Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:57 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, KL Gold
SPN-NRT?

Thank you again for this great tool.

FYI, there seems to be a phantom flight for Asiana between SPN and NRT that somehow managed to sneak in.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by L4ibsch
FYI, there seems to be a phantom flight for Asiana between SPN and NRT that somehow managed to sneak in.
It was a seasonal flight, it only operated on January 9.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
As a Mac owner I am green with envy! Now, I do understand that OP is employing some Windows code, so a Mac version is not possible. However, is it possible for someone to provide a Web interface for us Mac users?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by aktchi
As a Mac owner I am green with envy! Now, I do understand that OP is employing some Windows code, so a Mac version is not possible. However, is it possible for someone to provide a Web interface for us Mac users?
How about using a Windows virtual machine?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:39 pm

Boot Camp does solve all problems. Installed just to use AirlineRouteMapper and KVS.

But Google does have an similar version, just search "flights from XXX" to see all flights and airlines serving a particular route.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:41 pm

Unhappy Please Help

Hey I love this tool... But I have to go in and take out the * in the Routs because when they are on there they dont show up for ex US (Us airways) flys from CLT-GSP from a coadshare but it wont show up.... am I doing something wrong?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:37 am

You have to click the little diamond on the upper right hand corner to show routes flown by regional affiliates.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: Miles and More, Flying Blue, Asia Miles, Mabuhay Miles
AF changed schedule CDG-SSG

AF has changed the schedule and aircraft type in the route CDG-SSG starting today. The new daily schedule is CDG-DLA-SSG and vice via B-777-200ER instead of A-320.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation New update

A new update is available.

• Route maps updated to reflect April 2012
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:52 pm

Thankyou so much!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:04 am

Is there an API that would provide the data?

Very interesting tool, i'm actually jut looking for the data (by typing a flight number, fetching details like source, destination, equipment and such. We would need the data to be 'recent'. Do you know if an API or other form of data provider that provides this 'real time'?

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelBySuitcases
Very interesting tool, i'm actually jut looking for the data (by typing a flight number, fetching details like source, destination, equipment and such. We would need the data to be 'recent'. Do you know if an API or other form of data provider that provides this 'real time'?
I am not aware of any publicly available API.

Commercial providers of airline schedules include OAG and Innovata. Maybe you can inquire them.

For actual flight times, check out flightstats.com or flightaware.com. Maybe they offer a data API, you'll have to contact them for that.

If you are looking for free data, Star Alliance and OneWorld publish a timetable in the PDF format. It can be downloaded from alliance websites, and you can extract the data in text format using Copy&Paste.
Old May 29, 2012, 10:09 am

Horizon?

any possibility of adding Horizon (the Alaska subsidiary)?! would make a great addition. I see some of the routes notated as AS codeshare, but many are not there in any form.

thanks for the great and useful tool!
Old May 29, 2012, 5:29 pm

You'd select Alaska and then "show codeshares", no? It would also show Alaska/SkyWest flights as well...
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:50 pm

A nice software to use!
I am just silly that I have known the "codeshare and regional" just now.

Last edited by samwkchan; Jun 13, 2012 at 7:53 pm Reason: Correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.