Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CApreppie
Not sure how I post a screen shot.
I like imageshack.us.
Old May 27, 2009, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Thanks - I'll be using it going forward. I have seen the ImageShack before too, but was not sure what it was for.

Example screenshot below:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/927...0527140026.jpg

Last edited by CApreppie; May 27, 2009 at 3:11 pm
Old May 27, 2009, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CApreppie
For example: I select UA US customized and hit Charleston (CHS) and it only shows one route: CHS-CLT. I know that United flies there from IAD and ORD, but they do not show up.
Routes to IAD and ORD are now flown by regional subsidiaries. To display them, enable the codeshares button on the toolbar (in the data I have, it is not possible to differentiate between regional subsidiaries and codeshares with other airlines).
Old May 27, 2009, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Routes to IAD and ORD are now flown by regional subsidiaries. To display them, enable the codeshares button on the toolbar (in the data I have, it is not possible to differentiate between regional subsidiaries and codeshares with other airlines).
Worked perfectly. Thank you.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Exclamation New data available

An update is now available.

• Route maps updated to reflect June 2009.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will repeat, thanks for the great tool!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Great! Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2009, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a friendly bump
Old Jun 26, 2009, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

OpenFlights now incorporates the Airline Route Mapper's route database, so you can check out the routes for virtually any airport online. OpenFlights is a free flight logging/mapping/stats tool. This should be especially handy for Mac and Linux users who are unable to run Airline Route Mapper.

See the OpenFlights thread for details.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 6:22 pm

Hello!

I'm new here, and I found out about your program in a thread in Skyscrapercity forums. I liked the idea, and decided to update the airline routes in my country (Brazil), according to the data available at the Brazilian Air Navigation Management Center (CGNA) website.

I've included (or updated) all the routes of the following companies listed below:

JJ - TAM
G3 - GOL
AD - Azul
O6 - OceanAir
6M - Air Minas
8R - Trip
TE - Team
Y8 - Passaredo
WH - Webjet
P8 - Pantanal
M6 - Meta Linhas Aéreas
ABJ - Abaeté
NHG - NHT Linhas Aéreas
C7 - Rico Linhas Aéreas
S5 - Sete Linhas Aéreas
J6 - Cruiser Linhas Aéreas

So I used Microsoft Access to import all the data, then updated the .dat files (2009-06-29 release) and uploaded them to the 4shared link below:

http://www.4shared.com/file/11498051...ercitycom.html

I thought you might be interested in adding these info to the original program database, so I came here to show them to you.

There are some smaller regional companies in this list (ABJ e NHG don't even have an IATA name), but some others are major companies nowadays, like 8R and WH.

If you want, I can upload some sort of incremental update or something like that, since I had to include some smaller airports as well.

That's it, thanks for your attention, and I hope I've been useful.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:17 am

Can u help me to make a code for connection time calculation?

[QUOTE=cockpitvisit;8765395]Hello,

Hi nice german, you have done a good job with this software. I wonder how the combination's of routes were done in the UI.

I am trying to make a travel portal kind of thing, i want to suggest the best connection timings between two airports, even with stop overs... It will be helpful, if you can give a patch of code or so, even suggest some open source existing piece... I was Let me know your thoughts on it..

Hats off for your work, it speaks for itself .

Regards,
J Alex
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pedrop.rio
Hello!

I'm new here, and I found out about your program in a thread in Skyscrapercity forums. I liked the idea, and decided to update the airline routes in my country (Brazil), according to the data available at the Brazilian Air Navigation Management Center (CGNA) website.

I've included (or updated) all the routes of the following companies listed below:
Thanks, this is most appreciated! I'll add these new routes in the future.

If you want, I can upload some sort of incremental update or something like that, since I had to include some smaller airports as well.
This is not necessary, because I will get the changes by simply comparing the original and modified routes.dat file.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jugz
I am trying to make a travel portal kind of thing, i want to suggest the best connection timings between two airports, even with stop overs... It will be helpful, if you can give a patch of code or so, even suggest some open source existing piece... I was Let me know your thoughts on it..
My program doesn't have anything to do with timings, so I doubt I can help here. Sorry.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 3:15 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST Gold; SPG Plat
Question Future updates to the tool?

Can we expect further updates to the tool? It's been immensly valuable to me and while I understand some of it's functionality is available on openflights.com, it doesn't replace the tool in situations where internet access is unavailable (inflight!) or where it's slow (developing world). I would therefore hope that the OP will continue to update the tool with new schedules on a monthly basis.

Caesar
Old Aug 31, 2009, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Yes, a new update is in the works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.