Reload this Page >

TripIt Consolidated Help and Information Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TripIt Consolidated Help and Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:26 am

Before seeing that post, I signed out; then opening the app has it endlessly "Updating Trips." Going to the i still shows me logged in. I may contact support; I'm also wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall the app. I guess uninstalling it would mean going to desktop iTunes and syncing it? That's at home, and I don't have time to do it before I leave on my trip; I guess I'll rely on my old-fashioned printout for this trip.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:12 am

If you signed out in the app (not the web site, it doesn't matter if you are signed on the web site or not) the next thing that happens is the app takes you to a sign in screen. If that isn't happening, try exiting the app completely. (click the home button twice, press and hold an icon on the bottom of the screen until the red x shows up, then find the tripit icon by sliding right or left there and press the red x, then press the home button once, pause, and once more to get back to the home screen.) Then try again.

if you have an up to date iphone, you should be able to reinstall apps from the app store applet. After you remove the app, open the app store and go to updates, then purchased.

-David
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:57 am

Thanks. I went as far as getting to the app store, but trying to install TripIt (I see I used a different path than you said, but I don't see "Purchased"), they say I need iPhone 4.0 software. Don't know if that will work with my 1st-gen Touch.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:11 am

yeah, you can't use the tripit app on a first gen ipod touch. You can use flight track pro and/or import your tripit calendar into the ios calendar app from tripit.com. I use both, because flight track pro is great for flights only, and you need the calendar for hotels, etc. Instructions for the calendar import are on the tripit.com web site.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jul 19, 2011 at 2:42 am
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
Occasionally when I want new items from the web to show up on my phone before the next scheduled refresh I will have to press the refresh menu selection in the TripIt Android app.
The same here, except I sometimes have to refresh both 3 and 4 times before the new schedules are read by the app. Probably just something with my phone, it's not like this on my wife's Iphone.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Have been using tripit for the past 3 months. Helps with planning my 100+ flights per year. Havent found any problems on my iPad or PC. It synchronizes well with my lotus notes calendar, so pretty happy with the app all round.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Have you tried doing a 'soft reset' of the TripIt app? I'm assuming the iPad can do this like the iPhone... You minimize everything, double click the round button on bottom, and across the bottom it shows all apps that are running in the background. Hold down on one, and they'll all start wiggling and have a - in the upper left. Press that - on TripIt (and others if you want), and the next time it opens, it will be somewhat refreshed.

I try to periodically do this and kill all open apps on my iPhone, and it seems to help the performance of everything.

Anyway, I just added a trip yesterday. When I first opened the TripIt app today, it wasn't showing. I went into another trip, then went back to the main screen, and then the new trip was showing.

I still print off copies of all airline, hotel, car rental, and other important items I'll need for a trip, and keep them in a pocket folder my backpack. But if I run into issues, usually the info from the TripIt app is enough.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone having problems with the TripIt website? The app seems to be working fine on my iPhone and iPad, but the website doesn't work.

I've cleared my cookies, but when I log back in, after going past the promotions page, I get:

Code:
504 Gateway Time-out

The server didn't respond in time.
Is the site working for anyone? If so, maybe my account is screwed up.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by josephstern
Anyone having problems with the TripIt website? The app seems to be working fine on my iPhone and iPad, but the website doesn't work.

I've cleared my cookies, but when I log back in, after going past the promotions page, I get:

Code:
504 Gateway Time-out

The server didn't respond in time.
Is the site working for anyone? If so, maybe my account is screwed up.
I'm getting the same thing when I try to access TripIt on the web. My iPhone app seems to be working fine.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK. I'll sit tight. Of course, a big trip I'm handling for eight people starts tomorrow . . . and all my info is in there.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:20 am

Both the iphone app and web site are giving me problems connecting as well.

I have tripit pro through amex. I have an upcoming flight on DL who sent me an email a couple of days ago informing me of a change in departure time. Tripit says it is monitoring that flight but hasn't updated the departure yet. Is there a time lag between when something about a flight changes and when tripit notifies me?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I have tripit pro through amex.
How do I get that?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
How do I get that?
If you have a platinum card you get it for free. I should have been clearer.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbjnyc
If you have a platinum card you get it for free. I should have been clearer.
Thanks. No Platinum for me.

Anyone know of other ways to qualify for TripIt Pro free?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Regular Tripit working fine for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.