Reload this Page >

Flying Goals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Goals

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Will be reaching 1.5 million miles on 100 airlines (not incl regionals) this summer.

At current patterns, will reach 2mm and 1000 flights well before age 40.

Still zero flights for any work-related purposes.
That's really impressive, congrats!

In my case, business flights are about 80% of the grand total, but they've taken me to all continents, even in the same calendar year, so I cannot complain!
Old May 24, 2016, 8:24 pm

With my recent AEP-USH flight, I've now flown to the southernmost airport I guess I'll ever reach (unless I ever fly to the Antartica; very unlikely).

And never a flying goal of mine, and a bit of a trivia nonsense, but I've just realised that, with the addition of Ushuaia, I've now flown to airports starting with every letter of the alphabet.
Old May 25, 2016, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by josmon10
With my recent AEP-USH flight, I've now flown to the southernmost airport I guess I'll ever reach (unless I ever fly to the Antartica; very unlikely).

And never a flying goal of mine, and a bit of a trivia nonsense, but I've just realised that, with the addition of Ushuaia, I've now flown to airports starting with every letter of the alphabet.
May I ask what you were doing there - start of an Antarctic cruise?
Old May 25, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Crap. Missing Q and X
*sets new goal*
Old May 25, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
When you've flown as much as I have, there aren't a lot of goals left to attain. For now, I suppose I'll focus on flying my 200th airline. Additionally, I'd like to log a flight aboard a 737-600.

Oh yeah - flying between Perth and Johannesburg would very nicely complete the southern symmetry of my flight memory map.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Crap. Missing Q and X *sets new goal*
I am missing Q , U and Z - damn it - another goal.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:20 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

With the addition of a seaplane port (QNY) last week, I've now "collected 'em all."

Numbers are next...
Old May 26, 2016, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
When you've flown as much as I have, there aren't a lot of goals left to attain. For now, I suppose I'll focus on flying my 200th airline. Additionally, I'd like to log a flight aboard a 737-600.

Oh yeah - flying between Perth and Johannesburg would very nicely complete the southern symmetry of my flight memory map.
Amazing - I thought you were trying to fly on every 737 is the AS fleet - or have you already managed that?

Have you ever done a RTW exclusively in the southern Hemisphere? It will not be easy but it is doable. I think Lan Chile have a Auckland-Santiago - Buenos Aires which helps considerably and Qantas can get you from NZ-Australia -South Africa. And not sure about South Africa back to South America.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Amazing - I thought you were trying to fly on every 737 is the AS fleet - or have you already managed that?
You're right, I forgot about that! At present I've flown aboard all of Alaska's -400s, all of the -700s, all but one of the -800s and all but seven of the -900s. And all but two of Horizon's DHC-8-400s. Being as it's all left to chance, in addition to the fact that Alaska continues to add new airplanes (737 MAX 8/9s) it'll be a likely be a few years before I attain this goal.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
May I ask what you were doing there - start of an Antarctic cruise?
That sounds nice, but no, it was actually a day trip from Buenos Aires, where I've been the last few days on business. It's quite a long flight, below 4 hours, and not cheap due to the duopoly of Aerolíneas and LATAM, but perfectly doable. I departed at 7:35 AM, got back before midnight, and spent 8 hours there.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:53 pm

Crap. Missing Q and X
*sets new goal*
From my list, Quito and Qingdao are quite easy to reach, if you're in the area. And Xiamen and Xi'an are quite popular Chinese airports too.
Old May 26, 2016, 3:01 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
From my list, Quito and Qingdao are quite easy to reach, if you're in the area. And Xiamen and Xi'an are quite popular Chinese airports too.
Quito is UIO and Qingao is TAO so might not be of much help.
Old May 26, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I wish My Flight Memory maps were interactive and allowed others to look through years and airlines the way other sites do because your domestic US map looks like a Jackson Pollok #LifeGoals
Old May 26, 2016, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Quito is UIO and Qingao is TAO so might not be of much help.
I know, I guess I should have written "cities", instead of "airports", as that's what I actually meant.

If we're talking about IATA codes, then I'm missing Q, but QRO (Querétaro) should be added soon.

And on the other hand, if we talk about cities not codes, Y becomes more difficult to achieve -ie, Canadian airports out of the way-. I've only been to the rather obscure YNT (Yantai, China).
Old May 26, 2016, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And on the other hand, if we talk about cities not codes, Y becomes more difficult to achieve -ie, Canadian airports out of the way-. I've only been to the rather obscure YNT (Yantai, China).
No brainer for me YAK out of Anchorage and they have a wonderful lodge/bar 30 yards walk from the terminal - I love Alaska. The Yakutat flight also goes via Cordova.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; May 27, 2016 at 9:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.