Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by flightline
Does anyone have a link for the July 2013 version? Without MSY and ATL, the usability of the current version is minimal for me. Thanks.
Found it. For anyone else who need the previous version, there is a snapshot at archive.org dated October 15, 2013. See https://web.archive.org/web/20131015...m.64hosts.com/
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: dl dm, *g
Originally Posted by flightline
Found it. For anyone else who need the previous version, there is a snapshot at archive.org dated October 15, 2013. See https://web.archive.org/web/20131015...m.64hosts.com/
Cheers, mate! I came here looking for an older version :P
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:19 pm

I just noticed the missing ATL myself, and saw here that MSY is missing too. I just did a one minute search, copy, paste of the routes.dat files, and have a working dat file with all the new routes plus the old ATL/MSY data from July. PM me if you'd like a copy. Hopefully that's ok with you cockpitvisit. Great tool.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
This is a great tool! Thanks so much for making this available. I would even volunteer to keep up the development of this great free tool!!!!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: *A Gold, ST Gold; SPG Plat
Lightbulb

Hi cockpitvisit,

Thanks once again for an awesome tool. Just wondering when we can expect the next update? Just as an idea, since we use your tool for travel planning, it would be great if rather than posting the current schedule data (so posting November 2013 data in 2013), you could collect and post data with say a two months lead time instead. Say you were to make a new release in March, rather than including March data, how about May data instead? That would also help keep the tool more current between releases.

Thanks,

Caesar
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Hi cockpitvisit

if an updated version is in the pipeline, can you please fix the problems that have been reported since the last update (I think all the problems boil down to bad data rather than functionality). For example:
Airport MSY not appearing on the map (though it is in the airports data file)
Showing airline US flies its own metal to Asia
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: Star Alliance, Sky Team and One World
New Mapper Update

The new version of the airline mapper has left out a main airport hub in the United Sates, ATL. Heads up.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by EFP415
The new version of the airline mapper has left out a main airport hub in the United Sates, ATL. Heads up.
It's been noted upthread (I believe MSY is missing as well). tjbrooks explains how to work around it.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:20 am

As of March 1, Philippines airlines no longer operates many domestic routes (they appear on the ARM tool as Pal Express.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:49 am

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for building this, cockpitvisit! Great tool!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:00 am

With thanks to cockpitvisit for making the data open, I've created another site with the data: http://ukdataexplorer.com/air-routes/

You can click an origin and destination, and it finds direct routes and routes with one stop. I have to admit that I didn't look around before creating this, and better sites exist, such as http://www.flightconnections.com/.

Last edited by jamestrimble; Apr 2, 2014 at 8:23 am
Old Apr 7, 2014, 5:24 am

Thanks for creating a the tool, i've used it for years, and find it really helpful.

That being said, i feel like there have been so many alliance changes/additions lately. Any thoughts on when the next release with updates will be coming?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by jpripcord
Thanks for creating a the tool, i've used it for years, and find it really helpful.

That being said, i feel like there have been so many alliance changes/additions lately. Any thoughts on when the next release with updates will be coming?
Depending on how important it is to you, you can edit the alliances.dat file in your favorite text editor to update the alliance info.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Depending on how important it is to you, you can edit the alliances.dat file in your favorite text editor to update the alliance info.
I didn't realize how easy it was to edit these, thanks for the tip. I'd be willing to put together updated routes and alliances files if I was aware of changes that need to be made. I'm not sure how to go about doing that since cluttering this thread with changes doesn't seem appropriate.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:54 pm

Great tool but I wish somebody could update the routes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.