Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

TripIt Consolidated Help and Information Thread

TripIt Consolidated Help and Information Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 4:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
IMO, TripIt's new appearance s regressive, not useful at all, and some of the data that used to show does not show anymore unless you take the time to click "More" on each and every itinerary portion. The utility of print options is gone - I have to print maps, etc. though I can still alter some factors with my printer controls. One step forward, five steps backward; TripIt's utility to me has lessened significantly.

I definitely agree - it's time to register a complaint, and hope they work these issues out in alpha or beta before they switch the entire system to something so ugly and hamfisted.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 19, 2012 at 5:02 pm
Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:16 am

You should try WorldMate.

Quick and informative responses and very easy to use (looks way better also to my opinion)
All of my trips are organized and have exactly all the details I need (no printing needed) and updated everywhere.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:24 am

Killing the Goose ....etc

Originally Posted by JDiver
IMO, TripIt's new appearance s regressive, not useful at all, and some of the data that used to show does not show anymore unless you take the time to click "More" on each and every itinerary portion. The utility of print options is gone - I have to print maps, etc. though I can still alter some factors with my printer controls. One step forward, five steps backward; TripIt's utility to me has lessened significantly.

I definitely agree - it's time to register a complaint, and hope they work these issues out in alpha or beta before they switch the entire system to something so ugly and hamfisted.
I have complained to these clowns for several weeks now. Reservations that used to go through without any problem now won't process including those from Amadeus. Don't see how they can stay in business doing this. I have been able to get no satisfaction what so ever from them even when they are responding to my emails, which is not often.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Yeah. TripIt is slowly become useless. I have used it for couple of years. but absolutely loathe the new layout and the inability for the system to process etickets that previously was rarely a problem.

Now, they are also spamming me on the screen for hotel options for the destinations etc.

The only thing I want is to have a clean interface that has all my trips neatly organized. TripIt used to provide this function but no longer. As pointed out earlier, why on earth you need to click more info to see the eticket number etc.

Amateurs!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:37 am
Company Representative - TripIt

Thanks to everyone here for taking the time to share your feedback. I've personally reviewed all the conversations here, all feedback sent to our support team, and all comments posted to Facebook and Twitter. I'm pleased to share we just rolled out some updates to the itinerary page, and there will be more to come. The itinerary page was re-designed based on your feedback and will continue to evolve based on your input.

Madalynn Priester
Product Manager, TripIt
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by madalynn
The itinerary page was re-designed based on your feedback and will continue to evolve based on your input.
Welcome to FT, but I call this a BS.

What users wanted to see hotel options being spammed on screen and by email?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: hilton diamond, hyatt platimum,best western diamond elite
have used this product for years....hopefully we can work out the bugs
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:50 am

Based on your feedback, we've made some changes to the itinerary page that should address most of the issues with the new design:

http://blog.tripit.com/2012/11/were-...rary-page.html

Thanks again for taking the time to post your feedback here. We take all of your concerns seriously and we're very grateful to have such passionate users who care so much about improving TripIt.

Madalynn Priester
Product Manager, TripIt
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:56 am

Welcome madalynn!

I've proposed your name to Admin for a "green" name, indicating you are here as a product / service representative. (ah, and now it has happened, madalynn!)

I've also seen some improvement in the TripIt (I subscribe to Pro) product, but still prefer to have further options in printing out an itinerary. "Hide Maps and Directions" option is good, but sometimes I want to print out an itinerary for myself, with all the details, and on other occasions I want to print out a much more limited itinerary for co-workers, neighbors of family members that does not contain personal data such as pricing, PNRs, etc.

I frankly prefer the old format, but if we're going to have to live with changes, I'll review some of my itineraries and see what else I can comment on and hopefully provide some constructive feedback, as you are taking the time to be here with us.

OK, I'll add bit by bit.

Frustrations / improvement:

Yesterday, I spend significant time and effort updating my itinerary for next week because flight data had not updated automatically. At least twice, as I made changes, when I attempted to save, I received an error message and my changes were lost. Frustrating, to say the least.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 7, 2012 at 11:40 am Reason: add
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Based on your feedback, we've made some changes to the itinerary page that should address most of the issues with the new design:

http://blog.tripit.com/2012/11/were-...rary-page.html

Thanks again for taking the time to post your feedback here. We take all of your concerns seriously and we're very grateful to have such passionate users who care so much about improving TripIt.

