Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I agree the 'big things' have not happened, though for me nothing needs to be changed apart from the support to add airports / equipment.
FD still has the best layout around if you ask me.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by The Wolf
I agree the 'big things' have not happened, though for me nothing needs to be changed apart from the support to add airports / equipment.
I completely agree, I'd be happy for it to the stay the same but with the added ability to modify the airport/equipment database.

Originally Posted by The Wolf
FD still has the best layout around if you ask me.
Log My Flight is also pretty good, I particularly like the ability to view your personal flights map in full screen. The owner/webmaster Cedric is open to feedback and has already implemented a number of suggestions made in this thread.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LogMyFlight does look pretty nice.

So hard to know where to go - but just remember to export on a regular basis! You never know when one of these providers will go dark.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:12 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by josephstern
LogMyFlight does look pretty nice.

So hard to know where to go - but just remember to export on a regular basis! You never know when one of these providers will go dark.
So totally agree. I cringe every time I add my flights into FlightDiary and myflightmemory due to how crushed I would be if either one of them disappears. I've spent countless hours at both sites keeping my flight log up to date and I hate the thought of the developers one day deciding to pull the plug on it.

FlightDiary is still (by far) my favorite. I'd love to know what the developers have - or do not have - planned with it though, because it doesn't seem to get much attention from them. I would think they get a decent amount of traffic though, so I'm not sure what their end game is.

I hate to say it, but it's perfect enough for me that I'd be glad to pay a subscription fee if that means keeping it alive and growing.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by SANspotter
FlightDiary is still (by far) my favorite. I'd love to know what the developers have - or do not have - planned with it though, because it doesn't seem to get much attention from them.
From Valeria at FlightRadar24.com:
We are working on some improvements for Flightdiary, making it more user-friendly and linking it to Flightradar24. Unfortunately, we can't provide any more details at this time.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I actually sent a request today for LATAM Airlines. Got an email back saying it would be added soon. First time it has happened to me. I exported to jet it up last night to keep my records safe, I quite like jet it up and well done to the creator. I'll use both in the future for back up purposes.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:08 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Burnsie
From Valeria at FlightRadar24.com:
We are working on some improvements for Flightdiary, making it more user-friendly and linking it to Flightradar24. Unfortunately, we can't provide any more details at this time.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
Wow, I had no idea that FD was a sub-product of FlightRadar24. Linking the two together sounds really cool actually, and I can think of a lot of neat tracking and history features that could be incorporated.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:25 pm

What would you guys think of having this type of functionality in an app instead, beautifully designed and super easy to use?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FastLane94
What would you guys think of having this type of functionality in an app instead, beautifully designed and super easy to use?
I'd use a app but at this point have all my data on flight memory and it can be a pain to move.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't see what I would gain with an app. That means I couldn't see the data on my phone or tablet, and no one else could see it.

Frankly, I'm pretty reluctant to download apps these days due to security issues.

What advantage would an app have over a website with cloud storage?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I'm tired of downloading more apps, tbh.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by SANspotter
Wow, I had no idea that FD was a sub-product of FlightRadar24. Linking the two together sounds really cool actually, and I can think of a lot of neat tracking and history features that could be incorporated.
Perhaps flights could be plotted using the actual flight path, rather than the great-circle route. Although I'm not sure how exporting the data would work in this case, the CSV (or equivalent) file would have to be full of coordinates for each flight.

I'd certainly be glad to use a "beautifully designed and super easy to use" app, although to be honest I prefer using a larger screen to view something like Flight Diary, so it would need to be linked to the website rather than being just a standalone app. However if the app also provided live flight information (e.g. departure delays, gate changes, etc) then I'd definitely be interested.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Im not sure about others but I quite like the basic layout of stats. Its not too complicated. In my opinion it just needs a few tweaks.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Do you guys log US domestic "FIRST" flights as FIRST or BUSINESS?
For us accross the pond, I'd say it is business.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:07 pm

I happily noticed that the database is updated with new airports today. Someone mentioned COD was not there 3 years ago and finally it landed in FD. I found out this when I casually searching AS65 and found all segments are available now. PSG (or WRG) were not there before. Good move and way to go, FD!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.