Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Flying LH from FRA-LAX, business on one of their new 747-8s when I noticed a tell-tale stain on my assigned seat (it was in the crotch area). How they could have missed that (the seats are grey) I don't know! Unless it was a permanent stain... At any rate, I pointed it out to the FA and fortunately there was a cleaner seat two rows behind me.
Old May 19, 2015, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Mikity
Flying LH from FRA-LAX, business on one of their new 747-8s when I noticed a tell-tale stain on my assigned seat (it was in the crotch area). How they could have missed that (the seats are grey) I don't know! Unless it was a permanent stain... At any rate, I pointed it out to the FA and fortunately there was a cleaner seat two rows behind me.
Was it coffee or did someone wipe their arse on the seat?
Old May 19, 2015, 10:39 am
Suspended

There are worse fluids it could be. (Hint: 5 letter word, begins with S)
Old May 19, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Was it coffee or did someone wipe their arse on the seat?
Since we're getting technical....it looked like it was either of faecal, or menstrual origin. I didn't really look too closely!
Old May 19, 2015, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Since we're getting technical....it looked like it was either of faecal, or menstrual origin. I didn't really look too closely!
That's gross. What a way to screw up a new plane.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:51 pm

I would have been like ...

... and then when the FA said there was another seat available I would have been like ...

Old May 19, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
In a slight twist on the "Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight" I had the misfortune of being the recipient of "Disgusting Things You've Smelt Inflight".

I took a flight from SFO to PDX (UA 595) last Friday 5/15. I was in 8E, playing piggy-in-the-middle, I know I know but I jumped on a different flight to get back home 3 hours earlier and it was only a 1:26 flight.

Mr 8D decided to really kickback and relax and promptly removed his shoes. At first I couldn't figure out what the terrible pong was; until I looked down and sideways and saw the guy had his loafers off. Yep, there it was. The smell was like rancid feta and it was incredibly strong and noxious. I kept sniffing and making comments about the terrible smell to no one in particular. In the end I turned the vent above me on full blast and kept my hands over my nose for the whole trip. Seriously, the smell was horrendous and I can't believe the guy couldn't smell his own feet and shoes.

Moral of the story - if you have stinky feet, please keep your shoes on and contain the fumes!
Old May 19, 2015, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by SpewyMcSpew
I would have been like ...

... and then when the FA said there was another seat available I would have been like ...
LOL! You said it way better than I could have (1 picture, 1000 words)...
Old May 19, 2015, 9:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SirJman
Air China - PVG-CKG

Family of 3, mother, father, ~5 year old boy taking up the 757 row.

Boy stands up on his middle seat holding his fathers head for balance. Father holds out a small, clear, plastic bag. Mother pulls down sons pants and aims the boys urine stream about 30cm into the plastic bag...

When all finished, the father takes the plastic bag into the lav for disposal.
I saw something very similar to this while waiting in line at It's a small world after all, at disneyland. They then preceded to get on ride while holding this bag of urine. I use to think that just the run of the mill line cutters were bad, but this one upped it.
Old May 21, 2015, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
When you're next on a plane run your hand down the side of your seat (if you're sitting by the window) and you will either feel yourself breaking of dried boogers, or you will feel fresh boggers from the flight before. Either way it is disgusting.

Why do people think it is okay to stick bogeys on seats?
Old May 21, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by WeAreFlyingHigh
When you're next on a plane run your hand down the side of your seat (if you're sitting by the window) and you will either feel yourself breaking of dried boogers, or you will feel fresh boggers from the flight before. Either way it is disgusting.

That's why I eat my boogers. No mess, my nose feels better & I boost my immune system. Yay!
Old May 21, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by RussianTexan
That's why I eat my boogers. No mess, my nose feels better & I boost my immune system. Yay!
You are covered if IFE fails !
Old May 21, 2015, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
lol
Old May 22, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Just curious, do you think it is OK to flick them on the floor instead

(Because that's what I do LOL)
Old May 22, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards

Ewww. Boogers shouldn't be on the seat frames. Everyone knows that's where the chewing gum goes. I don't know about eating boogers but everyone knows you shouldn't swallow your gum cuz it'll stay there for 10 years, or something like that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.