Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TripIt Consolidated Help and Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2023, 5:08 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
TripIt on iOS Outlook

Is anyone running the TripIt calendar feed on iPhone or iPad with Microsoft Outlook?

I can’t figure out a way to import the feed. I have the feed running fine on Outlook on Windows.
Old May 28, 2023, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by hermanni
Is anyone running the TripIt calendar feed on iPhone or iPad with Microsoft Outlook?

I can’t figure out a way to import the feed. I have the feed running fine on Outlook on Windows.
Check this page (which is probably bad news for you):
Tripit support page
Old May 28, 2023, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by estnet
Suddenly when I log into tripit there is a pop up page asking for name, dob and city. entering requested data and pressing "next" does nothing. So I cannot see my trips. Any help?
Have you tried clearing the cache?
Old May 29, 2023, 3:50 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
TripIt and Microsoft 365 Outlook on iOS FIXED

Originally Posted by hermanni

FOUND the solution!

Copy your Calendar feed link (like https://www․tripit․com/feed/ical/private/tripit․ics).

Then, forget the phone and open Microsoft 365 on the web on your computer! Go to https://www.office.com and login to your account.

Then open Outlook from there and click on Add Calendar shown under the calendar thumbnail. Choose Subscribe from Web and paste the feed link.

Now go to your phone, restart iOS or iPad Outlook, open Calendar, click on the top left Folder symbol and the calendar you added on the web shows up here. Enable it.

No need to thank me.
Old May 30, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: AA 2MM EXP, UA 1K, DL Silver
Pickup car in one trip, dropoff in another?

I'm flying to Seattle, renting a car, then driving to Vancouver, and eventually dropping off the car. Given how much I travel, I like to compartmentalize my trips. As such, I would like Seattle and Vancouver to be separate "trips" in Tripit. I tried moving just the dropoff to the Vancouver trip, but it moved the whole reservation. I've copied the reservation from one trip to the other, but now it's forcing the trip dates to be the same, and I can't override it. Does anyone know a reasonable way (other than faking the dropoff date on the Seattle trip and the pickup date on the Vancouver trip) to separate out the pickup and dropoff into separate plans?
Old Jul 21, 2023, 10:10 am

Is anyone else experiencing issues with forwarding e-mails to [email protected] ? Not getting the usual reply e-mail when doing so and nothing is showing up in Unfiled Items.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 2:24 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by flashware
Is anyone else experiencing issues with forwarding e-mails to [email protected] ?
I've set up my account so that my yahoo travel emails and my husband's google travel emails are supposed to forward automatically. Mine do. My husband's do not. I have to manually forward his. It's frustrating.
Old Jul 21, 2023, 8:55 pm

Is anyone else experiencing issues with forwarding e-mails to [email protected] ? Not getting the usual reply e-mail when doing so and nothing is showing up in Unfiled Items.
TripIt confirmed there was an issue which has now been resolved.
estnet likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
TripIt confirmed there was an issue which has now been resolved.
This is bugging the hell out of me. I have raised two flags with Tripit but have had no response. What do I do to get this resolved?
Old Jul 23, 2023, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by DominicB
This is bugging the hell out of me. I have raised two flags with Tripit but have had no response. What do I do to get this resolved?
I just Tweeted them and they responded, so that could be worth a shot.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:20 am

Came here to see if anyone else is noticing that the app isn’t working but now my info has loaded. Finally. This isn’t usual behavior for the program (and it’s a little worrisome, since I have a ten month travel itinerary loaded into it for later - and that’s not a new itinerary that’s associated with this slow behavior).
Old Mar 11, 2024, 3:53 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Calendar feed missing reservation nbr

Previously it was easy to access the item's reservation number in the calendar feed (ical). However it seems like Tripit has now removed this and you need to open the app/website to access this data. Anyone else seeing the same behaviour?

Edit: I reached out to their support and they put it back in

Last edited by Gnopps; Mar 26, 2024 at 3:00 am
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:53 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints Elite/*A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mdavies
I'm flying to Seattle, renting a car, then driving to Vancouver, and eventually dropping off the car. Given how much I travel, I like to compartmentalize my trips. As such, I would like Seattle and Vancouver to be separate "trips" in Tripit. I tried moving just the dropoff to the Vancouver trip, but it moved the whole reservation. I've copied the reservation from one trip to the other, but now it's forcing the trip dates to be the same, and I can't override it. Does anyone know a reasonable way (other than faking the dropoff date on the Seattle trip and the pickup date on the Vancouver trip) to separate out the pickup and dropoff into separate plans?
I am encountering the same issue on a complex longer trip I have upcoming where I am picking up rental cars (one-way) at several points. Adding to the complication: I am traveling with several other people, and I am wanting to share only the parts with each traveler that they are traveling on, so as to not spam everyone for months. I cannot find a solution. Manual entry doesn't work because the car rental option requires a drop-off time/date and location, so I would need to fake that several times and then "collect" the car again, same time same place.

Anyone figured this out yet?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I've wondered about the same. You should contact their support, they're quite good. Even if it's not currently supported, they always seemed happy about feedback/suggestions for future features.
I would also love to see being able to split flight bookings with a stopover into separate trips.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:30 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints Elite/*A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Accor ALL Diamond
I have submitted a support ticket today. Will report back on the outcome.
ChocolateFactory likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.