Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Poll - how many countries have you visited?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
Print Wikipost

Poll - how many countries have you visited?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 3:08 pm

Based on http://travelerscenturyclub.org/coun...habetical-list it now makes 76.

Canada/St. Pierre & Miquelon/United States
Costa Rica
Argentina/Bolivia/Brazil/Chile/Colombia/Ecuador/Peru/Uruguay/Venezuela
Martinique/St. Maarten/Cuba
Iceland
Andorra/Austria/Balearic Islands/Belgium/Bosnia and Herzegovina/Croatia/Corsica/CzechRepublic/Denmark/England/Estonia/Finland
France/Germany/Greece/Hungary/Ireland/Italy/Luxembourg/Malta/Monaco/Netherlands/Portugal/Sardinia/Scotland/Spain
Switzerland/Turkey/Vatican City
Benin/Burkina Faso/Democratic Republic of Congo/Gabon/Mali/Mauritania/Morocco/Rwanda/Senegal/Uganda
Dubai/Iran
Madagascar/Reunion Island
Cambodia/China/HongKong/India/Indonesia/Japan/Jeju Island/SouthKorea/Laos/Malaysia/Singapore/Taiwan/Thailand/Vietnam
Australia/New Zealand
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:24 pm

How many countries have you traveled and what's your favorite?

I've traveled 70 countries and my favorite country is Iran. Hospitality is amazing, it's cheap and culturally rich.

I also like Israel, Romania and Russia very much.

What about you?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I've visited only 54 countries, but I'm surprised that I have yet to visit any of your four favorites!

It's hard for me to choose my favorite countries, but any such list would have to include Malaysia and Indonesia. I've probably made more separate trips -- and spent more time -- in those two counties than in any other foreign counties in the world.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by commaander
I've traveled 70 countries and my favorite country is Iran. Hospitality is amazing, it's cheap and culturally rich.

What about you?
Already a huge long thread on this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...many+countries
Suggest you try doing a search before posting "how many countries".
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: DL,EK
Originally Posted by commaander

What about you?
I have been to 88 and my favorite was either Iran or Sudan.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Already a huge long thread on this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...many+countries
Suggest you try doing a search before posting "how many countries".
The OP did introduce an independent topic as to "what was your favorite?" Perhaps that was the OP's real interest, with the how many countries question as a measure of how experienced the responding poster is. If a poster has only visited 5 countries and identifies one as their favorite, it means something different than if they have visited 50 or 100.

In my personal case, I have visited 75 countries, although it isn't completely fair to compare them as some visits allowed a lot of time to experience the country and others didn't. Rather interestingly, of the OP's four favorites, I have visited three (Israel, Russia, and Romania) more than once and had enough time to really get an impression of those countries. None of them would be on my favorites list.

My favorites - Lebanon, Italy, Bangladesh, and Japan.

Reasons:

Lebanon - the warmth and friendliness of the people and the bittersweet quality of the fragility of the country.
Italy - food, culture, and the dolcefarniente quality of day to day living.
Bangladesh - the incredible energy of Dhaka. It isn't a particularly comfortable place to go, but I can't take my eyes off of what is happening around me.
Japan - I find the orderliness of the place fascinating, a complexity of etiquette which borders on obsessive-compuslive.

In all these countries, I enjoyed the food, my interactions with the residents, the culture and the history. There are very few of the 75 countries that I have been to that I would not return to, given the chance.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Close to 100. My favorite is the one I'm in now. I loved Iran. I don't particularly care for Israel and I down right didn't like Russia and China
. I also don't particularly care for Germany. As a diver I love Indonesia and Malaysia. I also love Japan and Italy.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:48 am
Suspended

Are we counting Texas as another country?

Honestly, the only countries i've been to outside the USA are The Bahamas, Canada, and Mexico. Adding the Dominican Republic this summer. Can't say I have a favorite, they are all great in their own ways.

Last edited by airplanegod; Apr 21, 2015 at 8:03 am
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
A little over 50 countries. Thailand and Morocco are my favorites. England, Australia, Papua New Guinea were great. Nepal and Angola most unique and interesting.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:54 am

I've only been to 8 countries, but with my limited experience so far, my favorite was the Bahamas.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
A relatively poxy 21 here (and only one outside Europe - USA). My favourite is Austria but I like Holland a lot too.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:38 am

I have been in 113 Countries and my favorite is New Zealand and Mexico
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
108 now. Faves are Australia, NZ, England, France, Japan and Malaysia
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I've only been to 17 countries so far. I get asked a lot by friends and family which one is my favorite, but I honestly have a hard time narrowing it down to just one or even a few. Each has its own strengths and I've liked different things about them.

Turkey, Japan, Ireland, France, Australia, Mexico come to mind but ask me on another day and it might be others.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Around 30 at last count.

My favorite is Austria. Vienna stole my heart with its beautiful imperial architecture, its amazing food, and the warmth of its people. And the shopping is pretty darn good there. I had the best time in Vienna (and we're going back this fall, hooray!).

I also love Rome. I am fascinated by the fact that its history is layered there, right under your feet sometimes, right before your eyes at others. I think this is why I could not get enough of the Pantheon, which embodied, for me, the evolution of the city (and was somehow spared anyone's taking large chunks of marble and brick out of it to build something else).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.