Search

TripIt Consolidated Help and Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:03 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I've used Tripit for many years and it's a decent product, but they need to evolve and innovate. The problem is that they don't scan for changes once you've sent them your itinerary. I'd love a service that can tell you of schedule changes, aircraft changes, seat re-assignments, etc.
@itsaboutthejourney do you have the free or paid version?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I have the paid version and they definitely don’t watch your booking in GDS.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by yosithezet

@itsaboutthejourney do you have the free or paid version?
I use the paid/‘pro’ version
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:01 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I use the paid/‘pro’ version
And so do I. I like it a lot, yet I have the same issue as you. I generally begin planning complicated personal travel 11 months in advance. By the time travel rolls around, I've canceled and rebooked many parts of the trip. I have to go in and manually delete all the relevant bits. I've tried forwarding emails containing the cancellations but to no avail.
Sealink likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
And so do I. I like it a lot, yet I have the same issue as you. I generally begin planning complicated personal travel 11 months in advance. By the time travel rolls around, I've canceled and rebooked many parts of the trip. I have to go in and manually delete all the relevant bits. I've tried forwarding emails containing the cancellations but to no avail.
Aha! Now I understand the issue. Same here. Sadly they are no longer independent. Not sure how much effort goes into the consumer product.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:26 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
TripIt - Monitor emails switch off every time

Since several weeks, I can not monitor my gmail adress with TripIt. The settings turn itself off automatically. I would put it back to on, autorize TripIt to access Gmail. This would work 12-24 hours then the next time I look at the settings it is off again.
Anybody with the same issue ?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
A couple of questions for those who subscribe to TripIt Pro -- I'm a long time Free user considering upgrading:

Does the automatic fare change tool allow you to specify the minimum difference? I've run into a couple of other tools that hard code it to the carrier's change fee, which renders it less useful for me.

Is the loyalty tracking functionality good enough to bother with? I'd be particularly interested in something that helps me keep an eye on infrequently used accounts that might expire.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Really wonder how long they can hang on. I’ve been using it for many years to build itineraries, never upgraded to Pro, even though they offer me free temporary upgrades whenever I go on my trips.

but Kayak gives you alerts for free with the same or better ability to populate itineraries from forwarded emails.

only reason I use TripIt is that I like the printed format better than the Kayak product. It prints in fewer pages, though I just save to PDF and use that.

but with free sources for flight info. who would bother to pay?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I pay because I like the delay and gate information etc.
I'm not sure if Kayak really works this well. I think I tried it once, but didn't really like it.
The only thing I don't like about TripIt is that the app is so slooooooooooow.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Kayak is pretty noisY with alerts emails. I believe they will text or even push notifications but I didn’t set it that way.

not sure alerts are always useful. One time I had a 2-3 hour departure delay and must have gotten a half dozen alerts with several revised estimated departure times. I was sitting in the lounge so the only advantage in that case was not going up to look at the screens repeatedly or asking the lounge staff the updated times.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

TripIt and Kayak Trips comparisons belong in the following thread:
For indexing and search purposes, future posts comparing these tools will be moved to that thread.

TWA884
Travel Tools moderator
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by wco81
Really wonder how long they can hang on. I’ve been using it for many years to build itineraries, never upgraded to Pro, even though they offer me free temporary upgrades whenever I go on my trips.
TripIt is owned by Concur which is owned by SAP. Many companies have TripIt Pro included in their contract for using Concur for their travel booming and expense reconciliation. I have been paying for TripIt Pro for years though may not need to now that my company provides it.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by wco81
Originally Posted by yosithezet
TripIt is owned by Concur which is owned by SAP. Many companies have TripIt Pro included in their contract for using Concur for their travel booming and expense reconciliation. I have been paying for TripIt Pro for years though may not need to now that my company provides it.
I find the free version, plus other tools, is sufficient for my needs. If it wasn't for the substantial ownership outlined in the post by yosithhezet , I would probably have upgraded just to support them!
Old Dec 15, 2019, 12:09 am
Suspended

Good for them that they got bought out. Again I see little value in their paid product.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
tripit - pop up window prevents sign in

Suddenly when I log into tripit there is a pop up page asking for name, dob and city. entering requested data and pressing "next" does nothing. So I cannot see my trips. Any help?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.