Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by JeffreyinDE
Until a few days ago, in google flights, I used to be able to search from multiple airports (up to 6) for example iad, bwi, phl, jfk, ewr, to a region (like Asia or Oceania), over a random period of time (such as an weekend in December, or one week journeys over the next 6 months).

Now when I perform that same search, it eliminates the remaining airports in the search and only allows a search from the first airport code in my list. It will however, allow a search from say NYC (which includes LGA, JFK and EWR), but no more than one specific airport code.
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I'm still having 5 airports as the limit. If the same airport should appear on the origin and destination list for any given segment, then the system can remove it from the origin list.
I just tested and got similar results as the OP: I can get 5 airports if the destination is another specific airport, but not a region like "Europe" or "France" for example.

Even if I start with multiple origin airports and a specific destination, then change the destination to a region, it drops out all but the first origin airport.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by Zorak
I just tested and got similar results as the OP: I can get 5 airports if the destination is another specific airport, but not a region like "Europe" or "France" for example.

Even if I start with multiple origin airports and a specific destination, then change the destination to a region, it drops out all but the first origin airport.
Thanks for this confirmation. Now, whats the workaround? anyone?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:30 pm

Thanks for this confirmation. Now, whats the workaround? anyone?
Are there any other online tools that can search for flights to entire regions from multiple airports over a flexible period of time, while also specifying class of service (like premium economy, business, etc)?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:47 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note

Are there any other online tools that can search for flights to entire regions from multiple airports over a flexible period of time, while also specifying class of service (like premium economy, business, etc)?
This question is off-topic for this thread (FlyerTalk Rule 5).

Please take a look at these threads or start a new one:
TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
This question is off-topic for this thread (FlyerTalk Rule 5).

Please take a look at these threads or start a new one:

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
Thanks for this. If you view the posts above, you'll see that this started as a Google flights glitch. My question was merely to see if there is an alternative to GF in this instance as opposed to solving this riddle.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

My question was merely to see if there is an alternative to GF in this instance as opposed to solving this riddle.
While we permit some natural deviation from the topic of the thread, when the focus of the discussion morphs from requesting help using Google Flights to searching for alternatives tools, it is time to move the the relevant threads or start new ones.

And with that said, back to our regularly scheduled programing.

TWA884
Old Dec 23, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold

I take it this is a new GF "enhancement" and no longer a glitch?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:24 am

I keep waiting for this terrible change to happen to me, but I'm still able to search flexible dates from MIA,FLL,MCO to 'Europe.' Have I misunderstood the issue?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 11:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by synergistic
I keep waiting for this terrible change to happen to me, but I'm still able to search flexible dates from MIA,FLL,MCO to 'Europe.' Have I misunderstood the issue?
Can you spell out the specific steps you are taking? If I enter MIA,FLL,MCO in the origin box, and Europe in the destination box, as soon as* I click or "tab" out of the destination box, it switches over to the map view showing multiple destination cities and their fares, but the origin box is reduced to just MIA.

EDIT: ok, if starting completely fresh, it lets you change the dates and doesn't do anything until you finish selecting dates, but the result is the same, it truncates down to a single origin airport.

Name:  Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.08.04.png
Views: 1149
Size:  398.5 KB
Old Dec 23, 2019, 5:08 pm

Hmm, perhaps l the difference is because I'm on mobile. I will try it on a computer when I get home this evening.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 3:03 am

... If I enter MIA,FLL,MCO in the origin box, and Europe in the destination box...
And in the process we learn that it pays to transit through Casablanca this season.
Thanks for posting!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:47 pm

Programs: Chase, United
The flight tracking seems to remember some filters, but forget others. So if I ask it to track prices of only non-stops between two cities, it remembers that I am only interested in non-stops. But if I ask it to remember flights with 1 stop or fewer, and I filter out some possible in-between airports -- it just immediately forgets that I had filtered those out, and sends me alerts about prices on flights I would never take. Can anyone help?
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:01 am

Has anybody figured out exactly why this happens, or have any work around to stop it from happening?

This is happening to me almost constantly now, regardless of browser even.

I've typed in 4 specific airports as the origin and another 4 for the destination. GF is not throwing any errors like "too many airports", so I don't believe this the issue.

Anyone?
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:06 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by jfacowns
Has anybody figured out exactly why this happens, or have any work around to stop it from happening?

This is happening to me almost constantly now, regardless of browser even.

I've typed in 4 specific airports as the origin and another 4 for the destination. GF is not throwing any errors like "too many airports", so I don't believe this the issue.

Anyone?
What exactly is the problem you're experiencing, jfacowns? It's not clear to me what the issue is that you're talking about.

Or is there supposed to be a picture or something in your post? If there is, it's not showing up for me.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:47 am

My apologies, I went through this thread and there only seemed to be mention of one issue. The issue I'm experiencing is when doing a multi-city search.

I have 4 different airport codes for my origin and another 4 for my destination.

GF comes back almost immediately and says "oops, something went wrong" "temporary system error"

Hitting the reload button, which is the only option available, results in flights being displayed for less than a second before this page reappears.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.