Reload this Page >

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:42 pm

I was a cause of a disgusting situation.

On the way home ahead of CHS-EWR-FRA-BCN and already having flown CHS-JFK-CHS-ATL-MSP-ANC-SEA in span of about 72 hours... on SEA-ATL leg, while waiting on my flight in SEA, to take off some stress from so much flying, I managed to get completely obliterated in Seattle.

I put on my best face, made it on the plane, plonked my ... in the middle seat and thinking that my dignity was intact, passed out. I got woken up rather violently by the lady jabbing her elbow into my ribs. Turns out not only whatever I drank has caused the most foul stench to eminate from my lower regions, but I peacefully put my head on the lady's shoulder and drooled all over her.

Lady, if you're reading this, I'm sorry... I really am.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Going bare feet to the toilets. VERY common on OZ flights (and streets and shopping centre for that matter).
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

An older man clipping nails, putting toeclippings and toejam into the seat pocket and airing socks out on the back of the chair. The rear seats were empty but still disgusting. ICN to PEK.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:27 am

Toenail painting for about an hour and a half between 3 people. The entire front half of the aircraft smelled like nail polish and nail polish remover
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by diabolicNYC
Toenail painting for about an hour and a half between 3 people. The entire front half of the aircraft smelled like nail polish and nail polish remover
OK that I would definitely complain about and not take no for an answer, those fumes give me headaches.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: Somewhere in my wallet
I almost had a personal disaster on a flight last year, that would have been the deepest moment of ignominy of my life. Before an early-morning flight from HYD to BOM on IndiGo, I had a breakfast of sambar and idli from the only place open beyond security at HYD. Halfway into my hourlong flight, I felt a distressing looseness in my gut from the breakfast. By the time it reached emergency situation, the seatbelt light was on, and we were descending into Mumbai. Acutely self-conscious of reeking like shart, I was ready to duck behind a service vehicle on the tarmac to avoid befouling myself. By a miracle, I survived the bus to the terminal with gritted teeth and rivers of sweat. I never thought I would be happy to see a Mumbai toilet, but I learned the meaning of salvation when I made it to the bathroom in the terminal. I didn't stray far from the toilets at the Juhu Novotel that entire weekend.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by GatoAndaluz
...Acutely self-conscious of reeking like shart, I was ready to duck behind a service vehicle on the tarmac to avoid befouling myself.
Are you sure it would have been a shart and not a foop?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by shocky
Going bare feet to the toilets. VERY common on OZ flights (and streets and shopping centre for that matter).
IDK what's worse: entering an airplane lav with bare feet or in socks. I've seen both many times. Especially towards the end of the flight, it's got to be virtually 100% certain that you're standing in urine. I suppose you can wipe off the soles of your feet, but once your socks get wet there's not much you can do. If I could levitate to go in there, I would.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
IDK what's worse: entering an airplane lav with bare feet or in socks. I've seen both many times. Especially towards the end of the flight, it's got to be virtually 100% certain that you're standing in urine. I suppose you can wipe off the soles of your feet, but once your socks get wet there's not much you can do. If I could levitate to go in there, I would.
But if I am wearing the socks from the amenity kit, I take them off and put my nice clean socks back on.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
I was on a ANZ flight, the first commercial flight after interior refurb and there was poop on the wall in the J cabin toilet, at about eye level.

Poor FA had to glove up. As the flight was ending, I gifted our FAs a couple of boxes of chocs for the good service;
FA: You didn't have to do that.
Me: Yes I did, YOU had to glove up!
FA: Oh, Honey. The stories I could tell you!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Osmo
I was on a ANZ flight, the first commercial flight after interior refurb and there was poop on the wall in the J cabin toilet, at about eye level.

Poor FA had to glove up. As the flight was ending, I gifted our FAs a couple of boxes of chocs for the good service;
FA: You didn't have to do that.
Me: Yes I did, YOU had to glove up!
FA: Oh, Honey. The stories I could tell you!
Whoah whoah whoah, wait a minute

There was a what I don't understand

there was poop on the wall in the J cabin toilet, at about eye level.
am I even

there was poop on the wall at about eye level
I don't, what? How?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by diabolicNYC
That's toxic stuff and the FA should have put a stop to that. I'd have been PISSED.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by shocky
Meh. So common and used to it that it's essentially a non-issue to me unless there's a smell. With most people there shouldn't be one.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
On a widebody transcontinental LAX-JFK red-eye many years ago, with semi-flat seats. I'm in 3K about to go to sleep, enjoying a small glass of wine or bourbon. The cabin is dark, everyone else has dozed off, so I decide to stand up and go to the lab to brush my teeth. I had noticed that the guy in 2K was watching some sort of film because I could see a fuzzy reflection off the window, but I did't give much thought to it.

As I get up, I notice that what he is watching is certainly 18+, and two seconds later it becomes clear that it's more like XXX. He looks up at me just I I notice his hand pumping up and down below his blanket, roughly at waist level. Awkward! He avoided all eye-contact upon exit at JFK. I cannot confirm happy-ending or not.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
On an E145 a month or two ago and a lady put her bare foot on my armrest and was touching my elbow. One evil glance and it was over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.