Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by CApreppie
I didn't realize it wasn't being updated anymore. Such an amazing tool!
Agreed. Such a bummer.

I've been using this now: http://www.kayak.com/direct/ Sadly it's not mapped but at least the list is updated.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:41 pm

For those that want to run ARM on a Mac without dual booting or running a virtual machine, I bottled it. You can download it here:
http://www.megafileupload.com/i3hs/ARM.app.zip
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I've been using this now: http://www.kayak.com/direct/ Sadly it's not mapped but at least the list is updated.
Is there a way to hide airlines that only codeshare on a route?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by trijet
Is there a way to hide airlines that only codeshare on a route?
Not to my knowledge although I agree that would be helpful. You can easily see who is timesharing because all the flight times are identical.

What would also be helpful is a mapped website (rather than list). I emailed their support to request this feature. Maybe if enough people emailed with requests Kayak would better this feature?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, VA Velocity, Alaska, BA Avios
woah. sorry Just saw this! I have found it to be correct about 80-90% of the time. Just missing like 1 out of 10 routes from a single destination sometimes. I also found some airports were coded wrong. But hey I think it's pretty awesome for web based and free! I use it every time I book award for clients
Old May 26, 2016, 9:49 pm

Bump. Such a great tool, really miss it.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:19 pm

someone has just come out with another web-based route-map tool, discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...route-map.html

It is web based and I prefer the app I can run locally, but it is nevertheless an interesting alternative.
SQFAN likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by st1575
I am willing to put the .dat files up into GitHub and facilitate crowd-sourced updates, assuming cockpitvisit gives his consent (hopefully via putting the existing stuff explicitly into the public domain or under some other permissive license). My plan would be to incorporate the historical routes into the GitHub history.
It seems like the solution would be to do some code development to enhance OpenFlights to crowdsource data, and dump their own routes.dat to GitHub on a regular basis. The inserts could also be facilitated by some automation/processing on the airlineroute.net RSS feed. Also, someone might also scrape info.flightmapper.net, but it's exact timetables are often wrong (routes are not) and it would probably violate its terms. Seems like it's a fair amount of work, but not intractable, and openflights seems like the right project to build upon. I'm very unimpressed by all these other slow, clunky web tools and don't think anything will come close to AirlineRouteMapper for speed.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:00 am

Route Correction

This is an awesome tool but I noticed a slight error on one of the routes.

United no longer provides service between ERI and CLE. It has been replaced by ERI to ORD. Is there any way to get that corrected?

My apologies if this is not the proper place to report this but I haven't seen any other forms of feedback.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by mikezac
This is an awesome tool but I noticed a slight error on one of the routes.

United no longer provides service between ERI and CLE. It has been replaced by ERI to ORD. Is there any way to get that corrected?

My apologies if this is not the proper place to report this but I haven't seen any other forms of feedback.

Thanks,
Mike
I don't think this tool has been updated since 2014 so it's quite out of date and has a lot of incorrect data. You can manually update your copy if you want by editing the files but I would suggest looking for something different to use.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by tys90
I don't think this tool has been updated since 2014 so it's quite out of date and has a lot of incorrect data. You can manually update your copy if you want by editing the files but I would suggest looking for something different to use.
OK thanks. The reason I asked is I actually use OpenFlights.org and their FAQ references Airline Route Mapper for their data and any corrections should be directed to them. I guess we are out of luck.
Old May 12, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: krisflyer, Asiana Club
Does anyone want the updated version?

I have manually updated one!
Old May 14, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
That sounds interesting, can you give more info?
Old May 14, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by nomad1974
I would be interested as well
Old May 17, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: krisflyer, Asiana Club
Originally Posted by nomad1974
Do you mean you want my manual updated version?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.