Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
I like that BA announces consistently about 40 minutes out that the seatbelt signs are going to go on and there will be no access to the lavs after that. 30 minutes out, the nose of the plane dips as the approach begins. 20 minutes out, the seatbelt sign comes on and that's it. Of course, if you're going 'round the racetrack above LHR, that 20 minutes can stretch out to quite a while. In my experience with AA, that warning is hit-and-miss and usually at the 30 minute mark.

it's difficult to imagine what one would do in his situation except never be in that situation. If he had to go badly enough that he pissed himself at his seat, he certainly had to go badly enough much earlier on when the original warning was made. It's also difficult to imagine how one should behave having just pissed oneself, knowing that clean clothing still has to be delivered from the hold to the claim area... "like nothing happened" may be the best reaction. Of course, that same behavior may be interpreted as "can't believe that happened again".
Old May 9, 2013, 9:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Posted in the AA forum as this was an AA flight and a warning you might inspect those red blankets a bit closer next time before using them.
While I respect that this occurred on an AA flight, it isn't relevant specifically to AA or AAdvantage, so will be moved to TravelBuzz where it can be discussed by a wider travel audience.

Note that I also edited the thread title to clean it up a bit...

~Microwave
AAdvantage Forum Co-moderator
Old May 9, 2013, 9:02 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Posted in the AA forum as this was an AA flight and a warning you might inspect those red blankets a bit closer next time before using them.
Uhhh.... I think I'm more concerned about the condition of the seat!
Old May 9, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Originally Posted by dw
Uhhh.... I think I'm more concerned about the condition of the seat!
+1 to that, I want to know which aircraft so I can avoid 6B!
Old May 9, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Oh man, that is HILARIOUS. I love how the guy just let'er rip after the FA told him to sit down.

When you gotta go, you gotta go and ain't no FAA rule going to stop you!
Old May 9, 2013, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by jlin011
+1 to that, I want to know which aircraft so I can avoid 6B!
You might as well just palyi t safe and avoid all 6B's until further notice.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
LMAO, simple. Flyer didn't break any FAA regs for doing that .... just curious, did he just dump the blanket on the seat/floor when he deplaned as it's usually done? FA was clueless afterward - not that it matter to her/him/them?

If this take place at work, just red bag the seat cushion/bottom - call environmental services and let them take over and clean up the mess. The blanket, red or whatever color, goes into a red bag & sealed for disposal - after first putting on a pair of gloves. That's universal precaution for handling biohazards ... bodily fluid.

And, those lav doors are no longer latched (locked) from the outside for takeoff & landing?
Old May 9, 2013, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

do you know up from down??? you say takoff, then describe i landing situation. in morning, i urinate about once an hour. i do a pretty good job of programming it for the am flight. then the plane don't go, but i gotta go. the latrine is locked. i have never had to resort to blanket city, but with a 2 hr delay, i know how to handle the situation now. RED BLANKET...RED BLANKET!!!
Old May 9, 2013, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DillMan
I thought this was going to be some rant about waiting for a gate.

Then I vomited after reading this.
You sure puke easy. maybe i tell you some more bad stories about me, voiding, and planes...................
Old May 9, 2013, 5:08 pm

A couple of weeks ago one of my friends told me a similar story. They were deplaning and a young guy tried to get in the forward lav; unfortunately another passenger went in right before him. Not wanting to wait, he proceeded to pull his pants down and pee all over the floor, bulkhead and seats in row 1.
Also had a family boarding recently and one of the kids needed to go. Rather than walk inside the airplane and use the lav, the father told him to just go there so the kid peed all over the jetway and the side of the airplane.
Some times I just have to shake my head...
Old May 9, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I was about 2 minutes from peeing into a water bottle once. They made the announcements, but I figured I could handle 30 more minutes. Then we went into an hour holding pattern and my planning went down the tubes.
Old May 9, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
A guy next to me peed in the airsickness bag once. The lav was available and we were at cruising altitude and the seatbelt sign was off!
Old May 9, 2013, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA,DL,WN
Originally Posted by Redhead
A guy next to me peed in the airsickness bag once. The lav was available and we were at cruising altitude and the seatbelt sign was off!
LOL, a new low in laziness!
Old May 10, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
On a flight from Shanghai to Guangdong in 2006, I had to use the loo. Went in and found that there were footprints (shoe) on the seat. Apparently, someone used it by sitting on the seat with their feet! I sent to another lavatory.

First time I heard of durian: at a hotel in Malaysia there was sign: "No durians allowed" - I assumed it was a racial thing. Later, ate one in KL - past the smell, it is sweet and pretty good.

In a book by Pearl Buck, she mentioned that her mother-in-law (Chinese) said she never used handkerchiefs because the thought of carrying mucus around was disgusting, so she just blew into her hands and then to the ground.

A confession: I once did throw up on a commuter aircraft over western North Carolina - during a tornado event that they couldn't get over or around - before I could get the barf bag. I was very sorry for the FA and the ground crew.

Last edited by relangford; May 10, 2013 at 12:41 am
Old May 10, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by blackdawn2
LOL, a new low in laziness!
this is a new world record.
High Mile Open Pee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.