Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Old Dec 9, 2007, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcherney
Yes. I'm sure. The flight I'm on is NW 1731 DTW-STT (Feb 2 08). It's definately not a codeshare with anyone (as far as I know). And the DTW-GCM is flight 1796 (Mar 22 08) which is a codeshare w/ CO, but it's on NW metal.
Thanks, I can see them now.

Do you know if there is a published timetable or something that contains NW seasonal flights? The PDF timetable available from NW doesn't list them (valid only for one month), SkyTeam doesn't offer a readable timetable and neither Amex nor OAG timetables have them.

I think I'll have to allow adding user-defined flights.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
I don't, sorry. I only know about these flights 'cause I'm on them!!

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Thanks, I can see them now.

Do you know if there is a published timetable or something that contains NW seasonal flights? The PDF timetable available from NW doesn't list them (valid only for one month), SkyTeam doesn't offer a readable timetable and neither Amex nor OAG timetables have them.

I think I'll have to allow adding user-defined flights.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:16 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Smile Thank you much, cockpitvisit

So what if there are a couple of bugs, it is great work and nothing that I could even dream about doing. You have also graciously shared it with FTers.
You are to be commended.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:27 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
It sounds great; unfortunately when I launch the program, I get a white screen with the menus, but no maps or anything. Am I doing something wrong? Oh wait. Vista. Could it be?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Try disabling the Aero desktop or launching the program in the XP compatibility mode.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Gold, MR Platinum
Very nice! Quick, clean and easy to use! Much appreciated.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:12 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Try disabling the Aero desktop or launching the program in the XP compatibility mode.
Thanks - works in XP emulation.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow! This is indeed an excellent tool! ^
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Fabulous! I have spent hours and hours just playing with it.

I find it helpful for flights and routes. It specializes in that. But it also has a lot of AIRPORT data in memory. I would love to see more development of the existing data from an airport perspective. It is very clumsy to try to route airport to airport (especially for smaller airports near busy routes when all routes are turned on), and you can't do nearby airports well at all. If I have no idea what airlines fly into a given airport, I am really stuck. Once I know what airline flies into the airport, then it becomes easier. Would also like to be able to say "show me the airports within x miles".
Old Jan 20, 2008, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
thanks man, this is definitely a g8 app. here's one bug that i found- the GSP to EWR route doesn't show up when one filters and chooses CO (drop-down menu) but the route is listed when you select the GSP airport logo.

cheers
Old Jan 20, 2008, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

The route shows up if you enable codeshares. It is probably served by a CO regional partner, which show up as codeshares in timetables.

P.S. The tool is not dead, there will be an update in a few days.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
The route shows up if you enable codeshares. It is probably served by a CO regional partner, which show up as codeshares in timetables.

P.S. The tool is not dead, there will be an update in a few days.
i was going to edit my previous post to state that lol actually, it's not technically a code-share but a route operated by Continental Express (whose airline code is still CO).

So i guess a suggestion would be to have codeshares included when selecting an airline via the drop-down menu

EDIT: My bad, you've actually had it as an option in the drop-down lol. silly me
Old Jan 20, 2008, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
^^

Very neat tool. I found a bug -- the New Haven Rail Station (ZVE) is in South America. Also would be great to see some more of the African and Asian carriers, like Ethiopian (ET) or Vietnam Airlines (VN). Thanks for the great program.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL; AA PLT
^^^^^

What a great tool, you would think travel agencies would have something like this. It's exactly what I was looking for to plot some dream trips. It also helps me look for airlines supporting routes I wish to take. What a great way to get started.

Now I can figure out how to get to PPT from BRS or some other crazy route.

Last edited by downandup; Jan 25, 2008 at 2:48 pm
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL; AA PLT
I too have the same problem viewing data on a route as I get white text on a pale box. View .. Find .. on an airport works well enough, I can clearly read the text.

I also see routes for Whyalla Airlines which I think are wrongly ascribed to this airline - a search on the internet tells me that Whyalla was a tiny regional Australian airline that went out of business after being grounded following a crash. Nor do I think that these routes are valid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.