Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by United747
No shirt, NO SHOES, no service
I guess I have lived in Asia too long, I don't understand how it's disgusting.
Old May 9, 2016, 2:50 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
I guess I have lived in Asia too long, I don't understand how it's disgusting.
I grew up around the restaurant industry in the US and it's a big deal. Not necessarily even for food safety, but things like broken glass can cause a lot of problems.
Old May 10, 2016, 6:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
What am I missing?
The shoes are missing.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Yea perfectly normal.
Yes, perfectly normal indeed. I'll take it a step further and say that this guy is showing us the way forward to new standards of public decorum and freedom from the outmoded tyranny of "no shirt, no shoes, no service." On my next trip to Hawaii I look forward to lounging around the SC wearing only my board shorts.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:54 am

Air China - PVG-CKG

Family of 3, mother, father, ~5 year old boy taking up the 757 row.
Boy stands up on his middle seat holding his fathers head for balance. Father holds out a small, clear, plastic bag. Mother pulls down sons pants and aims the boys urine stream about 30cm into the plastic bag...
When all finished, the father takes the plastic bag into the lav for disposal
Old May 10, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: 1 thousand
It's worth keeping in mind that Asian cultures are quite different when it comes even to things like eating, especially how food is chewed - it's completely ridiculous for other to get upset about that sort of thing, but people still do (although I think it's primarily the Americans and the British who have special sensitivities - I'm British btw).

Toilets are a slightly different matter, but I'm also not surprised that some groups of Asian people would have an aversion to plane toilets: most public toilets in the places in China I've visited are squat toilets, and I can't imagine people being keen on using a shared sitting toilet. (FWIW even Singapore had some squat toilets when I was there...)
Old May 10, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
On a recent ATL-AUS flight, I found used tissues with blood stains inside the seat pocket.
Old May 11, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Flying CCU to AUH, business class bulkhead seating on Etihad. The guy on the other side - long/dirty/yellow toenails and super cracked heels ( dry heaving as I type this) - had the pillow on the ground and resting his feet on it. Wish I had remembered to take a picture ( or maybe it is a good thing I hadnt remembered - the memory of it is enough to make me feel sick). FA's did not tell him anything, and the concerning thing - they probably picked it up and put it back on the seat for the next passenger to use. Gag!
Old May 11, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Desirees
Flying CCU to AUH, business class bulkhead seating on Etihad. The guy on the other side - long/dirty/yellow toenails and super cracked heels ( dry heaving as I type this) - had the pillow on the ground and resting his feet on it. Wish I had remembered to take a picture ( or maybe it is a good thing I hadnt remembered - the memory of it is enough to make me feel sick). FA's did not tell him anything, and the concerning thing - they probably picked it up and put it back on the seat for the next passenger to use. Gag!
How about blanket covering feet? Also gag? I sit next to window, where mostly it is cold on floor and I use blanket to wrap around my feet.

Or let's imagine another case. The pillow was not put on floor but rather someone sat on it for 9h flight and farted most of the time. Would you do sniff test first before accepting the pillow?

I have a feeling that 80% of this thread entries qualify for 'first world problem' definition.
Old May 11, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by JuliaStein
Air China - PVG-CKG

Family of 3, mother, father, ~5 year old boy taking up the 757 row.
Boy stands up on his middle seat holding his fathers head for balance. Father holds out a small, clear, plastic bag. Mother pulls down sons pants and aims the boys urine stream about 30cm into the plastic bag...
When all finished, the father takes the plastic bag into the lav for disposal
Good Lord. I'm pretty liberal when it comes to dealing with kids on a plane, I don't even care if people change a baby's diaper at their seat (just use a change pad please), but this is going too far.

Why on earth wouldn't you take a 5 year old to the washroom?
Old May 11, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by heraclitus
Why on earth wouldn't you take a 5 year old to the washroom?
China, sir... Have not seen articles about photos taken in malls - how chinese tourists allow their toddlers to urinate in trash cans in the middle of a mall?
Old May 11, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Originally Posted by invisible
How about blanket covering feet? Also gag? I sit next to window, where mostly it is cold on floor and I use blanket to wrap around my feet.

Or let's imagine another case. The pillow was not put on floor but rather someone sat on it for 9h flight and farted most of the time. Would you do sniff test first before accepting the pillow?

I have a feeling that 80% of this thread entries qualify for 'first world problem' definition.
- GAG again. Thats it - no more pillows/blankets for me on flight. LOL
Old May 11, 2016, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by invisible
China, sir... Have not seen articles about photos taken in malls - how chinese tourists allow their toddlers to urinate in trash cans in the middle of a mall?
I've heard of worse; Chinese tourists washing feet in fountains and allowing kids to urinate in them. It's FOB tourists that give Overseas Chinese a bad name in some cultures.
Old May 11, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
I've heard of worse; Chinese tourists washing feet in fountains and allowing kids to urinate in them. It's FOB tourists that give Overseas Chinese a bad name in some cultures.
It's not like American tourists have a great reputation either though.

Related: I just found a nappy (diaper) on a seat in the BART...
Old May 11, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I hit the foot trifecta yesterday.

First, I get Mr. 2D beside me who not only has his bare feet on the floor, but then crosses his legs and proceeds to rub said feet and pick off all the dead skin for most of the flight. He had a nice little pile of skin bits in front of him on the floor by the end. But the best part; he did all this after visiting the lav several times in - you guessed it - bare feet! And then ate, rubbed his face, etc. with the same (presumably urine-covered) hand. Ewwwww.

Couple that with the 60-ish dude in 1D who had his feet all over the bulkhead, sometimes up higher than his head. All while wearing shorts that were much too short for that particular position. Made for some uh... interesting views when coming back from the lav.

And if that wasn't enough for one day, I head to the lounge for a bite to eat and what do I see literally 2 feet (pardon the pun) in front of me whilst trying to eat? Lost my appetite pretty quick. What is wrong with people these days??
Attached Images    

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.