Madalynn Priester
Product Manager, TripIt
Madalynn - thank you for posting here and I hope that this can be a conduit for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. Frankly, as noted earlier, many comments through support have had a mechanical responses and that can be frustrating to your customers. I believe FT has a knowledgeable and involved user base that can provide you with great insight as to what is valuable to those of us who travel a lot and like the leverage that TripIt provides and promises to deliver.

Given that pre-amble, I would like to register a request that TripIt somehow support a streamlined itinerary. My purpose for this is that I want to be able to e-mail my wife a simple itinerary (transportation [planes, trains: carrier, times, #, departure, arr], hotels (arr/dep dates, name, address and phone #).

When sharing itineraries (with family, friends, co-workers, clients, etc) one rarely wants to share all the details one needs/wants for traveling. None of those people care what seat I am in, what I paid/am paying for a tkt or room, what my PNR is... They just want to know where I will be, when I am coming or going and my hotel phone #. Second, I want to send that info to them quickly and easily. I don't want to force them to hit a link to see what I am doing when simply an e-mail will do. I know you want to sign them up and, if I was getting a free service from you, I would have no complaint on that. But I am paying for TripIt Pro and since I am paying, you should do things in ways that I am comfortable with. If this is hard, I will look at alternatives (I switched years ago to TripIt when WorldMate became a little to cloud based for my use/taste).

Finally, the new interface with points, trips, etc as a layer is a pain. Please just list my itineraries so I can get to the one I am on. First of all, there are many programs you don't track points on anymore so that's useless. The reason I have TripIt on my android is that when I am traveling, I want to get to MY CURRENT TRIP as quickly as possible to check on info, flights, alternatives. layering my itineraries so I have to hit a couple of buttons everytime I want to check on something is a pain. When I am in a trip (and you know when they start and end), I am in trip mode and I just want to application to open to the current trip. Doesn't that make sense.

Thanks for listening.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A quick trip it question.
I have a pnr with a stopover where the first flight is a return flight of one trip and the rest belong to another.
Is there a way to separate them and arts h to different trips - currently all flights on that one pnr are grouped together causing utter confusion as there is plenty of time and other travel in between so nothing auto posts correctly.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Welcome madalynn!

Yesterday, I spend significant time and effort updating my itinerary for next week because flight data had not updated automatically. At least twice, as I made changes, when I attempted to save, I received an error message and my changes were lost. Frustrating, to say the least.
I'm very sorry to hear you experienced problems updating your itinerary. The best way we can help in a situation like this is knowing what page you saw the error on, what the error said, when it happened and what browser you were using. If we have this information we have a much better chance of fixing the issue. You can leave this information in our help form: https://www.tripit.com/uhp/feedback

For the itinerary page, we're still working on some additional enhancements based on the feedback we're hearing. Again, we sincerely appreciate how much our users care about the product and we follow all your comments very closely.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:37 am

Thank you, madalynn.

If I experience difficulties like this in the future I will certainly try to annotate and add them to the help form. That's quite helpful.

I think some of us at least would like, if it's possible, a "More", "All Details" or similar button that could reveal all the details in an itinerary when I am looking at it, instead of having to click "More" on each and every segment of the itinerary. Some of my itineraries are sufficiently complex that gets irksome.

I also agree with the recommendation given previously about being offered the current itinerary and option to select others in the mobile (I use the Android) version.

I'm very sorry to hear you experienced problems updating your itinerary. The best way we can help in a situation like this is knowing what page you saw the error on, what the error said, when it happened and what browser you were using. If we have this information we have a much better chance of fixing the issue. You can leave this information in our help form: https://www.tripit.com/uhp/feedback

For the itinerary page, we're still working on some additional enhancements based on the feedback we're hearing. Again, we sincerely appreciate how much our users care about the product and we follow all your comments very closely.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 2:56 pm

Been using TripIt for a few weeks now. As for feedback, when I change a flight/hotels reservation, it adds my new itinerary, but also keeps my old one. I then have to go in and manually delete the old reservation. Am I doing something wrong or does the program just not delete the old plans?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Not happy since upgrading to Tripit Pro I have had no end of problems with new bookings, not the old ones which were in there under the free application.

One leg of a multi leg trip is not being monitored yet was picked up from the same booking email?

Not Happy Jan....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.