Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:21 pm

thanks for this amazing tool!!

i'm pretty sure saudi arabian airlines has a direct jfk-med route. i flew on it last year.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teammelli8080
i'm pretty sure saudi arabian airlines has a direct jfk-med route. i flew on it last year.
The route isn't listed in their official timetable. Are you sure it was a scheduled flight?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
The route isn't listed in their official timetable. Are you sure it was a scheduled flight?
Awesome program! I downloaded this yesterday and plan on travelling soon and it is an invaluable resource, saving me scrolling online through Wikipedia and such to get a clear picture of routes and airports. I saw one glitch in your program I wanted to update you about, didn't see a contact for you, so I am posting here.

If you click on Shanghai-Pudong Airport, it shows a connection to an "HIA aiport" in the middle of Brazil, north of Porto Velho and south of Manaus in the middle of the Amazon, but it lists this as "Huai'an" and gives China Eastern Airlines as a destination city. Some kind of code mix-up I think, I've included a screenshot, just wanted to let you know.

Larry
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:24 pm

Great tool!
Any plan to highlight/find route between two cities with direct/1stop/2stop?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:43 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
THANK YOU cockpitvisit!

I have been using your tool for years and may have forgotten to thanks you for making it and keeping it up to date. It is a major help in determining all my options as I plan travel.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the thanks and feedback, will check about the HIA airport.

Originally Posted by milaohu
Great tool!
Any plan to highlight/find route between two cities with direct/1stop/2stop?
Will think about it. For now, you can just select two cities using Shift+left mouse button (this will display routes originating at both cities), this way it should be possible to see possible connecting cities.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:58 pm

i got it through a company as part of a package for the hajj, so maybe you're right in that it isn't a normally-scheduled flight

i also noticed that the airlines for birmingham, alabama airport (BHM) are limited to american, delta and southwest, but i've flown into there on us airways (from PHL) and continental (from IAH) before, and the BHM arrival page shows similar information:

http://www.bhamintlairport.com/schedules-arrivals.html

i promise this time it wasn't for the hajj lol
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

I think Hajj flights are technically charters, so they don't show up in airline schedules.

US and CO flights into BHM are operated not by mainlines, but by their regional operators. These flights are shown as codeshares if you move the mouse to the routes. At the present I have no way of telling a regional operator from a true codeshare, so codeshare airlines are not listed for airports (otherwise I would have to list the whole Star/oneworld alliance for almost every major airport).
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:38 pm

thanks for the great tool, well done.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Update available

A new update is now available.

• Route maps updated to reflect January 2011.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:51 am

It is a nice program. I surprised. Thank you.
I have a plan to make airline tour program with iPhone. it is planing status till now.
Can I take your *.dat files in the iPhone program?
And if you don't mind can you inform me where can I find the latest data?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Feel free to use the data files.

The data files are included with the program (the zip archive is updated usually once per month). There is no separate place to download them.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:59 am

The data files are included with the program (the zip archive is updated usually once per month). There is no separate place to download them.
Predigested data files are available on OpenFlights:

http://openflights.org/data.html#route

These add cross-references to airport and airline data (available on the same page), so you don't need to match based on IATA codes.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA - Always
Anyone run this and it shows up as blank for the map? I can see all the airport dots and can see routes and do other functions. I just can't see the map. Just dots and lines on a white window.
Using January 20, 2011 (version 1.2.0.6) on Win7 x64.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Try enabling the 1-pixel offset in options. This seems to solve problems with some OpenGL drivers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.