Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by ardyess
Ditto..... and many thanks for my favorite tool on the whole www.

Would love to see the new release through November 2013. However, when I click into the link page, I just get the older (or last) release which is up to July 2013.

Is there something that I'm missing, or not doing correctly now?

I now need my new dose of Airline Route Mapper every few months or so.......

Thanks

Hey, I went over to the download page, and it is now updated with the 11/13 release.

Many thanks

Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:45 pm

Still missing airport data for ATL. Love Airline Route Mapper but please add ATL data when you can -- it's the world's busiest airport!
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: US Silver, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by RDUpax
Thanks for the new release! I'm having a problem with the new version - Atlanta (ATL) is not displayed on the screen. I checked the previous version and Atlanta is there. Could I have toggled something in the new version to hide it?
I love the mapper tool, however, this month's map seems to have a few bugs. MSY is also missing. Anyone found any other missing airports?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have not read the entire thread yet...but...no chances to have for Mac/OSX?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:02 pm

Hello:

Attention.....

Your November 2013 download was missing a huge major airport is KATL (Atlanta,GA) no route in this map. We were waiting for 24 days since updated. Can you fix that ASAP and re do update again please?

Thanks,

Stuart
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
It appears to be an error in the data - will check ASAP.
Originally Posted by Stuart John Gilbert
Hello:

Attention.....

Your November 2013 download was missing a huge major airport is KATL (Atlanta,GA) no route in this map. We were waiting for 24 days since updated. Can you fix that ASAP and re do update again please?

Thanks,

Stuart
Welcome to FlyerTalk! cockpitvisit has known about the problem but he only works on the program as his time permits. You can do what I did and just use the July 2013 version until the update is released.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:25 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Hello:

Attention.....

Thanks,

Stuart
kind of brusque language to flag an issue in a tool put together by a volunteer. Cockpitvisit puts this tool together for the use and enjoyment of fellow flyertalkers, and we all get great use out of it. A little more respect please.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
kind of brusque language to flag an issue in a tool put together by a volunteer. Cockpitvisit puts this tool together for the use and enjoyment of fellow flyertalkers, and we all get great use out of it. A little more respect please.
+1

This thread attracts a lot of new members for some reason. 30 days between replies from Cockpitvisit is not unusual as he has a very busy full time job.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:48 pm

I don't get what is meaning brusque? I tried email him but he never response for 2 weeks since. I don't know if he is paying attention or his computer down or something away vacation.

I can't get back to July 2013. How do I find download July 2013? It has already overwritten file updated it was too late. Next time, I back up before I update in the future.

Thanks,

Stuart

Remember.. I am hard of hearing. I don't get bad manners or bad grammars or something that I don't know how to write perfectly grammars. Please don't attack that I'm deaf. OK?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:32 pm

Hi Y'All,

You need to read about deaf culture language writing.

Here you go:

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/topi...personhood.htm

Thanks,

Stuart
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A friendly reminder here for all of us "old timers" (and an explanation about how we seek to be welcoming to Stuart John Gilbert, one of our newest members):

About 40% of our FlyerTalk members are from outside of the USA. Many of them, and many from within the USA, are English as a Second Language speakers / readers / writers; I am one of those people, as are those whose natal or original language is ASL (as an example).

Mutual respect includes not making assumptions about our fellow members. Our Rules require respect.

Respect our Diversity - link to this guideline

FlyerTalk members come from all walks of life and all parts of the world. We are as diverse in our makeup as we are alike in our passion for frequent flyer programs. Because we all bring a unique perspective to the forum, our collective experience is broadened, and we gain new insights.

Our diversity demands that we respect each other. Due to the inherent constraints of the Internet, humor, sarcasm, language and slang can be easily misinterpreted - especially when crossing cultural boundaries.

When posting a message, pay extra care to how it might be interpreted. And when you come across a post that offends you, read it with an eye toward giving the poster the benefit of the doubt.

If you have an issue with a post, please contact the member privately or contact a moderator. Do not make a situation worse by publicly responding.
Thanks to everyone for remembering this - FT benefits from our diversity in many ways, though we may forget or be distracted by other things going on in our lives.

And remember, some of our members volunteer their time and energy to offer us some tools, rather than offering them for sale (and even those may be a bit busy with their lives other than living the Frequent Flyer addiction some of us have - I qualify yet again! )

JDiver
senior moderator

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Hi Y'All,

You need to read about deaf culture language writing.

Here you go:

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/topi...personhood.htm

Thanks,

Stuart

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 1, 2013 at 11:17 pm
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:11 am

As additional information (if it's helpful), it looks like ATL is in the airports.dat file, but not included in any flights in the routes.dat file
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:35 am

Does anyone have a link for the July 2013 version? Without MSY and ATL, the usability of the current version is minimal for me. Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Installation Failed

Install failed with these messages:

Error opening airports.dat
Error opening airlines.dat
Error opening alliances.dat
Error opening equipment.dat

On Windows Vista.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Install failed with these messages:

Error opening airports.dat
Error opening airlines.dat
Error opening alliances.dat
Error opening equipment.dat

On Windows Vista.
Are those files in the same directory as the exe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.