Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by X3Skier
Regular Tripit working fine for me.
Yup - it's back for me as well.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Rotodavid123
Have been using tripit for the past 3 months. Helps with planning my 100+ flights per year. Havent found any problems on my iPad or PC.
I really like the TripIt idea, and actually paid for the service for one year before dropping it due to two bugs they refuse to address.

1. I live in Australia, and the TripIt app routinely screws-up my flight schedule due to dateline problems. It shows my connection from GUM/HNL to HNL/IAH as being missed by a day, when in fact that is of course not the case.

2. The "pro" system bombards the user if a flight changes time, or a gate - in some cases I've received two dozen or more change notices while sitting at the gate knowing full well of the status. There is no way to tell the system "I got it, don't bug me anymore". And it's unclear why the system keeps sending the same message over and over again.

I've reported these issues to senior management at TripIt, including so-called CEO Gregg Brockaway, who've acknowledged the issue but apparently have no interest in fixing it.

Last edited by jimmc66; Nov 2, 2011 at 5:30 pm Reason: meh
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by jimmc66
2. The "pro" system bombards the user if a flight changes time, or a gate - in some cases I've received two dozen or more change notices while sitting at the gate knowing full well of the status. There is no way to tell the system "I got it, don't bug me anymore". And it's unclear why the system keeps sending the same message over and over again.
+1
or maybe -1

I find this annoying too.

On the time issue, I can't say I'm in the same difficult situation as you are in Australia (vis-a-vis TripIt, I'm sure Australia is a lovely situation). But, I'm always a little concerned that between time zone changes, data entry errors (either through auto-import screwing up or missing something or my poor hand data entry) and TripIt also giving me the wrong time for a flight.

-----
I'd also add that I'm really unhappy with the Blackberry app b/c you can't change the flipping font size and I can barely see it!
-----
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by sbjnyc
If you have a platinum card you get it for free. I should have been clearer.
I've got the card, but can't seem to figure out where to sign up for AMX-P. Can anyone tell me where to find the benefit or sign up?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pete838
I've got the card, but can't seem to figure out where to sign up for AMX-P. Can anyone tell me where to find the benefit or sign up?
This is how I did it.

I downloaded the Amex Travel app on my iPod and then when you run it you can attach it to a TripIt account and it upgrades it to TripIt pro. That's also the way it's listed on the TripIt website. If you don't have something running iOS you might be out of luck.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by javacodeguy
This is how I did it.

I downloaded the Amex Travel app on my iPod and then when you run it you can attach it to a TripIt account and it upgrades it to TripIt pro. That's also the way it's listed on the TripIt website. If you don't have something running iOS you might be out of luck.
Got it. Perfect. Thanks. I already had a regular TripIt account, and once I installed the AMEX Travel app and logged in it upgraded.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
I really like the TripIt idea, and actually paid for the service for one year before dropping it due to two bugs they refuse to address.

1. I live in Australia, and the TripIt app routinely screws-up my flight schedule due to dateline problems. It shows my connection from GUM/HNL to HNL/IAH as being missed by a day, when in fact that is of course not the case.
I live in NZ and commute weekly to Australia. Also travel to Europe several times a year as well. Have never found a Tripit issue with dateline problems.
I've just made a return booking AKL- RAR which formatted correctly. I find that it also syncs well with our lotus notes calender without creating any issues.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Rotodavid123
I live in NZ and commute weekly to Australia. Also travel to Europe several times a year as well. Have never found a Tripit issue with dateline problems.
NZ to Oz I don't believe would require crossing the dateline. Nor would NZ to Europe, unless you go east.

But here's a typical screen from my iPhone (the same on my computer) that insists I'll miss a direct connection by 995 minutes!

It sure would be better if Tripit management would wake up.

Last edited by jimmc66; Nov 6, 2011 at 1:44 am Reason: meh
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
It sure would be better if Tripit management would wake up.
You have reported it through the normal support channels, right?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: UA - 1k, Hilton - Diamond, Hertz - 5 Star Gold
TripIt - Splitting an itinerary with mutiple flights

I'm sure a lot of people here use TripIt. So far it's been ok for me. The big problem I have is that it seems to be unable to recognize that I have multiple flights on the same itinerary which equates to multiple "trips" and it's not one big trip.

I've tried creating my own trips and working around it, but in the end since I have all these flights on 1 itinerary it still thinks it's one big trip.

Does anyone else that uses TripIt have any ideas on this? Their support is weak and there doesn't appear to be any TripIt help forums.

To give you an example of my issue, here are the details.

LAX - DEN Jul 18
DEN - BOS Jul 21
BOS - DEN Jul 25
DEN - LAX Jul 29

This should work out to be 3 separate trips. Den 18-21, Bos 21-25 and Den 25-29 but I can't get it to split that flight itinerary into 3. It just thinks I'm in Denver 18-29.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
You can split into 2 - LAX-DEN-LAX and a separate DEN-BOS-DEN.

Pick one of the flights and click the dropdown select move.

I don't think you can split something in half - the return moves with the origin. You would have to do that manually.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:56 pm

You might also post your question directly to TripIt. I've found them pretty responsive and friendly to fairly idiot questions from me.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thach1ef
I'm sure a lot of people here use TripIt. So far it's been ok for me. The big problem I have is that it seems to be unable to recognize that I have multiple flights on the same itinerary which equates to multiple "trips" and it's not one big trip.

I've tried creating my own trips and working around it, but in the end since I have all these flights on 1 itinerary it still thinks it's one big trip.

Does anyone else that uses TripIt have any ideas on this? Their support is weak and there doesn't appear to be any TripIt help forums.

To give you an example of my issue, here are the details.

LAX - DEN Jul 18
DEN - BOS Jul 21
BOS - DEN Jul 25
DEN - LAX Jul 29

This should work out to be 3 separate trips. Den 18-21, Bos 21-25 and Den 25-29 but I can't get it to split that flight itinerary into 3. It just thinks I'm in Denver 18-29.
I'm not sure what you want the definition of "trip" to be here. It looks to me like a single trip with stops in DEN, BOS, DEN. You can certainly move records out of one trip into another but I'm not sure how that helps or makes things clearer. What function are you missing by it being one trip? TripIt will still have all the flights, hotels, cars, etc. plus any other things you add. Also, if you have added lodging TripIt will id that day as in the city of the lodging for things like weather. I know we all use these tools slightly differently but when I have multi-destination trips like this one seems to be I get everything I need from TripIt with it being a single trip.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tripit seems to have gone crazy

I have been using Tripit for itineraries. Lately they are 'enhancing' the system.

Some fun challenges:

1. Clicking on 'support' goes to a login screen. Logging in again doesn't help.

2. Itinerary is now confused by international date line and is no longer in chronological order.

3. To see itinerary details, it is necessary to click on a link on each and ever individual item, each and every time you log in.

4. Print options are completely gone, and font sizes are larger, so printing out itineraries takes many more pages than it used to.

Probably there are some more. Why do people always feel they have to fix something that isn't broken?

Edited to add:

I also sent an email to Tripit and got a quick, non-canned response that was completely devoid of content. When I clicked on the link provided in that email for a followup, it was broken as well.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Oct 16, 2012 at 12:58 pm
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
I have also complained: the more people who provide feedback, the sooner something will be done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.