Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by The Wolf
I contacted Fredrik a few days back. He claims big things are happening to flightdiary beginning 2017.
Let's see what happens.
Hope they don't ruin the reasons I like it...
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Does anyone have the CSV format that needs to be used for importing data? I entered a demo flight and then exported to a CSV from FD but using that same format to import doesn't seem to work. Thx

Last edited by limey1K; Dec 28, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
FD has some issues, like the fact that they never listen to requests to add airports, etc.

Their map is the best feature, and they focus heavily on the airplane type. Good that they use the ICAO codes for aircraft rather than IATA.

Too bad that I have to fill in the airport in case they don't have it "in stock" though. That means the airport statistics are inaccurate rather than incomplete.

A new similar website (for me) is JetItUp. It has more airports, which I really appreciate (in fact, haven't found one they don't have!), but fewer/less-specific aircraft types. Also the map... I don't like it as much, but it's more correct for me given the extra info. They don't have full statistics on plane types, which is a big minus...
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not bad - I just imported my FlightDiary to JetItUp.

I like it, but as with FlightDiary, I wish I could enlarge the map.

Also, the JetItUp map seems to have a strange issue with the international date line.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Thanks for the tip. I like Jetitup ,the stats are a nice touch.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA, QF
I have rebranded Pitot.io as https://www.airdiary.net/. The site now has 3D maps, a search engine, an interactive 2D map, automated emailed backups, and a shareable page containing both statistics and your travel map.

Doesn't look as slick as jetitup, but it's way more fully featured.

If you guys contact me after you've signed up I'll give you a free lifetime pro account.

Edit: FYI you can import from FlightDiary, OpenFlights, TripIt just like jetitup so it shouldn't be too hard. I have given a few people free accounts from this thread.

Last edited by emilevictor; Jan 4, 2017 at 12:24 am
Old Jan 11, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by emilevictor
I have rebranded Pitot.io as https://www.airdiary.net/. The site now has 3D maps, a search engine, an interactive 2D map, automated emailed backups, and a shareable page containing both statistics and your travel map.

If you guys contact me after you've signed up I'll give you a free lifetime pro account.

Edit: FYI you can import from FlightDiary, OpenFlights, TripIt just like jetitup so it shouldn't be too hard. I have given a few people free accounts from this thread.
Thanks for your offer.
It seems that the takeoff and landing times are not automatically filled though.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: BA, QF
Originally Posted by mendy7511
Thanks for your offer.
It seems that the takeoff and landing times are not automatically filled though.
Have I activated your pro account for you?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:46 am

That would be great with the offer

Originally Posted by emilevictor

Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Cant currently sign up?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Cant currently sign up?
I, too, cannot find a way to create an account without using FB.

Is there another way in? Do we send a PM to get a free lifetime Pro account?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by The Wolf
I contacted Fredrik a few days back. He claims big things are happening to flightdiary beginning 2017.
Let's see what happens.
Well we're now into April and there are still no signs of any changes to FlightDiary. Fingers crossed these "big things" will be on the way soon. Although to be honest I'd be happy with the ability to add an airport that isn't in their database!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I think it may of been updated. I requested angelsey airport and its been added. Along with WOW Air which I requested probably with many others. Sukhoi super jet and CS Series available in the aircraft type section.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
I've seen a few new airports, including one I needed and they'vr started responding to support emails (through FR24) so I think that's a big positive at least.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by bmibaby737
I think it may of been updated. I requested angelsey airport and its been added.
Originally Posted by jozdemir
I've seen a few new airports, including one I needed
Sounds promising, although I'm still waiting for Hinterstoisser (LOXZ) to be added. I assume it's not there because it doesn't have a three-character IATA code, but I could be wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.