Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:12 am

Thanks for the great app!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:53 pm

Programs: QF Platinum/Lifetime Gold, LH Senator, AF Platinum
Oneworld affiliates

Can one assume that checking the "codeshare and regionals" box captures all Affiliates (ie status credit earners) when displaying Oneworld routes? Or would it be better to add them all to the alliance in a text editor?

I suspect the latter, since (as an example) I don't think all Niki routes have equivalent Air Berlin codeshares, yet they are a OneWorld Affilliate.

Last edited by traveller1971; Aug 16, 2012 at 12:08 am
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:10 am

Go into the directory where ARM is sitting. Open the alliances.dat file in the text editor of your choice. After the ST line, you can add a new line with an arbitrary name followed by one tab and the airline codes.

That's the way I just did it, anyway. The poster who's designed this may have a better solution.

Edit: this was in response to a previous post, the relevant portion of which has since been deleted. These are instructions for adding a new alliance that ARM can display.

Last edited by cmn.jcs; Aug 16, 2012 at 12:11 am Reason: See post
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: QF Platinum/Lifetime Gold, LH Senator, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
\
Edit: this was in response to a previous post, the relevant portion of which has since been deleted. These are instructions for adding a new alliance that ARM can display.
yeah, sorry about that - I figured it out and deleted that part of the question (although there was an odd problem with invisible () symbols that I solved by cutting and pasting an existing line in wordpad
Old Aug 16, 2012, 9:21 am

great app, thanks for all your hard work!

one omission i noticed: there is daily nonstop AGS-DCA service on US Airways.

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by traveller1971
yeah, sorry about that - I figured it out and deleted that part of the question (although there was an odd problem with invisible () symbols that I solved by cutting and pasting an existing line in wordpad
No problem, just wanted to make sure someone else reading the post understood the context.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Fantastic. Seriously useful. Thanks a lot!!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:31 am

Hi,

great tool, although I've found it while looking for specific data.

Do you think that the routes data file could also contain the daily/weekly/monthly number of flights? Or do you know non-commercial source to obtain such data? I am desperately looking for it to complete my thesis...
Old Sep 1, 2012, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

I don't have the number of flights, sorry.

For airlines belonging to Star Alliance and Oneworld, you can download PDF timetables and maybe extract data from them.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:38 am

Thanks for a brilliant tool, I use it all the time.

I seem to have found a bug, I run windows 7 (64bit) and every time I go to full screen on route mapper I lose the world map, all the airports are still there, if I expand by pulling the edges the map does not vanish ?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Try enabing the one-pixel offset in Options, maybe it will help.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
cool beans!
8)
Old Sep 8, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Was looking at Siberian (S7) flights in Russia, and discovered an airline called Isle of Scilly Skybus (airline code IOS - 3 chars!?), which flies to various places inside Russia - but does not fly to the Scily Isles (which are in the UK)

Is this an error, or what
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Was looking at Siberian (S7) flights in Russia, and discovered an airline called Isle of Scilly Skybus (airline code IOS - 3 chars!?), which flies to various places inside Russia - but does not fly to the Scily Isles (which are in the UK)

Is this an error, or what
The flights in question are opeared by IrAero. Appareltly they appear as "IOS" in some timetables.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:01 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Success Story

Wanted to thank you again for the program. I was trying to book a somewhat complicated itinerary in the northwest of Spain and just could not make the connections work. The Mapper Tool showed me two flights on two different partner airlines I had never noticed. Was able to complete the booking at the lowest award level after consulting KVS on the flights this tool showed me.

In your debt once again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.