Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by Fragola
Ewww. Boogers shouldn't be on the seat frames. Everyone knows that's where the chewing gum goes. I don't know about eating boogers but everyone knows you shouldn't swallow your gum cuz it'll stay there for 10 years, or something like that
Actually, that's an urban legend. Haha.

http://u.osu.edu/buckmdblog/2009/12/...h-for-7-years/
Old May 22, 2015, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
Originally Posted by shuigao
Just curious, do you think it is OK to flick them on the floor instead

(Because that's what I do LOL)
I would rather have them in a handkerchief but failing that you could add them as some flavouring on the bald food in CW.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:38 pm

This is one of my best/worst plane stories!

I was flying a red-eye from San Francisco to Mexico City shortly before Christmas. I am a girl in my late twenties, and I was seated next to a Mexican gentleman in, perhaps, his late 50s. I fell asleep fairly quickly; when I fall asleep my head tends to nod forward a bit but other than that I stay seated upright and facing straight ahead. I'm not sure how long I'd been asleep for, but I woke up quite suddenly because my face felt VERY hot. As my eyes opened I discovered that the man sitting next to me had unbuttoned his pants, lifted his buttocks off the seat, pulled the elastic waist of his underpants away from his body and was passing large amounts of gas. I was feeling the heat of his farts ON MY FACE.

In retrospect I handled it very poorly, but I was so groggy and confused that I just jumped out of my seat and ran to the bathroom, where I hid for a few minutes. When I returned to my seat he was once again seated normally with his pants zipped back up. I can say that if a seatmate ever burns my face with their flatulence again I will be better-prepared to handle the situation.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by LGandaB

I was flying a red-eye from San Francisco to Mexico City shortly before Christmas. I am a girl in my late twenties, and I was seated next to a Mexican gentleman in, perhaps, his late 50s. I fell asleep fairly quickly; when I fall asleep my head tends to nod forward a bit but other than that I stay seated upright and facing straight ahead. I'm not sure how long I'd been asleep for, but I woke up quite suddenly because my face felt VERY hot. As my eyes opened I discovered that the man sitting next to me had unbuttoned his pants, lifted his buttocks off the seat, pulled the elastic waist of his underpants away from his body and was passing large amounts of gas. I was feeling the heat of his farts ON MY FACE.

In retrospect I handled it very poorly, but I was so groggy and confused that I just jumped out of my seat and ran to the bathroom, where I hid for a few minutes. When I returned to my seat he was once again seated normally with his pants zipped back up. I can say that if a seatmate ever burns my face with their flatulence again I will be better-prepared to handle the situation.
What??
Old Jun 6, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
As my eyes opened I discovered that the man sitting next to me had unbuttoned his pants, lifted his buttocks off the seat, pulled the elastic waist of his underpants away from his body and was passing large amounts of gas. I was feeling the heat of his farts ON MY FACE.
Wha.... so he was deliberately farting on your face? Or you just happened to be too close to his nether regions?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mikity
Wha.... so he was deliberately farting on your face? Or you just happened to be too close to his nether regions?
I was FULLY upright and facing straight ahead, it was just that my chin had rolled forward an inch or two. This guy was passing so much gas that he felt the need to unzip his pants, lift his hips off the seat and "extend" the waistband of his underwear. I'm not sure if he didn't want to wake me and thought he was doing the polite thing, or if he just didn't care.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:57 pm

Pardon me. He did what?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:57 pm

CO 404 POP-EWR I was the only passenger up front on this flight from Puerto Plata, DR.
The flight attendant served me my dinner, and a few moments later, a passenger opened the curtain and walked up from Coach Class with her infant. She placed the infant on the floor in the aisle, directly next to my seat and proceeded to remove the baby's badly soiled and foul smelling diaper. I've never pushed the flight attendant call button so repeatedly before they came and ejected the mamacita from F Class. Needless to say, I lost my appetite for the chicken in brown sauce that was the entree.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
I was FULLY upright and facing straight ahead, it was just that my chin had rolled forward an inch or two. This guy was passing so much gas that he felt the need to unzip his pants, lift his hips off the seat and "extend" the waistband of his underwear. I'm not sure if he didn't want to wake me and thought he was doing the polite thing, or if he just didn't care.
Either way it truly is disgusting. Why draw so much attention to the fact that you're breaking wind??
Too bad you didn't get around to reporting him. Hope the emotional scars have healed!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA

Say what!!???
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:30 pm

Story #1:
On a widebody AA flight from MIA->SJU in the back of the plane. Only about a half full flight so plenty of room to spread out. My dad took a seat in the middle set of seats, my mother and I took the side set. About mid-flight a woman carrying a baby plops the kid down on the open seats next to my dad and proceeds to change him right there in his row. Kid had made quite a stinky mess. What got all of us was 1) The bathrooms were just 5 more rows back, 2) There were plenty of completely open rows around. 3) She left the dirty diaper on the seat.

Story #2: FlyerTalk Confessional Time.
This was on an LR flight from SJO->MIA. This time, I'm the culprit. A little background: At the time I was mostly vegetarian and we were staying in a few remote places. I'd do beef but really didn't care for fish or chicken at the time. Unfortunately, most of the places were serving chicken and fish with no moo on the menu. So, my diet for those two weeks consisted of eggs, toast, black beans and yellow rice. Reminder: Costa Rica is a volcanic country. The egg yolks were almost orange from the iron/sulfur contained therein. To put it mildly, I was a walking chemical weapons factory. It was bad. Even I was embarrassed, which is quite a feat. My travel companions had unfortunately been subjected to this noxious brew a few times on the trip, unintentionally, but the green cloud was that thick and potent that even a good 10 minutes of airing out the hotel room failed to abate the invisible wall. So the pump is primed, er, stage is set.

Morning flight out of SJO. I'm sitting in ~15E, companions are in 18B&C. Breakfast is served... eggs, of course. It didn't take long before I felt a rumbling and the stream of SBDs started to slip out. These are the type that are so bad that you couldn't locate the source, fortunately for me, unfortunately for the rest of the pax.. The poor man sitting next to me was starting to look quite ill and had stopped eating, covering his tray with a napkin. I think he was even pondering trying the exit door at altitude. I know I was. I would have gone to the bathroom but I would have ended up crop-dusting all of Y and would have spent the entire flight in the bathroom, which would have probably caused a security scare and diversion. Sadly, I think most of the pax would have preferred that or anything else which would have gotten the doors on the plane open for fresh air. Upon arriving at MIA, while waiting in the customs line, my companions came up behind me and slapped the back of my head. "That was you! You nasty b*****d!" I was thankful that they didn't call me out on the plane for it. Of course my travel companions and I can all laugh about it now...but at the time even I'll admit, it was absolutely vile.

As for penance, my travel companions LOVE to tell this story to everyone that's scheduled to go on a trip with me. For some reason I often get my own room, which is fine by me. It's been many years and my GI tract is much calmer and milder these days.

Last edited by KRSW; Jul 9, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by KRSW
I was thankful that they didn't call me out on the plane for it.
I'm a guy. If one of my guy friends did the same thing you did I would have TOTALLY screamed out "Holy .... 12C are you trying to kill us with your gas?!?" (or whatever his seat number was).
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:58 pm

I'm a guy. If one of my guy friends did the same thing you did I would have TOTALLY screamed out "Holy .... 12C are you trying to kill us with your gas?!?" (or whatever his seat number was).
...which is one of the reasons why I usually travel with females.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
lol
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: United 1K (Star Alliance Gold) IHG Platinum
My worst incidents aren't as bad as the fart situation, but disgusting nonetheless.

1) I always hate it when people take off socks and shoes. Seeing people's bare feet all over the chairs is disgusting. However, one time a lady was cutting her toenails and letting them fall on the floor. WHAT?!?!

2) I have been on several flights with people throwing up, but the worst one was a particularly bumpy trip from MIA to MCO. Needless to say, it was a flight full of small children. I don't mind that, but the mom behind me had two kids that both were throwing up. The smell was intolerable.. almost as bad as hearing the loud puking noise the entire flight. Thank god it was short!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.