Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Google Flights - Changes, Updates, Glitches and Help [consolidated thread]

Old Dec 9, 2020, 7:13 am

Did Google Flights start obfuscating its search query URL ?

Google Flights query urls used to look like this, with the query parameters clearly visible:
But now they look like this:
Why would they do that ? Block site scrappers or dissimulate tracking information ?
Gnopps and Comatose.Captain like this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
anyone else hate they changed the explore map to not only show airports anymore?
hp12c likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Aselwyn
anyone else hate they changed the explore map to not only show airports anymore?
Yes, this sucks + too many labels for tourists attractions popping up and blocking the map.
On the positive side, multiple departure airports are possible again to "explore destinations".
Aselwyn likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:47 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Google may be looking to offer direct booking

https://viewfromthewing.com/google-o...ravel-is-sold/

If they want to get some of those direct bookings, they would need to offer some kind of reward system and make sure to code the credit card transaction as travel. Then it would entice FTers to double-dip on points.

But FTers would still be trying to gain status -- even after the pandemic -- so Google Flights would still need to offer direct links to airline sites for the tickets returned by GF searches.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:10 pm

Some reward system might be one thing, but more important to me is who is doing ticket fulfillment and post-booking support. Do we get the usual Expedia or Expedia clone support infrastructure? If so, no thanks.
hp12c and hoipolloi like this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by xooz
Some reward system might be one thing, but more important to me is who is doing ticket fulfillment and post-booking support. Do we get the usual Expedia or Expedia clone support infrastructure? If so, no thanks.
+1 . I want to deal directly with the airline for changes, refunds, etc.... No middle man, thanks
hp12c likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 6:27 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Legrooms Extension for Google Flights Not Working

Has the Legrooms extension for Google Flights also stopped working for anybody else? Over the last month or two it has stopped showing me seat pitch, lie-flat/recliner, or aircraft type on my flight searches? Now I have to click into each flight to see those stats. Has anybody found a fix?
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Do we have extensions to display the miles between two airport on Google flights when search on Map or filter by number of miles so display only airports which meets the criteria
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by hp12c
Has the Legrooms extension for Google Flights also stopped working for anybody else? Over the last month or two it has stopped showing me seat pitch, lie-flat/recliner, or aircraft type on my flight searches? Now I have to click into each flight to see those stats. Has anybody found a fix?
Ok I was trying to install this and its erroring so its still not fixed
Old May 25, 2021, 12:36 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Legroom Extension is Back!

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Ok I was trying to install this and its erroring so its still not fixed
It seems that it's back in certain instances! Here's an example I pulled up today:

Seems like the extension is now called "Legroom," which makes more sense than "Legrooms" as it previously was called. I pulled up a PHL-LAX search and the extension didn't show anything, though, so it's not working in all instances.
Aselwyn likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Sorry if it's answered before,
How do I download the extension which shows the aircraft type, etc... in the main search screen?
Old May 26, 2021, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
It seems that it's back in certain instances! Here's an example I pulled up today:

Seems like the extension is now called "Legroom," which makes more sense than "Legrooms" as it previously was called. I pulled up a PHL-LAX search and the extension didn't show anything, though, so it's not working in all instances.
Looks like it's still called "Legrooms for Google Flights" for me.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...nlbdccpabaaknp
Old May 27, 2021, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Looks like it's still called "Legrooms for Google Flights" for me.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...nlbdccpabaaknp
I tried that link and got a warning that the extention is not verified +
"It can: read and change your data on www.google.com"
Any thoughts whether it adds enough value to justify the risks?
Old May 27, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I tried that link and got a warning that the extention is not verified +
"It can: read and change your data on www.google.com"
Any thoughts whether it adds enough value to justify the risks?
Mmm, I don't think I've ever seen that message before. I've had this extension installed in some form for probably 6-7 years now?

Ultimately up to you to decide whether to trust the author. I believe the source code can be found here: https://github.com/dbugger/legroom if you want to audit yourself.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:14 pm

Google Flights not showing connecting flights on separate tickets

Im trying to book a flight from EWR-RTB. Its showing various connecting options starting at $545 one-way, but theres a 1-stop connection NOT showing that is only $193 total ($105+$88), if you go EWR-SAP-RTB, with a 100 minute layover in SAP

The only way to see this option on Google flights is to search each segment separately

I thought one of the great things about Google flights is it would find tickets on separate airlines where theres no interline ticketing (must book separately). Is this no longer the case?

Very disappointed in Google Flights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.