FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   KVS Availability Tool (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/319244-kvs-availability-tool.html)

flymaster May 9, 2004 8:27 pm

For some reason, the message I get when I attempt the setup extraction is:
not enough memory available for this installation :mad:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

KVS May 10, 2004 7:17 am

[---Deleted---]

KVS May 10, 2004 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Empress
Can you save a registration code for me? :D

Yes, but only as long as your total number of posts is not indicative of your future use of the tool :D

Simon May 10, 2004 3:21 pm

KVS, this seems to work great, thanks! ^

One question: does it not support multi-airline itineraries, or am I doing something wrong?

i.e., MLU-YYZ, (can be) a DL/AC combination through ATL/DFW, or can be DL the whole way. I can get the DL the whole way, but not the combo.

The "other" ;) tool handles that. Any thoughts?

Simon

KVS May 10, 2004 5:43 pm

Multi-Airline Itineraries

Originally Posted by Simon
One question: does it not support multi-airline itineraries, or am I doing something wrong?

i.e., MLU-YYZ, (can be) a DL/AC combination through ATL/DFW, or can be DL the whole way. I can get the DL the whole way, but not the combo.

The "other" ;) tool handles that. Any thoughts?

I am not really competing with the "other tool", you know? :)

In any case, you cannot select more than one airline with this tool. However, you can use * as the airline code and get all valid flight combinations listed (even with the current version). This option will be added to the appropriate drop-down list when next version is released. Do not use this feature unnecessarily though.

nb27boyyul May 12, 2004 12:42 pm

Code for use...

Hey..I saw your post for limiting accesss...was wondering if you could make an exception for just one more...I fly a fair amount and like to see what flight load are like and particularly wiith upgrade inventory...thanks...my email is [email protected]

Jason ^ :)

stogs2001 May 12, 2004 8:15 pm

Code

Originally Posted by KVS
I think I am going to stop issuing further registrations for now to see how well the system can handle the current load.

For all registered users:
  • Please only request class(es) you absolutely require information on as the tool has to make a separate request for each class entered;
  • Always abort your requests by using the [Stop] button if, after seeing information already displayed, you decide that you no longer require information on the remaining class(es).

KVS, in case you resume issuing registration please save a code for me. I sent you a private message on May 9. My code is 71526522 and my email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Mill Creek Don May 15, 2004 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by stogs2001
KVS, in case you resume issuing registration please save a code for me. I sent you a private message on May 9. My code is 71526522 and my email is [email protected]

Ditto here, KVS....sent a PM to you on the 7th. Don't see myself using this too often - but would appreciate it if/when you do issue some additional regs.

Thanks in advance! ^

KVS May 16, 2004 9:01 am

New Version With ITN/UA Support

I have just released a new version of the KVS Availability Tool.
Support for getting data through ITN/UA has been now been added to the tool.
The Galileo access method remains to be a part of the tool, but will require a special registration code.

As far as the registrations are concerned:
  • If you are already registered for the previous version of the tool, you will now have access to both search methods. Your existing registration code will remain valid.
  • If you have requested a code, but haven't received one yet, I will send you a code shortly, but only for the ITN access methods. No need to submit a new request
  • If you are a new user, send me a FT Private Message (see my 1st posting in this thread for details) and I will send you the code for the ITN access methods.
For those of you not familiar with ITN/UA, it is a rather "quirky" thing and it does not always return all available flights. Also, it often tends to display a strong preference for UA's own flights, even when a specific airline is requested.

lopinc1 May 16, 2004 9:40 am

How come now everytime after I start the program after the first time (it worked the first time) the Go button is greyed out? Thanks

KVS May 16, 2004 10:01 am

Originally Posted by lopinc1
How come now everytime after I start the program after the first time (it worked the first time) the Go button is greyed out? Thanks

That issue has now been resolved. Try downloading the new version again.

elimuli May 16, 2004 4:59 pm

hi,
im trying to figure out where i register, i just downloaded the new version, i was not registered with the old one. my system code is 15127 please email me a password,
thanks a million
e

miro May 17, 2004 3:39 pm

Hi KVS,

I have identified two problems with the tool. The first one is when you got issued a "ITN Only" reg code, you can still click on "Galileo". The tool will tell you you need a special registration code, you click cancel, and the tool is still OK. When you run the tool next time (you need to exit it first) your "Go" button is grayed out. The fix I found for it is to go to the KVS Tool installation directory and remove the file Reg.dat. On the next run the system will ask you your reg code again, but the GO button will be enabled.

Second problem is more pressing for me, as it completely disables the tool, however should impact only a small group of users. I have got a Windows XP Pro English edition, but set "Non-Unicode Programs" to Polish (Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Advanced -> Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode program you with to use: Polish). My default locale is also set to Polish. The problem is when I try to use the date combo box it very nicely shows the date IN POLISH ie. 5/27/04 is shown as 27 maj 2004 (even prints out the weekday besides in Polish - nice), but it looks like it also transmits the date back to the CRS in Polish: I get the following message: "CRS Error: You have entered an invalid date. Double check your entry for calendar errors... etc." The problem is I cannot enter other date, because even if I try to enter it in an American format (5/27/04) when I exit the field the tool will convert whatever I entered back into Polish.

Could you look into those problems? PM me if you want me to test a "beta version" :)

Thanks!

ORDNorth May 17, 2004 3:43 pm

Have tried new tool today and found it offers results only on UA as carrier? Tried selecting AA from drop down list and same result, UA only?

KVS May 17, 2004 5:16 pm

Update [Version 1.2.3]

• The "invalid date" issues have now been resolved and a new version is available for download;
  • Not displaying competitors' flights when UA flights are available (this applies particularly to flights to/from airports in the United States) is a known issue/limitation of the ITN. While selecting a specific airline will often help, there is no reliable solution to this issue that I am aware of.