Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Flightbot - flexible flight searches and alerts

Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Hey everyone,

We'd love your feedback on a new flight search tool at https://flightbot.com.

In short, it's a better flexible flight search and alert tool! it lets you search:
  • For trips with flexible dates: search for any 6-8 day trip (similar to what ITA Matrix allows) or even more esoteric combinations like trips that need to be in a city on a certain date
  • For multiple city pairs at a time: search for multiple combinations of city pairs really easily
  • With filters: specify if you want the prices for your flexible search to be only for non-stop flights or stops shorter than a given length (to avoid those cheap China Eastern 20-hour-layover-in-Shanghai flights)
We've gotten really good feedback from FlyerTalk for BookWithMatrix (https://bookwithmatrix.com), our other flight search tool, so are back for more! Let us know what y'all think -- whether it's a feature we'd missed ("it'd be great if you supported this") or bugs you run into, just reply or DM me.
memo123 likes this.

Last edited by phsource; Sep 17, 2018 at 6:50 pm Reason: Add a gif showing the site functionality
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Adding a few screenshots:

Searching for flexible-length trips (like ITA):

Narrowing down searches with certain dates:

Search results page (with color-coded prices):

Flexible alerts

Last edited by phsource; Sep 17, 2018 at 6:55 pm Reason: Fix formatting
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:28 pm

This looks pretty cool! It's much easier to set 1 alert here than to set like 10 different alerts when I have some flexibility

Quick question - is there a way to receive more emails than just when the lowest price changes? I feel like often, the lowest price flight is already a date I know I don't like, but I'd love to hear about other dates that suddenly become much cheaper
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by keiro
Quick question - is there a way to receive more emails than just when the lowest price changes?
Right now there really isn't, but we might be able to change that -- would it help if we updated the alerts so that they get sent when prices for any particular month changes? Or is that also not specific enough? I'd also recommend just narrowing down your alert if it really doesn't work for the dates you've picked to a bunch of specific dates.
Old Oct 21, 2023, 4:58 pm

Hey, is the website still running?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.