Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I looked in the mirror, was absolutely disgusted.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
A lady with body odor chugging beer the whole flight. Like the whole 11 hour flight. During the pre-arrival meal she drank two bottles of white wine.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
From where to where? Two full bottles? (Impressed) Or those 187ml one-glass bottles?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
From where to where? Two full bottles? (Impressed) Or those 187ml one-glass bottles?
From Milan-Malpensa to Miami on AA. It was those small bottles.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I was on a flight a couple of months ago, LAX to FRA, we were almost there. Breakfast had been served and cleaned up. As we were on the final approach, with the FA's seated and the seat belt sign on, the lady across the aisle from me, and one row back, vomited up her entire breakfast smack dab in the middle of the aisle. It was an enormous, stinky pile of yuck. Everybody behind her was at risk of stepping in it, or at least, rolling their luggage through it. The woman looked green. Her husband was frantically dabbing her face. Other passengers stepping in the mess did not seem to be of concern to him. The pile of goo was oozing. I rang the bell a few times, to no avail. The plane was landing. Then it landed. There was no sign of proactive action on the husbands part. So, I took a blanket and threw it over the mess, thinking that, at least, the people behind her would have a shield between themselves and that mess, and not track it all down the aisle of a new plane. Ughh... I grabbed my stuff, got off the plane, and never looked back.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
There was no sign of proactive action on the husbands part.
This is very gross.

But I can see he was probably concerned for her welfare, not for the comfort of those around him.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:10 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Calchas
This is very gross.

But I can see he was probably concerned for her welfare, not for the comfort of those around him.
He was grateful for the help. After I put the blanket down, he wondered if we should add another. I gave them a witch hazel face wipe, too, which I tend to carry with me, to help her clean up and feel better. Poor thing! But, still, yuck! I'm so glad I was seated ahead of them. I would have been very upset to be deplaning and discover, too late, that I had stepped in something akin to dog poo on the way out.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
A flight the other day had someone near me stinking out the cabin, I could see he was on his laptop so I gave him a website to look at.
The dirty looks I got after that some people are so ungrateful
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by chris19992
A flight the other day had someone near me stinking out the cabin, I could see he was on his laptop so I gave him a website to look at.
I am totally getting these for Mr. Fink (aka Farticus) for Christmas!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by chris19992
From where to where, and how why didn't you ask the stewardess to move you? You could have scored an upgrade because body odor is a legit reason to get moved.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
From where to where, and how why didn't you ask the stewardess to move you? You could have scored an upgrade because body odor is a legit reason to get moved.
OSL-EDI
Packed flight, I wasn't the only one that tried.
To be honest I don't know why he was allowed to board

Last edited by chris19992; Dec 23, 2015 at 8:27 am
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:42 am

May be in the things smelt on the flight, but I admit, I've cut the cheese more than once on a flight.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 3:10 pm

A booger on an armrest on a NW 742 from NRT to JFK ages ago.

Someone's smelly feet on my armrest on a CX 77W in Y.

People have no etiquette these days.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by maortega15
A booger on an armrest on a NW 742 from NRT to JFK ages ago.

Someone's smelly feet on my armrest on a CX 77W in Y.

People have no etiquette these days.
It also depends on the city pair. The JFK-MIA run cracks me up. FRA-MIA/MCO is efficient.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:01 pm

Sat down on a flight yesterday in 1B.... in 1A was what I can only describe as a homeless person. He smelled awful, was filthy and dressed in clothing that must have come out of a dumpster. There was no seat to transfer to. During the flight he swore at the attendants, demanded more booze after being cut off, yelled/swore at the in-flight announcements being "TOO DAMN FAST", tried to urinate with the lav door open, blew his nose into his pillow (and then turned it over and put it under his head.)

When we landed he again demanded another drink, then called his fiance to yell at her for his phone not working during his flight.

I have written the airline asking them to investigate their rules regarding non-rev passengers. I can't believe this guy purchased any kind of ticket, let alone a first-class one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.