Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by KoolFatKat
Great tool but I wish somebody could update the routes.
Excellent tool but it looks like the developer has given up on it... More than 6 months without an update and with so many changes in the recent months (US, JJ, ...) its usefulness is dropping.

Would be great if he opensourced it... publish it on GitHub and let the community of FTers help out with the routes, development, ....
Old May 9, 2014, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by zagy
Excellent tool but it looks like the developer has given up on it... More than 6 months without an update and with so many changes in the recent months (US, JJ, ...) its usefulness is dropping.

Would be great if he opensourced it... publish it on GitHub and let the community of FTers help out with the routes, development, ....
Editing routes, alliances and airlines is extremely simple. Someone could probably upload it to GitHub as is and allow people to submit changes.

EDIT: I bet a google form and a public shared zip would be easier. I'm going to start something

EDIT2: Okay guys, let's try this out. There will be two links I'll do upkeep on:

SUBMIT CHANGES
DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION

EDIT: A couple people submitted changes and I've updated with any changes submitted before 5/28/2014

Last edited by tys90; May 28, 2014 at 2:43 pm
Old May 14, 2014, 9:57 pm

I support publicly updating the files for this tool. It looks like Cockpitvisit might no longer be updating it personally. Looking forward to seeing the next update!
Old May 27, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: krisflyer, Asiana Club
I can make a update version if you guys want.

Just let me know
Old May 27, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I love the tool and would like an updated version
Old May 28, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Me too! A lot changes have happened, such as US=>AA, changes in Sing Air routes, and DJ flights becoming VA, just to name a few.
Old May 28, 2014, 2:46 pm

I'm somewhat hijacking the thread now but two people have submitted changes through the Google Forms link and I've updated the current version to include the changes. If you were one of the people that submitted changes, please try the new version to see if it's correct.

If my post here eventually gets buried I may add a Wiki to the thread but I just want to see how this goes for now.
Old May 28, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Tip for AA users... you can easily edit the alliances.dat file with a text editor to include all AA redemption partners. Here's the line I added today:

Code:
AA Redemption	4M AA AB BA CX AY HG IB JC JL JO KA LA LP MA MH MN MX NU QF QR RJ S7 XL US UL AS HA TN 9W LY EY FJ BB GF
Cheers,
LBBZman
Old May 31, 2014, 3:35 am

Hey guys,

I will upload a update version on mid June

I have updated some routes and added some missing airports in the origin version (New Orleans, Atlanta), also all 787 routes

Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Please don't understand me wrong - I absolutely don't want to discourage anyone from making and publishing their own updates

However, there is a good chance that I will be able to update the tool in June.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:20 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Nice to see you again -- thanks for checking in, cockpitvisit!

I'm sure everyone here will appreciate both of your comments. It's great to know that you expect to have time for the ARM tool again in the very near future and it's also good that you're happy for others to help with updates when you're not able to. ^
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
However, there is a good chance that I will be able to update the tool in June.
Great!

Originally Posted by IMH
Nice to see you again -- thanks for checking in, cockpitvisit!
+1 ^
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dragoon17c
I can make a update version if you guys want.

Just let me know
Please do!! Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:18 pm

Dear Cockpitvisit, thank you so much for this amazing tool. It is the best program worldwide for looking at airline routes. Nothing else comes close. I'm sure you are very busy with your daily work, but we would certainly appreciate an update in June. Thanks again!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:42 pm

Hey Guys

I will release my update version on next week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.