from my husband and my family email and the email was rejected since it isn't associated with an account. I'll be going back and sending from my husband's personal account instead since my question is about his pending CA (mine came promptly).
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Applied on 4/29, still waiting. 100 days as of today. Of those, 70 days are working days (100 - weekends and holidays).
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by veroxd28
I think you should be approved sometime next week, I was approved today, and I applied April 16 - Total 111 days.
I did escalate by phone, my advice try to call around 10 am I start to call at 8 am and it was saying wrong number and then around 10 finally I got connected - I did not wait more than 10 min onhold
Also, the good news is that I just look, and Miami has appointments even today, they seem to be totally open so If you get approved and can probably schedule one appointment while you are waiting there or use the Enrollment on Arrival option too.
Good Luck!
I too applied April 16 and got approved after 111 days. However, I did not escalate my case. Just glad the wait is finally over.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: United MP
I also applied on 4/29 - still waiting as of today. I am in Asia, and am flying home on 8/28. I'd sure like to have the CA beforehand so I can enroll on arrival.

Is there a consensus as to whether escalating makes any difference whatsoever?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by veroxd28
UPDATE
Today August 6 I received my CA - total days 112
Trying to schedule here at Orlando next available Oct 10
Applied April 22, escalated August 2 today is August 8th still nothing 108 days.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:49 am

US citizen/ Mexican citizen
Applied 7/31
CA on 4/4
got interview appointment at Bowling Green for 4/6
it took 2 min

entire process took 6 days.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Mileageplus
Final data point:

Applied: 4/12
Escalated: 7/1
CA: 7/30
Interview: 8/7 at SFO
Final approval: 8/8

I freaked out a little bit yesterday because I didn’t receive an email about my final approval after the interview like most others have reported. I was worried if they would reject me because I didn’t mention that years ago some CBP officers confiscated mooncakes from me while returning from Hong Kong (egg products from a region with avian flu). Called the enrollment center this morning, took 3 tries before a real person picked up. Said she will check on it for me, and exactly 30 minutes later I got the email. Hooray! Now I’m ready for my trip on 8/22!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:00 am

Applied 4/20
Escalated - No
CA 8/8 (110 days processing time)
No interviews available in Portland,OR but I'm flying into SFO later this month so will complete the interview upon arrival
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by tipotodo
US citizen/ Mexican citizen
Applied 7/31
CA on 4/4
got interview appointment at Bowling Green for 4/6
it took 2 min

entire process took 6 days.
Did you mean Applied 3/31 instead of 7/31?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.