FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:19 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by JeffreyinDE
Until a few days ago, in google flights, I used to be able to search from multiple airports (up to 6) for example iad, bwi, phl, jfk, ewr, to a region (like Asia or Oceania), over a random period of time (such as an weekend in December, or one week journeys over the next 6 months).

Now when I perform that same search, it eliminates the remaining airports in the search and only allows a search from the first airport code in my list. It will however, allow a search from say NYC (which includes LGA, JFK and EWR), but no more than one specific airport code.
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I'm still having 5 airports as the limit. If the same airport should appear on the origin and destination list for any given segment, then the system can remove it from the origin list.
I just tested and got similar results as the OP: I can get 5 airports if the destination is another specific airport, but not a region like "Europe" or "France" for example.

Even if I start with multiple origin airports and a specific destination, then change the destination to a region, it drops out all but the first origin airport.