Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:10 pm
  #136  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TPE, CGK
Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Posts: 199
Google Flights down?

Hi All,

Is it just me or is Google Flights down?

I get the following error message:

The requested URL /flights/ was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

The address I try to open is https://www.google.com/flights/
Attached Images  
HaikalS is offline  
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:43 pm
  #137  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: RMS
Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Posts: 8,779
Has anyone found a way to exclude Basic Economy fares in Google Flights searches?
mattp1987 is offline  
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:20 pm
  #138  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: ...
Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Posts: 1,078
works for me now, but I was getting same error and message over the weekend
Jane's Addiction is offline  
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:34 am
  #139  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 47
I had trouble on the weekend, and I'm getting the same error again now...
yitzc is offline  
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:58 am
  #140  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 106
google flights discount codes

I am a very frugal traveler when it comes to choosing my destination. I use Google Flights and Skyscanner leaving the destination open to find cheap destinations I'm interested in visiting.

I'm signed up with all the airlines email alerts and several of them have the "discount code" you must enter in the search to get the low price. Does google flights account for these discounts? Am I wasting my time using the airline website? Could I see the same fare price by just using Google Flights and Skyscanner?

<deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 24, 2017 at 9:25 am Reason: Comment on moderator's actions
youranut is offline  
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:09 am
  #141  
Moderator: Travel Buzz
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 3,095
Originally Posted by youranut
I am a very frugal traveler when it comes to choosing my destination. I use Google Flights and Skyscanner leaving the destination open to find cheap destinations I'm interested in visiting.

I'm signed up with all the airlines email alerts and several of them have the "discount code" you must enter in the search to get the low price. Does google flights account for these discounts? Am I wasting my time using the airline website? Could I see the same fare price by just using Google Flights and Skyscanner?

<deleted by moderator>

MODERATOR NOTE: Your query has been moved to the appropriate thread, the master Google flights help thread. Please continue the discussion here.



To respond to your question, I don't know if you are wasting your time on the airline websites. I don't use either airline discount codes or leave a destination open when using Google Flights. Did you try systematically using the discount codes for a dummy booking on Google Flights and seeing if it worked? I may be misreading your question, but it sounds as though you haven't tried for yourself yet. Perhaps you could give a few examples of what is and isn't working for you, and the collective wisdom of posters might be able to get some very specific advise.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 24, 2017 at 9:27 am Reason: Conform to moderator's edit of quoted post
StartinSanDiego is offline  
Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:31 am
  #142  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 106
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego

MODERATOR NOTE: Your query has been moved to the appropriate thread, the master Google flights help thread. Please continue the discussion here.



To respond to your question, I don't know if you are wasting your time on the airline websites. I don't use either airline discount codes or leave a destination open when using Google Flights. Did you try systematically using the discount codes for a dummy booking on Google Flights and seeing if it worked? I may be misreading your question, but it sounds as though you haven't tried for yourself yet. Perhaps you could give a few examples of what is and isn't working for you, and the collective wisdom of posters might be able to get some very specific advise.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not having a problem with GF, just trying to figure out how deep their search goes. I'll try to state my question better.

I received and email from Frontier advertising a "today only" sale -"Save 99% one way" on specific days and destinations. The email provides a promo code "SAVE99" to use when booking the flight on Frontiers website. Obviously these discounted flights will be very cheap. My problem is that the discount only applies to specific days and destinations that are not revealed. You would have to search for random flights on Frontier until you thought you found the cheap flights.

My question - Is GF aware of these promotions? Does GF incorporate promo codes like this when searching? It would be extremely useful if it did. Since the airline sites don't have a map search it is hard to find the cheap destinations. Thats why I use GF, SkyScanner, etc. Should I be investing hours of searching on the Frontier website when these sales are offered? Or is GF doing it for me?

Or is there a place to input airline promo codes in GF?
youranut is offline  
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:01 am
  #143  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 106
Anybody out there?
youranut is offline  
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:30 pm
  #144  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Valencia, Spain
Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Posts: 738
Originally Posted by youranut
My question - Is GF aware of these promotions? Does GF incorporate promo codes like this when searching? It would be extremely useful if it did. Since the airline sites don't have a map search it is hard to find the cheap destinations. Thats why I use GF, SkyScanner, etc. Should I be investing hours of searching on the Frontier website when these sales are offered? Or is GF doing it for me?

Or is there a place to input airline promo codes in GF?
No.
WolfvanWeen is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:37 am
  #145  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Posts: 355
Updated Google Flights in Beta

Not specific to BA, but as a lot of us use this in tandem with ITA. Google Flights seems to have launched a new beta.
You can access it by selecting the "Try Now" button on the right hand side.

Features (work in progress):
  • Origin and Destination airport limitation lifted from 5 to 7
  • Improved routing results (seems to now more closely match ITA)
  • New UI (more Google-ie)
YacozA is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:43 am
  #146  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Posts: 22,127
This thread was originally posted in BA forum but has been moved here as it is not BA-specific.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
LTN Phobia is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:31 am
  #147  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Posts: 8,400
Don't like the UI. Can't see the advantage over the old UI...
WorldLux is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:54 am
  #148  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: LON
Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Posts: 1,758
I can't see any loss of functionality at least. It's suffered the same fate as BA.com in terms of filling up screen space with useless white space, but as far as I can tell everything still works...
Deltus is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:23 am
  #149  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oxford
Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Posts: 629
Agree on the useless white space - it may look good on a 'mood board' but it's impractical for the user. Shrinking the page in my browser using 80% zoom helps quite a bit.

Links to book flights via Google Travel seem new. eg Book on Google with KLM
stuart_f is offline  
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:23 am
  #150  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: GVA, ZRH, KEF
Posts: 183
Did the IDR just crash or is it a Google Flights glitch?

I was searching for flights from Indonesia to Europe on Google Flights (with display in USD).
It seems that Google Flights is showing return flights to anywhere around USD 8 in economy, USD 100 in First class...

Seems like a FX glitch on Google Flights. Any way to book at that price?

Here is an example of a Bali to SFO for USD 50 in F...

irishguy28 likes this.
gsch is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.